We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV PC Discussion

Guest RB26DETT

bump

System Requirements, not much detail on which GPU and how fast the CPU speed has to be. DAMN 18GB OF HDD SPACE!

Source

They took those system requirements away from the Games for Windows site so maybe they'll come back in more detail later. And that 18GB, I think it's just when you install it. Installed it would take less space.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it for the PS3, got bored veery quickly. the hype that was there from the beginning just vanished. also the number of people online started to drain after just a month, so no, i wont get it for the pc. They make the multiplayer look soooo much fun, i agree, but playing it get boring to say at least.

It's just awesome. But i played it with a friend on his ps3 and damm... gta and a controller it takes away all the fun. With mouse and keyboard it plays a lot better (my opinion). But i cant wait for it :D

SLRRR

• 1 month later...

The PC version could be the best version of GTAIV.

What's the cost, more waiting and lots of cash on a new system.

Two week delay: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/28/retail-listings-indicate-grand-theft-auto-iv-pc-delay/

New system requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz

Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)

18 GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

They are very high much more than any other PC game including Crysis.

Is it worth it? Find out here: http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/grand-theft-auto-iv/preview/grand-theft-auto-iv-is-the-pc-version-the-best/a-200810301323482004/g-2008080416222952067

I agree with scaleop. They had it confirmed that they were making it for so long without trailers or screenshots the hype went VERY over the top, and as soon as I saw the first trailer I knew the hype wasn't worth it. I also got bored very quickly, to the extent where I didn't even finish the game, which isn't like me because i've 100% completed GTA:SA twice with no cheats on PS2 and I think 4 times with no cheats on PC (except some car mods) and completed the story on Xbox and the other consoles a good few times.

What about XP SP requirement? is it SP2 or SP3?? I don't wanna that thing on my PC if I don't really have to. I hate new packs they always cause troubles...:ill:

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Those specs are way to high. A quad core for GTA ? Come'on i just saw it on other sites. 2.5 GB for vista :confused: wtf who has 2.5 GB ram ? everyone has 2 or 3 or 4 but 2.5 ? Fast 2 GB ram will be good enough i think for vista

Most people say its a crappy port from the console to pc, because TDU (port asswel) has also a huge city/island but the specs are lower. Well i hope my 8600 GT can do it on high, but there will probably alot off performance tweaks just like VC & SA and a lot off mods offcourse.

Those specs are way to high. A quad core for GTA ? Come'on i just saw it on other sites. 2.5 GB for vista :confused: wtf who has 2.5 GB ram ? everyone has 2 or 3 or 4 but 2.5 ? Fast 2 GB ram will be good enough i think for vista

Most people say its a crappy port from the console to pc, because TDU (port asswel) has also a huge city/island but the specs are lower. Well i hope my 8600 GT can do it on high, but there will probably alot off performance tweaks just like VC & SA and a lot off mods offcourse.

We are all going to have to hope this part helps us:

It’s good to keep in mind that the PC version will allow you to adjust sliders for all kinds of visual settings to improve performance and frame rates. Rockstar let us turn down all the settings to give us an idea of what GTA IV might like on a less-than-stellar rig. Even with all the details, traffic levels, and effects turn down, the game still looked decent.

We are all going to have to hope this part helps us:

I hope so. But with SA (yes i know it looks rubbish) i didn't saw the difference between low or very high.

I have to say this is the only site were we dont have fan boys (consoles) flaming on the pc. On other (game)sites are people flaming etc....

I have to say this is the only site were we dont have fan boys (consoles) flaming on the pc. On other (game)sites are people flaming etc....

It's because we all love one thing: Music, Games, Cars, Guns and Chicks. :D

On any platform even in the big old outside. :D

A bit O/T but why does no one like installing SP's unless a game requires it??

I like it :) i dont know why nobody installs it, it are just a lot off updates. And vista gets faster because if you have SP1 (they say i dont know :p)

It's because we all love one thing: Music, Games, Cars, Guns and Chicks.

On any platform even in the big old outside.

okey now i get it :D

Will my Dual Opteron 2.4s run it at 60fps anyone think? Need to go for new processors soon, thinking of Quad Opteron 3.6s, but need an excuse for it :D. Was thinking of going for 32GB DDR3 Ram but I doubt i'll need that in the near future.

I though the max with those new motherboards was 16 GB DDR3.

Why dont you wait for the new intel core i7 processors ? They are a lot faster than the Quad but you need a new motherboard for that i though.

I though the max with those new motherboards was 16 GB DDR3.

Why dont you wait for the new intel core i7 processors ? They are a lot faster than the Quad but you need a new motherboard for that i though.

The Nehalems only support DDR3 on the new X58 chipset, which basically means most of what you have got now would be binned.

Drift them chips are ment for servers ain't they??

The Nehalems only support DDR3 on the new X58 chipset, which basically means most of what you have got now would be binned.

Drift them chips are ment for servers ain't they??

oh.. thats true forgot that :o

Drif them chips what do you mean with that ?