We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831 & T3hReaper: Car Projects Thread

T3hReaper91

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I activated that japan showroom which had the bubble image already there when activated.. :D So i still can't find it..

damnit! they have to be in the 2dm files, no way of checking them, have you? the search continues in the meantime. dare i ask how you activated the dealership? i'd love to activate or switch some around if possible. don't know how i'd switch the cars from on to another though

Switching Showrooms.

If you switch showrooms around the main building doesn't change only cars swap around... So you would have to retexture the showrooms to suit the cars you have swapped over. So its nothing exciting really.

=---------------------------=

Ill tell you how to do it.

1: Open 'DB_US' or another language you use.

2: Extract 'TDU_CarShops'

3: Open with Notepad or another type of writing program that can open '.TXT'

4: Find the showroom you want to swap so head here:

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=4128 this is the list of what files are showrooms etc.

5: Switch the writing only! Not the code otherwise game will crash.

6: Once you swap the writing you got to make sure you do NOT have 2 showrooms the same. Otherwise game will crash or just not swap them over, best way to avoid this is just switch codes over. So copy the writing your going to replace over the one your putting onto that one. (If you understand what i mean?)

7: Save..

8: Import..

---------

Note: The bubble image doesn't swap, nor does the building swap over. This only moves the cars! So everything is just the same just that cars are in a new showroom.

----------------------------

Still clueless?? Example:

{ECD_15A_7830} << Thats a ferarri showroom in 'TDU_CarShops'

{ECD_8F_3655} << Thats a Alfa Romeo Showroom

If I put the Alfa Writing (AS Seen) onto the Ferrari showroom code it will crash! You need to put Ferrari onto Alfa Romeo and Alfa Romeo onto Ferrari to make it work.

Edit: You can also blank out the writing on a showroom to make it locked...

---

This is still being worked out cause their might be a better way (But im on mod holidays) so i think 'Djey' is working out how the files do it without switching one to another etc. ;) If anything new from 'Djey' etc ill post up.

aaah okay i think i follow. soon as i finish some projects for work i'll give it a go. just curious about the locked shops, did you enable japan imports as a standalone or was it a swap with an existing shop?

also is there a file somewhere that allocates specific cars to specific shops? i just wonder because of the one koenigsegg which appears in two separate dealerships and whether i could swap the one in oahu cars with another car. for example(just of the top of my head) having another maserati mc12 in oahu cars instead of the koenigsegg and in addition to the one at the ferrari dealership.

sorry bout all the questions just trying to learn and perhaps i can help later on. i've been busy with work so haven't done anything lately, but depending on the cars in your release, i'll convert the pontiac dealership to something else and would like to create better looking signs for independent, import and oahu dealerships(and hope i figure out the bubbles)

You cannot enable japan import as a standalone.. I swapped Lexus to Japan imports to get it working. But you can do it with any dealer so Nissan in japan imports.You cannot separate cars for example: F430 to the Lamborghini dealership.. Its not possible.

----------

Ah yes the decals.. Interesting story about that.. :D They are the standard Super bee decal, its soo huge on the model i could do the General lee.. Reason i am showing the side is the front is missing and the rear due to file size being a bum head but meh ill fix it later.

A modder can never really take a full break, can he, even if he is "supposedly on a break". I haven't been in this thread for donkeys and have just looked through it and I must say that you have been busy.

Busier than I thought you had been and you have definitly produced or are gonna produce some tremendous mods in the weeks which follow ;)

Hehe thanks -------------------------- [COLOR=Cyan] @Iced_Bullet:[/COLOR] Do i hear water droplets! :rofl: Or Iced droplets.. Enjoy it buddy! :D [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011013926.jpg[/url] [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011014106.jpg[/url] [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011014148.jpg[/url] [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011014254.jpg[/url]

Im hoping i can get a car released soon. :D I am mostly looking at doing the Evo then the Subaru maybe.

Edit: Just relised i haven't saved the interior view on the evo :( But nothing that can't be fixed anyway.

=--------------------------------------------------=

Here is my version of the skyline, similar to basbas's but not the same at all really. :D You guys wouldn't noticed it cause its to do within the modeling. (No i haven't used a new skyline model)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011133152.jpg

I could release this but im not too sure, cause i mainly don't want people saying "Basbas is better" or "Tools is better " comparing models etc.. Like in my sig. '-Modding is for fun, Not war. :cheeky:'

-

Edit: Actually there is something different which you might notice.. Besides the exhaust..

=-------------------------------------------=

Ahh!! Dammit! :(:( Damn 'Out of Memory' error on the EVO .. I made backups and even they are corrupted.. :confused: So i have to start all over again.

Im hoping i can get a car released soon. :D I am mostly looking at doing the Evo then the Subaru maybe.

Edit: Just relised i haven't saved the interior view on the evo :( But nothing that can't be fixed anyway.

=--------------------------------------------------=

Here is my version of the skyline, similar to basbas's but not the same at all really. :D You guys wouldn't noticed it cause its to do within the modeling. (No i haven't used a new skyline model)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/20081011133152.jpg

I could release this but im not too sure, cause i mainly don't want people saying "Basbas is better" or "Tools is better " comparing models etc.. Like in my sig. '-Modding is for fun, Not war. :cheeky:'

-

Edit: Actually there is something different which you might notice.. Besides the exhaust..

=-------------------------------------------=

Ahh!! Dammit! :(:( Damn 'Out of Memory' error on the EVO .. I made backups and even they are corrupted.. :confused: So i have to start all over again.

new rear window wiper?

Diffuser? i don't even know what that is... haha! :D Anyways i removed that black extra body part underneath the rear bumper. Its thats what a diffuser is called then you have it correct. :)

wow, the EVO looks so fantastic, simply well. I can hardly expect it that he becomes released!

Ah? Are you saying i wont release this Evo? Cause i will be cause Iced_Bullet loves it as i could tell by his PM's.