We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Top 5 Favourite Supercars (Possible 56k Killer!)

DriftNismo

Recently saw this thread on another forum i visit, and i thought it was a great idea. If you haven't figured out what this thread is about just yet:

You have to name and include pictures of your top 5 favourite supercars. Just don't throw in a 1000hp Impreza and say it's a supercar xD.

Mine:

1.) Nismo Skyline R34 GTR Z-Tune

nismo_gtr34_1.jpg

2.) Edo Competition Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

2007-Edo-Competition-Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP640-Front-And-Side-1024x768.jpg

3.) McLaren F1

mclaren-f1.jpg

4.) Jaguar XJ220 (the 1988 V12 version)

1187538788431f4.jpg

5.) Ferrari 250GT California

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/angusjdmurray/1957Ferrari250GTCaliforniaSpider.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT
Just don't throw in a 1000hp Impreza and say it's a supercar xD.

Mine:

1.) Nismo Skyline R34 GTR Z-Tune

nismo_gtr34_1.jpg

... Isn't that almost the same as posting a 1000 BHP Impreza? Same goes for almost all of RB's cars except for the Lamborghini.. And, at least in my book, the M3 isn't a supercar, it's a sportscar. "Ricers" aren't supercars, they're insanely quick, or atleast they can be, yes, but not supercars.

1. 1990's Nissan 300zx

bodykit-nissan-300zx-9096-bmxpu.jpg

2.Nissan Skyline GTR R33

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

3.Nissan 240sx

B-NI2489-VIZ2FB.jpg

4. Nissan 240z (well, Datsun, but Datsun IS Nissan)

l_2a7d7b0e821848457dba38442ea5910b.jpg

5. Nissan Silvia S15

nissan_silvia_s15_1_ew.jpg

Well, i DO love Nissans... cant say u werent expecting it- i know Justin was. lol

Yo Drifters! Most of the cars you guys are posting are not SUPERCARS! They are sportscars.

Supercars cost a lot of money from the factory, have tons of heritage and make you turn around and speechless when you see it type thing. Only most car people would look at a Skyline and think it's anything of any decency.

justin- i didnt post the same twice one is a Datsun 240z the other is a Nissan 240sx get it right lol

Diablo- well these cars are Super to me. it doesnt matter if they cost a lot of money. money doesnt make a supercar. are you saying a Rolls Royce Phantom is a supercar? are you saying a Bugatti type 41 royale, thats 10 million dollars, is a supercar? I think not. a super car is a fast, nice car. not some car you pay 200k for and just get power and not comfort. look at the Aston Marton, expensive, powerful, not comfy. If i havent made my point clear, please, just ask.

Don't we have like loads of threads " Your Favorite Super Car ", " Your Dream Car " just thinking since we don't need a new thread, don't think many people will change their minds about what Super Car they would like.

For me anyway,

1. TVR Cerbera

tvr_cerbera_niot.net.jpg

2. Noble M400

11095-2007-Noble-M400.jpg

3. Lamborghini Reventon

lamborghini-reventon-2008.jpg

4. Pagani Zonda

5. TVR Sagaris

Guest RB26DETT

EDIT:

Puhlease! You all don't even know what a ricer is!

Ricer = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhanced Ride!

When you see a japanese car you all think, Oh another ricer! (Error sound) WRONG! Ricer's are 4 cylinder cars with mahooosive body kits and have Catback systems, and CAI installed thinking that ooooh, i has cool car! And this just doesn't apply to Japanese cars! I read Max Power magazine, those Europeans rice Peugoet 106's and make them really ugly! You see a Skyline, Supra, or even S15 isn't a Ricer because they're quick and fast.

Now regarding the supercar stuff. So what if Japanese Car makers don't make mahooosive engines. So what, does that make a supercar? NO! It's reputation! Pick yourselves up a book. Yeah there's a book called Supercars and the Skyline and EVO are in in! Yeah Wouldn't your head turn if you saw a Skyline? I would! Cause they're the sex!

[/rant]

Supercar all one word means a high performance usually exotic from the factory, a Super car is a car that is good at what it does.

A Rolls Royce Phantom is a luxury car, not a supercar, it's for touring or being driven around in, a Supercar is a car that only those who are lucky enough to do well in life can have and enjoy, it's the cars they have dreamed about owning since they were a kid, they are the posters you had on your wall when you were very young (not after watching Fast and the Furious), they are the cars that when you see them you go "Wow" and your mouth stays open. They are the cars that epitomise how far you have come in life and bring a smile to your face and those around you. A standard Skyline does not do that, a Ferrari F40, a McLaren F1, a Lamborghini Countach, a Porsche Carrera GT and hell even a Saleen S7 does all of this and those who own these cars can only know the thrill and excitement of the time you turn that key.

