We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CarlosVega: Virgin Megastore

CarlosVega

CarlosVega: Virgin Megastore [v1.0]

Virgin Megastore Mod

Description

This mod turns the supermarkets into Virgin Megastores.

Creator

CarlosVega

Download link

TDU_Virgin_Megastore_v1.0.zip

Changes made

• Turned the brownish color of the building into a soft blue
  • Turned several bulding parts into Virgin red
  • Replaced the sign "Market" by "Virgin Megastore"
  • Replaced the poster (?) on the lower right by an original Oahu nightclub flyer

Mod's "Side Effects"

Some textures from the mod's files are not only used by the markets, but also by a few other buildings (warehouses in industrial areas). This behavior is not really caused by the mod. The game simply uses certain textures for several types of bulding.

However, the affected buildings are not screwed up. They simply look different (more colorful).

Market locations

As far as i could observe, there are two markets on the island (bookmarks are included in the readme.txt). If you know additional locations, please post them in this thread.

Further information

For further information and installation instructions, please see the readme.txt contained in the ZIP archive.

Images

Virgin_Megastore_1_thumb.jpg Virgin_Megastore_2_thumb.jpg

Hope you like it. Enjoy!

Well, i've never seen a Virgin Megastore in reality. There are non around here where i live. Didn't know that they are an endangered species. As i had actually no better idea what kind of store to create, a Virgin Megastore seemed OK.

Anyway, now that i have figured out how the textures in that darned file are mapped to the several parts of the building (which was the most time consuming part) it should be more or less easy to create other stores. Any suggestions?

Oh, and don't ask for Wal Mart. That one is out of the question. ;)

Some nice suggestions - thanks to everyone. Ikea and Halfords seem to make the most sense. Ikea as it is internationally known (of all the suggested stores it's the only one i know), and Halfords due to the relation to the game content.

I guess i'm gonna mod them. But not immediately, don't have enough time at the moment. It will have to wait a few days.

Again, thanks! :)