We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Le Mans 24hr

Speedtouch

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you beat me too it :( !!!!!!!!

Anyway for us Europeans Le Mans is on Eurosport & Eurosport 2 so most people have that so there is no excuse not to watch the race for the whole 24 hours :p !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gonna try all 24 hours this yeah but last year I only managed 16 hours so this year I am determined to beat it :D !!!!!!!!!

I'm supporting Corvette Racing (duh !) & both Peugeot teams :D !!!!!

My friend usually goes down to lemans.

i dont think i could. maybe for like a few hours.

16... YOUR MAD.

It was good,

I can tell you had more fun watching that than any F1 race I have ever seen and I am huuuge F1 fan !!!!

Hopefully in a couple of years time I might even do the Le Mans trip myself :).

Ill let Nige answer this but, my guess it is, a live show maybe?:oook:

Well its a race that lasts for an whole 24 hours.

Each car will have like 3 drivers and they take the driving in turns so for example they might do 3.5 hour stints come back to the pits fuel up, change driver and so and so on ...........

and yes the race is on tv for an whole 24 hours :) !!!!!!!!

I think it is on SPEED for us yanks.

I've never watched Le Mans, but it's something I've always wanted to see. Any advice on what team I should root for? I can't watch a race without having a team to cheer on!

Dude your American there is only one team too support:

CORVETTE RACING :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can probably tell who I'm supporting :p !!!!!!

Le Mans is always Father's Day weekend ... easy to remember

as to What Le Mans is ... it's one of THE most famous races in the world ... and a great film was made about it too

Well it depends on what class you want to support ... this year there are 4 Classes ...

LM P1

LM P2

LM GT1

LM GT2

the LMP cars are Le Mans Prototypes ... the open air and closed full blown race cars ... the Audi R10 for example

GT1 covers Astons and Vettes ... GT2 is mainly 911s

Oh I've been a few times ... (about 6 I think ... I was there the year the Merc flipped on the Mulsanne ... the last time I went was with the Bentleys(Audis with a roof!) ... I don't care much for the open prototypes) ... no one watches the whole race ... there's too much beer to be drunk and food to be eaten ... Gran Marnier Crepes ! ... oh and one of the best things at the end of the race is chearing the cars coming out of the pits who are trying to be on the track at the end of the race ... you get recognition for 'racing' at the end of the 24hrs even if the car has been in the garage all night trying to be fixed!

If anyone is actually going don't forget to get down there for the Friday ... and then wander around the campsites for the parties ... oh and possibly some burnouts on the road between the track (by the start/finish) and the blue (?) parking/campsite which is towards the airport

Oh and I used to support Panoz ... well when they had the GTR GT-1 ... you could hear the thing about a minute before it got to the start/finish straight and when it was between the grandstands it sounded like thunder ... no sound like it in the world ... oh and it looked a little like a Viper ... but a Viper was a GT1/2 car and this was a full LMP!

I'm supporting Corvette Racing (duh !) & both Peugeot teams :D !!!!!

Nah. Aston and Audi all the way!

Le Mans is on Eurosport & Eurosport 2

Those aren't the free ones are they? Because I don't think we have the Sky sport package. If so, I'll have to watch the online feed, which is still fine.

Nah. Aston and Audi all the way!

Those aren't the free ones are they? Because I don't think we have the Sky sport package. If so, I'll have to watch the online feed, which is still fine.

Eurosport is normally in the basic package on SKY and Virgin but you have to pay for it on Freeview.

Does anyone know if there are any vipers running this year? I always liked watching the end of the race as everyone basically stops racing and try to line up on the start/finish line for the photo. Then theres the mass invasion where everyone tries to knick something from the pit lane like team banners etc.

Somewhere in my room I have a few tapes of old Le Mans races I think I've got the one when Bentley came back and the one the year before but eurosport only used to do 3 Hour stints and have 2 hours away, so I got the begining middle and end i think it worked out to.