We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

lft4ded is trying to catch up...

lft4ded

Hullo, new here though I've lurked for several months and wound up registering to see the pics about the location of the TDU Police Department after spending some time there after a surprise $200K+ fine. :lol:

PC gamer all the way though. I first got into PC Driving games the XMas of NFS3 - I chose it based on friends telling me it was better than the TD of its time and that it was closer to what I was looking for than the Twisted Metal game.

I loved it and stuck with them through NFS4,5, & 6. After the previous 3 games NFS6:HP2 disappointed me horribly with 'missing' features (it was so long ago so I can't recall them all but Hot Action Cop wasn't one of them :cheeky:). NFS:MC wasn't really my cup of tea at the time so I decided to jump the fence and see what I was missing with TD(2002).

I loved the game, its grafted on storyline, and played holy heck out it. If memory serves this game even musically surpassed NFS6 as it introduced me to my favorite band-to-date of Saliva by featuring 'Lackluster' in its intro. It really set the mood for me and drove me on. NPI

But all good things come to an end. Not carrying for NFS:U or NFS:U2 I eventually vaulted back over the fence for NFS:MW and NFS:C. Finally though NFS:PS didn't look like a game that would appeal to me so I sat it out.

When I heard of TD:U though I knew that my waiting wouldn't be in vain. I love this game though and don't regret buying it or the Megapack despite the fact that I've only been able to play offline. This I'm in for the long haul. If only Donald Clark or Dennis Black could see me now, could see how much their organization has grown! (Hmmm, maybe he's behind the Millionaire's Challenge)

I only wish there was an always on (like timeshift on a DVR) replay recorder and of course that replay's could be saved. What else is the point of building stronger and stronger PCs?

I split my current gaming time between TD:U and TMU:F (though I want to finish XIII). I drive TD:U using my trusted Wingman Formula Force GP which lately will not calibrate to center (always off to the left a bit) so perhaps it is getting close to time for a change (went InterAct V3 -> V4 which didn't have WinXP drivers -> Logitech). I use my Reflex Thrustmaster for TMU:F.

Currently connecting with tethered cell phone though hopefully cable is just 1 month away.

Oh, my user name is an abbreviated Left for Dead. On one of the S-10 boards I used to frequent someone thought it a form of 'lifted'.

Cheers!

-the Desert Moon

If balto is added to the recipe for cookies all problems will soon be solved though, right?

R8CCXVeyron

Yeah, after I played through...it may have been the Muscle campaign in Carbon I was kind of dissappointed about the lack of replayability for some races and I went back to Most Wanted for a while...