We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Talk

Tool831

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I wouldn't call me a coder...I was during the dotcom boom, but now I'm just someone who codes when he's bored (Like I can fly a plane, but I'm not a pilot) :P I am fluent (but rusty) in C/C++ and I think I'm still on top of C# with .NET, though doing anything with Mono/Linux anymore may be a bit beyond me, but I simply don't have the time to do a whole heap with TDU.

From Perth, eh Tool? I have a little computer shop in Fremantle that I visit on a fortnightly basis or so. Perth has to be one of the nicest cities in the world, nothing like leaning over the edge of the Bell Tower's balcony, taking in the river.

modding possibilities seem to be huge for now

I was actually surprised how big it was - after working with Flight Simulator and Wii Homebrew, TDU seemed...restrictive, in a sense I suppose it is, but you are making extremely good headway with your tools. Every community needs someone to worship for their sheer nerdiness (:p), and I think you, Tool and a few others are filling that gap nicely for TDU:C, ya keep taking it to new levels, which is brilliant.

Also, performance data is stored into encrypted side of database

A pity, I just looked around the program files then and what files would they be stored in? The btrqs?

Cheers guys, keep up your good work.

From Perth, eh Tool? I have a little computer shop in Fremantle that I visit on a fortnightly basis or so. Perth has to be one of the nicest cities in the world, nothing like leaning over the edge of the Bell Tower's balcony, taking in the river.

Computer shop hey? :cheeky: Looking for workers? Just kidding. I dont really enjoy perth imo, but im not in the heart of perth with all the nice buildings and porsches etc.

Anyways back on topic, nice to have a coder well who does it in his spare time i believe? :)

Typically kind of complex operation. But it's possible.. not now, as tools are not ready for that. It'll be easier in the future (probably for TDUMT 1.10). Though I can do it manually, like I did for the G500.

Also, you have to know that car brand and dealer can be absolutely unlinked to each other. I can put Saleens in a Jaguar dealer if I like.

A pity' date=' I just looked around the program files then and what files would they be stored in? The btrqs?[/quote']Files in DB.BNK mostly; btrq ones are unclear still, but that's probably engine torque (or power) curve. And it's not friendly to read. Moreover I don't have the time to understand what values exactly mean in it.

What do you mean by unlinked, do you mean that they have to not look the same(example: All GM Cars use the same building style)?

and can you move Classic cars such as the 300SL to the Dodge Charger shop?

Edit: Oh and 1.10 = 2.0 right?

No, unlinked = you are allowed to put any vehicle in any dealer without restrictions.

It should work with classics too, yet I haven't tested it.

And no, 1.10 is 1.10 :cheeky:

2.0 (if any) would be a heavy re-build.

Ok guys modders, got a question..

Well, I never really paid attention, but as Reaper released his Skyline now I do... Let's talk about car's WINDOWS. The thing is that all mods released ever since lack this particular feature - perfect windows, and by perfect windows I mean windows which are like the ones on stock cars.

All new mod by Tool, Reaper, Grin and other have their windows white-ish/bright-ish... let's take Reaper's Skyline mod. It's really awesome! At first I thought it's perfect.. but after few minutes I've changed my mind - it is not. It's perfect in 99% :(

Is then any chance you guys will figure out how to improve that? If so, will any of you bother to redo the released mods?

Or maybe Djey have any secret "weapon" which can improve that? :D

Is then any chance you guys will figure out how to improve that? If so, will any of you bother to redo the released mods?

Windows work by texture. However i wouldn't just try changing glass textures on mods as modders don't allow texture changes even if its a stock glass. Just so you know modders reuse the glass texture without changes so its really TDU's fault for exporting it different then it should be really but i believe it is fixable if i look into it for my mods and if reaper looks into it aswell it can be fixed.

Up after some time, as I think it's the best place to do it.

Working recently on new facts about TDU Modding, here is potential advancements for the future.

That's still in alpha work and need tools to be used easily and safely.

Djey , its very good idea to do something like that. & now we have more FWD cars in game... & im would make more FWD cars for TDU...

Tnx Djey! keep workin on it! That necessary modification for our game & we all waiting for it:thumbsup:

Not before 3-4 weeks anyway. Next version has already improvements, I can't include such subjects at the moment.

Moreover, I know how to enable this next features, yet I have to make it easy to use for everyone. And that requires a lot of additional work.

great! :thumbsup:

Since June 3, I go on holiday with my wife & daughter for one month and when I will return all will be ready! ....so, I am missing for one month ;)

You've got a wife? :O and a daughter? :O wow! how old are you then? :D

@ Tool, you still working on Lambo-Diablo?

im convert it in game... but the model is very bad (lowpoly some details of exerior & interior)

thats my progress in game:

fb215453ff0d.jpg

3269846d7cd6.jpg

e1bd3d0e1a33.jpg

Tool, will you working on it ? or I continue my convert in game ? :)

@ Tool, you still working on Lambo-Diablo?

im convert it in game... but the model is very bad (lowpoly some details of exerior & interior)

thats my progress in game

Tool, will you working on it ? or I continue my convert in game ? :)

Tool said he is not working on it anymore. I say go for it, there are 2 Supra mods in TDU made by different people so why not the Diablo?

I agree, the XJ220 is a perfect car for the Lamborghini Diablo.

will the pop-up lights work though?

Great news for diablo lovers. Personally, I feel jealous over Xbox owners and their Diablo GT.

Moreover, I never use the XJ220 because I don't like its appareance. As a Lambo it would be perfect to me. In a few weeks it will be possible to totally change car brand, so I'll take my revenge :twisted: