We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

7 Reasons The World Will End in 2012

eleKtro

Do You Think The World Will End in 2012  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think The World Will End in 2012

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Atom Smasher = Rubbish

They reckon that it could cause fusion? Fusion only happens in stars at very high temperatures, the earth will melt if we ever did create fusion because most of it can't withstand heat.

And all the atom smasher will do is produce neutrons which are 1 millionth/thousandth of an atom and all the neutrons in the world won't fill up much, it'll create a chain reaction but the reaction will break down because they're isn't enough atoms to continue the chain reaction and when it breaks down it won't make a black hole unless there is a lot of atmospheric pressure forcing the neutrons/atoms to compress against each other and again we can't make enough pressure to force a black hole to happen.

Plus everything said in the Bible is rubbish (its true, I'm sorry.)

The solar storms of the Sun have always been happening and its a product from fusion. The sun is predicted to either expand into a red supergiant in 10 thousand million years and that's when we will be dead because we cannot adapt to the heat quick enough and we will be incinerated if our race is still there. Or the Sun will shrink into a black dwarf, we will die from this because there will be no more light coming from the Sun so no photosynthesize from plants, no pollination, our resources will deplete and we'll end up starving to death.

And also, the magnetic field has nothing to do with ultraviolet light. Light is a wave and the magnetic field has nothing to do with the ozone layer that protects us from UV because ozone does not conduct electricity, electricity doesn't pass through ozone so that is never going to happen. Thew only thing that will happen is that compasses and other devices that need the magnetic field won't work properly.

The super volcano if ever happens will only destroy a part of North America, the smoke will surround around our planet yes, its temporary because the sun's rays will break through it and dissipate the smoke, it'll just make the earth hotter through the Greenhouse effect, it could make us colder by preventing the rays from coming from the Sun to Earth so no heat will come through.

I think I've answered most of these questions. :)

And all the atom smasher will do is produce neutrons which are 1 millionth/thousandth of an atom and all the neutrons in the world won't fill up much, it'll create a chain reaction but the reaction will break down because they're isn't enough atoms to continue the chain reaction and when it breaks down it won't make a black hole unless there is a lot of atmospheric pressure forcing the neutrons/atoms to compress against each other and again we can't make enough pressure to force a black hole to happen.

The solar storms of the Sun have always been happening and its a product from fusion. The sun is predicted to either expand into a red supergiant in 10 thousand million years and that's when we will be dead because we cannot adapt to the heat quick enough and we will be incinerated if our race is still there. Or the Sun will shrink into a black dwarf, we will die from this because there will be no more light coming from the Sun so no photosynthesize from plants, no pollination, our resources will deplete and we'll end up starving to death.

Actually if the Sun died or shrunk we'll just freeze instantly and noone will know what hit them when they get to Heaven's Gates.

Atom Smasher = Rubbish

They reckon that it could cause fusion? Fusion only happens in stars at very high temperatures, the earth will melt if we ever did create fusion because most of it can't withstand heat.

And also, the magnetic field has nothing to do with ultraviolet light. Light is a wave and the magnetic field has nothing to do with the ozone layer that protects us from UV because ozone does not conduct electricity, electricity doesn't pass through ozone so that is never going to happen. Thew only thing that will happen is that compasses and other devices that need the magnetic field won't work properly.

The super volcano if ever happens will only destroy a part of North America, the smoke will surround around our planet yes, its temporary because the sun's rays will break through it and dissipate the smoke, it'll just make the earth hotter through the Greenhouse effect, it could make us colder by preventing the rays from coming from the Sun to Earth so no heat will come through.

I think I've answered most of these questions. :)

Most of your points are fine lol but one nuclear fussion has already happened. The JET is the latest powerstation experiment that nearly built and hydrogen bombs work by fusion.

Secound light is a very debatable (wow how sad did that sound ;) ). There are two theorys with light with albert einstein proposing lights are particles called photon's. The amount of energy in these particles corisponds with what colour it is.

And a super volcano won't do much good for the worlds crops so who knows with that one.

Captain you are defintly an idiot. That video is BS not the Bible. All those phrases that the video maker said it was from the bible is all messed up. Nothing of that is true. If you want to know what the bible says about ppl and things you should read THE BIBLE and not watch some stupid video from a satanist.

Noone ever said that the Bible came from the Sky, it was writen by men but were writen by men chosen by God. You dunno anything about the bible and God so shut up and stop posting noob videos. >:l

That really offended me, not my religion but me. (no Im not catholic)

Balto, I apologise, please forgive me. That's just one of the things about freedom of speech: I may not agree with what you are saying but I will die for your right to say it... ;)

Personally, I feel it is important to question everything, everywhere, especially politics, the BBC and even religion, and, yes, I have read the Bible and I must say I find some passages of it repulsive.

But of course, all of this is just my opinion. :whistling:

This video is the most interesting youtube video I've seen.

I'd have to agree there. I wonder how much of that information will be fnord...

The recently deceased George Carlin has this to say about the state of education, not just in America but I would say in Britain too.

*Note: Carlin enjoys swearing and using explicit imagery.*

100 posts!! :bananasplit:

Ahh the dear and recently departed George Carlin ... always Rufus in my mind ... Party On!

As to this topic ... well based on Nostradamus and others the world should have already ended a few times over.

As to 'big' events here's a few we are over due or are predicted to happen that 'could' effect some of all of us ... but 'shouldn't' ALL be E.L.E.s (Extinction Level Events ... to quote "Deep Impact")

1. San Fransisco Earthquake - the San Andreas fault is well over due a rumble

2. Istanbul Earthquake - in recent years a series of earthquakes have gone through Turkey (along another major fault line) the next one is predicted to be in the sea just off Istanbul - tsunami anyone?

3. Gulf Stream dies - used in "Day After Tomorrow" yes they are really worried that one day it will die ... Europe Freezes!

4. Yellowstone Park Supervolcano - as mentioned in the first post and the TV miniseries "Supervolcano" ... yes they 'think' at some point it could blow ... but then it hasn't in the history of Humans as far as I know so we might all be gone by then

5. Large Lump of Rock from space makes a nasty dent - well although we look out to space for stuff trying to find a big dark rock in the darkness of space with space being the size of space is pretty difficult ... and at some point theoretically another lump of rock big enough could hit us ... that would most probably be goodbye!

6. scientists having too much fun ... yeah heard about the LHC at CERN ... I don't think it should be a problem ... but then has anyone ever watched "Not with a Bang"

Balto, I apologise, please forgive me. That's just one of the things about freedom of speech: I may not agree with what you are saying but I will die for your right to say it... ;)

Personally, I feel it is important to question everything, everywhere, especially politics, the BBC and even religion, and, yes, I have read the Bible and I must say I find some passages of it repulsive.

But of course, all of this is just my opinion. :whistling:

Fine, apology accepted. But next time be careful on which video you're gonna post ok? They can be funny to some but really offensive to others.

PEACE!