We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV PC Discussion

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isnt san andreas xD ( SAMP has got servers for 200 players)

maybe max 20 or 50 players, or like PS3 and Xbox360 ( i dont know how much people can enter in a server for ps3 or xbox)

Really good news for people who has got simple core:

GTA4 with 1 core is enought, people played it with dual core, and the game only uses 1 core not both ^^

where i read that? here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=378911

You need a 22nd century PC to run it on max.

It was the same for GTA3 that ran slow on my old 333Mhz.

This is the answer from Rockstar to explain the peformance options.

THE GRAPHIC SETTINGS OF GRAND THEFT AUTO IV PC

Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available.

Graphics settings are limited by system resources by default. 256MB video cards force minimum settings by default. If a user bypasses these safety measures using command line arguments and exceeds their system resources, the users gaming experience may be compromised.

Video Mode

Resolution scaling effects water, reflections, shadows, mirrors and the visible viewable distance. The resolution settings relate to the amount of available video memory. At 2560*1600 the game will require 320MB of video memory in addition to all the memory required for content. At 800*600 the game will require 32MB of video memory in addition to the content. Medium resolution settings are recommended for most users as higher settings are only usable if there is available video memory.

Texture Quality

Texture quality affects the visual quality of the content of the game. High setting for textures will require 600MB of video memory at a setting of 21 View Distance in addition to the memory taken by the Video Mode. A medium texture setting is recommended for most users.

Render Quality

Render quality is the texture filter quality used on most things in the world rendering. Most people would know this as anisotropic filtering. Medium settings are recommended for most users and will provide filtering beyond what the console versions can execute.

View Distance

View distance scales the distance in which different objects in the world such as building and cars are seen. Raising this option increases the distance in which high quality objects must be loaded and will increase the memory it requires. Restrictions are established to ensure the game runs optimally for most users. A setting of 22 or more will provide PC users an enhanced experience over the console versions.

Detail Distance

Detail distance scales aspects of the environment that the View Distance setting does not including vegetation, trash and other moveable objects. A setting of 10 would be the equivalent to the performance on a console. This setting has little effect on memory.

Vehicle Density

Vehicle density scales the traffic density of the traffic in the game. It has no effect on the mission vehicles or difficultly of the game, but can have a significant impact on CPU performance

Shadow Density

Shadow Density controls the number of shadows generated for positional lights in exterior environments. These shadows are exclusive to the PC version and can have a major impact on CPU and GPU performance.

Crossfire/SLI

With the latest ATI driver (8-11 series) the game supports crossfire modes (ie. 4870x2)

SLI is currently unsupported. Support will be added through a future game patch as well as an updated Nvidia driver.

NOTE: Background Processes

Certain background processes can have a detrimental effect on system performance when playing GTA IV, especially on systems with minimum required system memory. Users should ensure they disable their Virus scans (especially “on-access” type scans) when running the game to maximize performance.

Command lines to tweak the game.

Tools:

-benchmark: Runs the benchmark tool and immediately exits game.

-help: Display list of all command line options

Graphics:

-renderquality: Set the render quality of the game. (0-4)

-shadowdensity: Set the shadow density of the game. (0-16)

-texturequality: Set the texture quality of the game. (0-2)

-viewdistance: Set the view distance of the game (0-99)

-detailquality: Set the detail quality of the game. (0-99)

-novblank: Disable wait for vblank (No Vsync)

-norestrictions: Do not limit graphics settings

-width: Set width of main render window (default is 800)

-height: Set height of main render window (default is 600)

-safemode: Run the graphics in the lowest setting possible

-frameLimit: Limit frame to interval of refresh rate

(ex If refreshrate is 60HZ –frameLimit 1 = Locks down to 60HZ)

-refreshrate: Set the refresh rate of main render window

– Warning - Monitor must support (ex. –refreshrate 60)

-fullscreen: Force fullscreen mode

-windowed: Force windowed mode

-availablevidmem: Set amount of physical Video Memory(ex. –availablevidmem 0.9)

-percentvidmem: Percentage of video memory to make available to GTA

Audio:

-fullspecaudio: Force high-end CPU audio footprint

-minspecaudio: Force low-end CPU audio footprint

System:

-noprecache: Disable precache of resources

-nomemrestrict: Disable memory restrictions

This is what PC gaming is all about: top game = OMG I need a new PC. :p

I got good graphics by ignoring everything in-game except the resolution, then set my Nvidia control panel to over-ride the application settings. I have AA in GTA IV now!

Love the detail in this game, seriously. The car radio blips when your phone goes off, and the car damage is so much fun! I took a rancher off road earlier, smashed it to pieces, when I stood beside it I could hear the radiator hissing! It's fun to hear your own music playing from inside the car when you stand beside it too. :D

GFWL Is Retarded.

GFWL is retarded. Seriously.

I have linked my Rockstar Social Club and GFWL profiles. I try to sign into GFWL and it says I need to accept their new terms of use. Ok, so I click the button to view the terms of use so I can say I accept them. But, alas, the page is down.

All I need to do to play GTA IV online is to press a button which does not exist right now.

Why did Rockstar get Microsoft involved? WHY?! :mad:

The car radio blips when your phone goes off,

When that first happened and reached for my phone and immediately went 'WTF?!' The realised I had an in-game call :D

Gunna try and tweak my AA tonight. And possibly the draw distance. I have a feeling I will have to be using that commandline thingy they put in ...

Really good news for people who has got simple core:

GTA4 with 1 core is enought, people played it with dual core, and the game only uses 1 core not both ^^

where i read that? here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=378911

It runs better with Dual & Quad.

I have to play this on 800x600 :-x (thanks to the optimized engine)

Why didn't they delaided this ? It has a lot off bugs, SLI doesn't work, crappy port (crysis runs better)

Its really overhyped, i'm very dissapointed :sulk:

Another unfinished game just like: NFS Undercover, Tomb Raider Underworld

Far Cry 2 was the best release, although the AI is sometimes stupid

I've just updated DirectX and I'm downloading the newest drivers for my GFX card. Apparently the newest drivers have a 'significant' effect on framerate in GTA IV. Here's hoping...

Have a couple of screens I took:

OFF ROAD!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z245/matt88sco/GTA%20IV/01.jpg

Nice View.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z245/matt88sco/GTA%20IV/02.jpg