We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Most pointless car in TDU!!

Ringo_60013

The s7 may be a *good* car, but its a ruddy pointless one.

IRL, the S7 is not a dyson with warp-speed capabilities, the car in TDU is rediculous as it feels arcadey, even in HCM. just feels like you're playing NFS whilst everyone else is on forza.

As a car in the game, there is nothing to really like. the dash is plain, and it has scaffolding in the back. sounds liek a dustbuster, looks like an F1, but minus anything that makes it 'stylised' and has a constant power flow from 0-200mph. it isnt quirky, it isnt unpredictable, its just a car on steriods.

generally, to like a car, i have to be able to drive it slow, and to be honest, this is why (shoot me for saying this) i actually like the SSR, its got a nice grunty sound, it seems to effortlessly lumber about the place and its quite nice to drive.

IMO, the S7 is a heap of fail, and in TDU2 it needs to either be brought back to reality, or given the boot

actually i can drive the ME4-12 well. i use sport mode on the driving aids. but its almost impossible to do the same with the S7. i agree entirely with Lwsbrck that it feels arcadey. there isnt anything for me to like. and what i really hate is the fact that almost every race has saleen S7 in the global rankings at number one. tbh if the saleen is so good then why do all these S7's at number one have times of 0:00.02 and the like. if it was a good car, with a point, they wouldn't need to cheat to get it to the #1 spot. as i said its not that its only good at going in a straight line that i didn't like, its that Atari gave it a race ON TWISTY ROADS when its only good at straight line speed. i say this because in the Saleen Day race you have to tip toe around every corner until the last straight otherwise you spin off or hit a tree.but by the time you're on the straight its too late because the AI knows exactly how to drive it a exactly whats going to happen next. this means it can calculate the perfect speed to enter exit and the perfect amount of steering input required to make the S7 go round the corner (even if the corner goes over the brow of a hill) perfectly with no correction of steering and throttle/brake needed to 'floor it' on the straight.

also with regards to N1PPER, maybe the people who use the S7 on mountain tracks are the idiot 12yr olds who ram into your car for no reason. whoever they are, they probably choose the S7 because they like the looks, IMO only a mother could love something that ugly. :)

hope some of that makes sense.

Well, for me S7 is a good car... It was the first 'A' car that I bought and I've learned how to drive it! And Saleen Day race is exciting because of that twisty road....

But I, for example, can't master Koenigsegg CCR! It drives me nuts! :rolleyes:

Lol my highest mileage car (AM V8 Vantage) has only 500+km! But I pride myself on having all my cars with at least 150km... eg all class A cars i get are immediately put on the Millionaire's Challenge. Not only do I get my money back, but it helps but some serious mileage under those wheels...

wow u guys need to learn to drive lol the me 412 is ok and the S7 is pure enginering perfection i mean its a beutiful ca its fast and looks good in a varity of colours (well maybe not pink LOL) but the most pointless i think is the jagaur xk coupe the thing is ugly and slow and its a (i think) its a $75 000 car s oits to expensive for an E class car....

I think I am the only person that likes the have Lexuses (Lexi?) in TDU. I don't want to drive a Ferrari, Pagani, or other car like that all of the time. I want a variety of cars to choose from, Daily Drivers-Exotics. Don't get me wrong, I like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, but sometimes they just get boring in TDU.

No, I like the Lexxi too! :D

No not really, just kidding. For me the 412 is a beast. It goes like hell on the track, i was testing out car times on the TDU track and guess what car was the fastest? The CHRYSLER ME-412. it beat the CCR by 2 seconds, and in the first straight away it pulled about 30 KMH faster than ANY other car. Right after the ME was the S7, all i have to say is WOW:eek_blue:

The ME Four Twelve. I like the car itself, it's just that it's simply intolerable in this game. It's like driving on flat tyres with a SCRAMJET engine bolted to its bottom. And the interior is horrid. Great for photo ops though.

So I guess I'll go along with everyone else. It's the SSR.

actualy all supercars in the game are pointless if you think about it, yes they are fast and mayby look good, but, what can u use em for, to fast to enjoy in a cruise, they will spin unless you have at least hypersport(ofcurse some can drive em whitout those)

the are even more pointless if you think in real life, noone can afford them, they use unbelivble mutch fuel, you cant use em every day, and they will get stolen after 1 week.

• 2 weeks later...

No car is truly useless in TDU, except the Audi A3. The Golf R32 is the same car and is better-looking. The only reason anyone buys an Audi A3 is when they feel too posh for a VW Golf.

The best American cars are the ones the companies can't afford to make, like the ME 412 and the Cien, but I actually quite like all the American cars in TDU, whereas in any other game or even in real life I would feel completely indifferent about them.

I'd be tempted to go for the S7 also, purely because its so overused.

But I'd have to go for either of the... you know what, I can't decide. There's quite a few cars in TDU that I believe are shockers: Cien/ME412/Sixteen/3500GT/CTS-V...

I'd be tempted to go for the S7 also, purely because its so overused.

But I'd have to go for either of the... you know what, I can't decide. There's quite a few cars in TDU that I believe are shockers: Cien/ME412/Sixteen/3500GT/CTS-V...

Oh I love the American cars. They're so good for loafing around, if not meant for speed :) The Cien and the ME-412 are there so that you can see what American manufacturers could do if more people bought their cars, and the 3500GT reminds me of a mafia car! :cool: