We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forum Upgrade Issues.

Eudemon

Good work :)

Some things:

- All screenies in Firefox 3 Beta 5

Image on home doesn't line up on 1440x900

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/policetapebar.png

This is back:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/topbar.png

lol?!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/sigtesting.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres what I have noticed, as said by others when posting your texted seems centralized. Then In the profile section pics ain't showing just giving the red x in a box, the calander pics are still not working and thats about it. Also them orangey triangles under search and quicklinks are back

I have also noticed in View forum Leaders it now tells you where the people are from, which is nice.

Iced that image has never lined up mate, that's part of the skin rather than anything else, it might just be you're noticing it now after the upgrade.

The button bar dropping down again is annoying and I will need to remember what file I had to alter for that again.

Nodz, those images should now be sorted and as for the profile images is it possible they need to be in an album? I saw a notice about this somewhere before but I will be sure to check it out.

Also another main thing is, When Putting a Background image for anywhere in your user profile you have to make an album through your profile, upload the picture and get the URL that should be forum.tdu-central.com/whatimage url is, any other url will not work

There you go diablo and nodz, yes it must be uploaded.

And Diablo, Try to upload an image, look where it says upload picture, Should there be 2 of those

Iced know how you said that the navigation bar had those arrows back, was that in FF3 also? I know you said all screenies were taken in FF3 but maybe that one wasn't as if it is, then it would seem strange that FF2 shows it fine but FF3 is going to show it as IE7 !!!

@Diablo, you did fix the banner once, as you made the threas 'Who uses IE7' then it worked fine, then it came back in the upgrade. It has always worked in FF2, but didn't until a few months ago in IE7 and when you fixed it, now it doesn't work again ... But in IE7 now, the search button is a few pixels missaligned, there're no arrows in it.

It's expected, he's having a mental breakdown doing all this, so bear with him, and remember to give him a nice big thank you.

Ofcourse, all of these changes rock, and I'm glad that he takes his time to fix the things that are wrong

Gawd, I suck at expressing myself, but I hope you know what I mean

This is a bit of a weird one, but Iced and Sensei were my friends before the upgrade, but now I have to add them again for them to appear as my friends on my profile. Doubt there's a fix and it doesn't really make any difference but thought I'd say nonetheless.

Alright, I think we're finally back to normal.

I have removed the troublesome arrows from the image navbar uptop but unfortunately with the new coding I have had to remove the Search and Quicklinks from the normal Navbar or Hotbar as some of you guys call it.

Some new images have been added so there shouldn't be any red x's appearing but if you see any let us know.

We will be setting new signature rules as this new upgrade due to the Social Grouping feature is already showing an increase in resources and bandwidth usage so a new set of guidelines will be posted about this very shortly.

Can I please ask that everyone selects not to receive Friendship Request emails. Already I know 200 emails have been sent due to this option and I have been in contact with my host letting them know that this is in fact the forum and not a mailer or otherwise. We do have a good limit to what we can send but I would appreciate if you would deselect this option as you will see the notice when you visit the forum anyway. :D I will periodically be doing this with a Database Update anyway should anyone forget.

Profile customisation is free reign right now but should they be abused then they can easily be removed also so use your common sense and remember these can all be reported and must abide by the rules also.

Well there we go, about 20 hours work and we're back, I hope. Cheers to all for the support and I hope you continue to enjoy it here, thanks!

For Upload picture, could you higher the Maximim size of the Image to something we could use better for Backgrounds?

Or would that just nom away at the bandwidth

I see what you mean, I'll fix that now.

I have red x's at Upload picture... :S
Fixed !

Guest RB26DETT

Diablo. I just noticed this. New posts do not disappear quickly as they used too. It's now 11:30pm here, and there are posts from 7:30pm still showing up under New Posts. And, even if I viewed the thread, it still marked unread when I log in another time. It's just something different from before.