We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Alone in the Dark has gone GOLD !!

Eudemon

Yay!!! One of the most anticipated games of the year has gone gold meaning it might actually make the 20th June for Europe and 24th June for North America (I think).

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/shooter/alone-in-dark-goes-gold-$1226534.htm

Can't wait for this thing, moreso to see the O'ahu Police cars patrolling New York. :oook:

As is standard, PS3 version is coming soon... hehe

• 2 weeks later...

The big day tomorrow who's getting/got it?

I hear it's short but the gameplay more than makes up for that.

WARNING the videos containt content not suitable for younger members.

Here are some new videos: http://www.videogamer.com/features/launch_zones/16-06-2008-439.html

Edit: I like the continuous play of all the videos on that site nice idea.

From what I have read about on the internet and seen from youtube it looks like it's a Marmite game. You'll either love it or hate it, I see a few complaints about the control scheme (Xbox 360) but this seems to be from people saying that the game should be easier to take out a load of enemies when in fact AitD isn't meant to be like that, it's not the gore or nothing that scares you, it's the music, the atmosphere and the sounds.

One thing I'm really liking is the driving sections and not for the gameplay as well I haven't played it yet but I like the prospects of what could be in TDU2. Obviously the road being destroyed and buildings falling and crumbling around you will probably not be in it.

I got a phonecall from a mate about this game and he says it really is a love/hate game, it has so many good points but also the bad points but the story and some of the action sequences are amazingly well done. He said it's like TDU as in it has it's problems, but you look past them and see a good game still.

Unfortunately a lot of criticism is going against the controls though read some comments after these and you see that a good number of people are saying that if you know you're way round a controller without looking then you shouldn't really have a problem anyway.

Check the eurogamer review, it's very thorough and you can tell the guy was enjoying the game but the control scheme for him was letting him down but then the same is said about Resident Evil and 5 will be the same, why can't you walk backwards and shoot at the same time, well because running away and having to find space to shoot makes for more tension and gives the zombies a chance to catch you. As said it seems to be a love/hate game so verdicts will be split that's for sure. :)

Couple of videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7VQdq9SftA

HQ version

Great video showing 10mins of action (may contain some small spoilers to the action)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpBzF6dxEeM

HQ version

I've captured some videos of the later stages of this game where I am right now, it's going to be the start of sevendiab again on youtube, I'll be sure to post them here once it's done. Anyone considering this game should really give it a chance, there is a lot to be said about the controls but survival horror players shouldn't really find them too much of a complaint. It's a good game and is imo a 7.5/10.

First this is a good game if you want something different and challenging.

This is far from a no brainer shooter, you have to think and use anything around you to survive.

There are some memorable gaming moments and I've not even got very far yet.

Now for the not so good for PC anyway I don't know how the 360 handle the controls but you almost don't have enough keys on the keyboard. It's not like a flight sim complicated but in these times you should be able to have a key to perform more than one task.

But apart from this and this is the only problem I can find so far. There is a lot of fun to have with this game and I would give it 8/10.

What episode you at S71NG? And I know what you mean that this game isn't one for the run and gun crowd as you need to actually use your brain to figure things out, the forklift scenario is a particularly good example.

This is definitely a Marmite game, you honestly will love it and sigh at but excuse it's flaws or you will rate it below abysmal and put it away never to return. It's a good game for those who like their action and adventure with some thought and the scares are definitely there, S71NG wait till you see The Huge One. OMG his face creeps me right out!

What episode you at S71NG? And I know what you mean that this game isn't one for the run and gun crowd as you need to actually use your brain to figure things out, the forklift scenario is a particularly good example.

This is definitely a Marmite game, you honestly will love it and sigh at but excuse it's flaws or you will rate it below abysmal and put it away never to return. It's a good game for those who like their action and adventure with some thought and the scares are definitely there, S71NG wait till you see The Huge One. OMG his face creeps me right out!

At the start of episode 2 it took me 2 hours to do the first episode stopping every 5 mins to change the controls.

I'm still not 100% happy with them yet so I'll go back to it in a bit.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the game now as it opens up.

You should get yourself a controller. Would make it easier I think. Nah j/k good luck to you once you get it sorted mate.

I got a 360 controller but I am a sucker for mouse aim when shooting but as I think there are more platform stuff than shooting I am thinking about using it right now spooky. :p

It's much better with the 360 controller and the same buttons are used for different things so why could they not do the same for the keyboard controls.

Anyway a small problem for what is a great game. The attention to detail is staggering and other developers could learn a lot from this game.

The fighting is very well done and this is another reason for needing a 360 controller. Using the analog sticks to control the power of the object your swinging works amazingly well.

One question where are all the healing sprays I'm always almost dead? Do you have to use other objects because I've only found one spay so far at the start?

There are healing sprays dotted about but they are not as plentiful as some games you might expect. Always look in the drawers and cabinets, example being there is actually 2 sprays iirc in the first part, the 2nd being at the cabinet next to the PC monitor. ;)

Also keep looking on the walls for first aid cabinets, they aren't marked or highlighted in anyway and they are white so essentially blend in, just keep your eyes open. Also make sure to save yourself sometimes as some reviews comment about the unfairness of checkpoints but so far I have only found this to be true once and I don't know if it's because I save myself sometimes.

Remember bandages can only be used in injuries where you can essentially see the bone. lol

There are healing sprays dotted about but they are not as plentiful as some games you might expect. Always look in the drawers and cabinets, example being there is actually 2 sprays iirc in the first part, the 2nd being at the cabinet next to the PC monitor. ;)

Also keep looking on the walls for first aid cabinets, they aren't marked or highlighted in anyway and they are white so essentially blend in, just keep your eyes open. Also make sure to save yourself sometimes as some reviews comment about the unfairness of checkpoints but so far I have only found this to be true once and I don't know if it's because I save myself sometimes.

Remember bandages can only be used in injuries where you can essentially see the bone. lol

Ok thanks I'll have to keep my eyes open, it's good to know they have not done the normal thing nowadays where everything is highlighted with flashy lights. True old school gaming just as I like it. :D

Will do. I wonder if the G25 works with it somehow :p

Nah i'll probably use the 360 controller or my keyboard. Any idea what would be best to use?

It has to be the 360 controller if there was any question if you need a 360 controller for the PC this game proves it.

I'm loving the game the car scene was much better than shown on the videos I was thinking the handling would be a after thought but this is Eden after all. :) It's not TDU but works well for a adventure game. Lets hope they use the getting in and out changing seats in TDU2. I can see driving your mates around working very well if they do it. ;)