A highly tuned sportscar might put a smile on your face and might be faster than a Supercar but at the end of the day you will look at a Supercar that pulls up beside you more than anything. And if you were to park a Ferrari F40 and a Skyline Z-tune on the street together, no prizes for guessing what would have the biggest crowd.

There isn't as far I can think a proper Supercar from Japan (whatever happened to that one shaped like a bullet?), the NSX is a very competent sportscar but it's not a Supercar in the real sense of the word, on second thoughts the NSX is a Japanese Supercar, it had the styling, the pace and the non-practicality, it handles very well but is not as poised and requires attention to drive hard so yeah I guess the NSX is a Japanese Supercar after all.

Due to films like Fast and the Furious the term Supercar is being associated with cars that don't deserve the title.

Again I say a lot of cars are super cars but they are not Supercars!

As Jeremy Clarkson said on one of his earlier Videos (wow that old huh?)

They are not and never were designed to be practical, infact quite the contarary they are bold brash statements that shout loud and proud "I am filthy rich". No one in their right mind would use a Supercar as a daily driver unless of course they could only just manage to afford the Supercar in the first place and have no money left for a proper car.

Supercars are just toys for the big boys, they are inherantly unreliable, they have shocking visibility, parking is almost impossible except for the open plains of America, the turning circle is measured by the acre because the wheels are so wide. If you have fillings in your teeth they will all drop out by the time you reach your destination because the suspension is so firm, and even though the cars can snap the knicker elastic of the most beautiful babes from 100 paces, you will still never get any because there is no darn room in the cars once you get her inside.

:D

... Oh dear.

Stock skylines are the ONLY supercars, I don't mind tuners such as Nismo, Mines, Top Secret. They're all tuners such as Brabus and AMG.

Customly modified cars AREN'T supercars, with any car it turns them ugly!!

Anyway onto my top 5.

1. Mclaren F1

2. TVR Speed 12

3. TVR Tuscan

4. Ariel Atom

5. Jaguar E-Type

Those are the only supercars I would choose. :)

*psst* LP640 ;)

Hey MC why the SV out of the Diablo's mate, you another one wanting a lightweight RWD V12 from the Raging Bull again?

@Chris: E-Type? Classy! :D Though I'd pick the Miura over it anyday. In fact speaking of the Miura the way we use 'Supercar' nowadays is due to the way CAR magazine described the Miura back in the 60's.

*psst* LP640 ;)

Hey MC why the SV out of the Diablo's mate, you another one wanting a lightweight RWD V12 from the Raging Bull again?

Lol @ LP640!

Of course, RWD V12 Diablo with those stunning looks, what more could you want!

The VS edition that was made for Victorias Secret, girls included!

15ek21g.jpg

And I meant you meant LP640 not what you put..... *nudge*

Okay, err....I'll be away for a few minutes...and I might take that picture with me! :p

I know it is supposed to be LP640, I was laughing at my own stupid mistake. Keep up Diablo! ;):p

Guest RB26DETT

they are the cars that when you see them you go "Wow" and your mouth stays open. They are the cars that epitomise how far you have come in life and bring a smile to your face and those around you. A standard Skyline does not do that

yes it does.

A highly tuned sportscar might put a smile on your face and might be faster than a Supercar but at the end of the day you will look at a Supercar that pulls up beside you more than anything. And if you were to park a Ferrari F40 and a Skyline Z-tune on the street together, no prizes for guessing what would have the biggest crowd.

fair enough seeing that Ferrari have a bigger reputation in the car industry.

There isn't as far I can think a proper Supercar from Japan (whatever happened to that one shaped like a bullet?), the NSX is a very competent sportscar but it's not a Supercar in the real sense of the word, on second thoughts the NSX is a Japanese Supercar, it had the styling, the pace and the non-practicality, it handles very well but is not as poised and requires attention to drive hard so yeah I guess the NSX is a Japanese Supercar after all.

one point for the japs!

sigh. i just hate the bashing of japanese cars. every forum i go to it's BASH BASH BASH the JDM lover. Eurosnob wins.

*raises white flag of fail*

Guest RB26DETT

Nobodys putting down the Japanese cars, all we're saying is they are not Supercars in the actual sense of the word that was coined back almost 50 years ago. It's been difficult for Japan to get it's own proper supercar due to the recently expired Gentleman's Agreement. And your expensive cars remark is ironically cheap, any car can be expensive if you put enough money into it- £100,000 Lotus Lada anyone? - But that still doesn't make them Supercars.

Supercars are a whole different breed! :D