We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Series 11

eleKtro

Guest RB26DETT

just watched it on surfthechannel. :D

tbh, i used to think the GTR was pretty ugly especially the front. but, when i saw it in black in that episode, I WANT ONE BADLY!

is London really like that in the big luxury saloon segment? it doesn't look like a city i would want to live in. HORN FIGHT FTW!

star in a reasonably priced car = fast forwarded it. zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

i want the daihatsu thing jeremy drove. the engine sounds nice. :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is London really like that in the big luxury saloon segment? it doesn't look like a city i would want to live in. HORN FIGHT FTW!

Yeah the city of London, really is like that. Its a great place to visit. Just don't go in a car, unless you have plenty of time to spare.

I was there last week and saw about 15 Porsche's, 5 Bently Conti GT's an and I even paid a visit to the Lambo showroom, but wasn't allowed in. This was Gallardo Super' was outside though. There was a couple of LP640 inside that i couldn't get close too.

London is great, second best city in England... after Bristol

What a great show.

I loved that they flew in, in Spitfires. LOL

Did anyone else notice the posh German shout Aschlock? There'll be complaints about that one. :P

JayKay came across as a bit of a chimp tonight, his interview was rubbish imo.

The doubledecker racing was so awesome, and whole Germany versus Britain thing was a great watchingand didn't even seem to staged either. I couldn't believe how much of a Stig wannabe that Tim guy is

It was quite good, the race at the end with 'James' was brilliant but why oh why if it's Britain vs Germany did the car plates at the start say England. That pissed me right off as I'm sure it did many others not in England ie the rest of Britain.

The EBC shows it's true colours again.

On a positive note good to see it will be back in the Autumn so a 2-3 month wait by the look of it.

And Tim Schrick is one hell of a driver, just watch him thrashing a Carrera GT round some mountain roads, it was probably staged btw as the 9ff is clearly seen braking before the end of the drag race.

Labelled as Drifting by some moron, it's clearly powersliding

HQ version

The Mitsuokas are quite...different cars. I hate the look of them, but a pretty good review from May, but I still don't get why he likes them. Weird man.

The Gumpert Apollo I think is a great looking car, and appears to be an excellent drive too. A decent review with some damn good filming. Just adding to the excellence of the show came with a new lap time. And good to see Hammond doing a review at last. That thing is damn quick. Big kudos to Gumpert for that car; I want one.

The Furai had a painfully short airing, but still an amazing looking car. Shame they couldn't drive it.

The news was funny, with a decent Sandaro mention. :lol: Some interesting news, but it was all dwarfed by the last two items...

SIARPC, now I don't want to hear a single person complain about this. The non-brits cannot complain that the gies was rubbish, just because they don't know who it is, and no-one can complain that the time wasn't good either. That was brilliant. Great on JK!

And finally the battle versus the Germans. A truly epic way to arrive in the Spitfires there, representing Britain as should be! :lol: Great cars to arrive in too. The first challenge, was a damn good piece of filming, and damn funny too. "Jeremy, my arms come off!!" A hilarious comeback from Clarkson against Sabine. The last race was the best though. Full of action, and a great ending with the Aston coming over the hill first. Nice to see 'James' winning it for us! It didn't even feel staged, which makes this series the best yet IMO.

Overall a funny and epic way to end the series. Excellent stuff. 10/10.

Can someone explain the way the lap is worked out, the way it was always described was you do your practice then you do your lap and that's YOUR time but the way JC did JK's was he took the best of his 9 practice laps. So do they actually just pick the best lap or is it the way they have always said it was and you get your practice and then you do your lap and regardless of what happens as long as you finish that's your time.

That confused me.

Can someone explain the way the lap is worked out, the way it was always described was you do your practice then you do your lap and that's YOUR time but the way JC did JK's was he took the best of his 9 practice laps. So do they actually just pick the best lap or is it the way they have always said it was and you get your practice and then you do your lap and regardless of what happens as long as you finish that's your time.

That confused me.

I remember when they first got the new Chevvy and they said that guests would have practice laps and then be given a hotlap in which to set their time.

Seems last night they went back to the original way, just for JayKay.

@Speedtouch: SIARPC?

Epic, just epic! :lol: I think too that the Gumpert is a great looking car and a new record lap time! Simon Cowel (or how his name was) got pwnd by JK :P SUper b Race at the finish - want to congrat James :D And my best part was when Hammond won and then went celebrating with the German :lol: :lol:

btw, what is with that joke at the end :? WE1 :?