We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My mom's vehicle

gingervette

Hope it's ok that I started a different thread for this car, if it's not, then I will take my stuff out of this one and put it in the thread with my car...

Anyhow, this is my mom's 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ...

ou19bm.jpg

White Diamond tricoat paint with Cashmere (beige) interior. 5.3 liter engine with 320 hp and 340 lb.ft. torque. It's got special order wheels, power-deploy running boards, navigation system, rear view camera, and a view other cool things that keep my mom from running iy into things lol :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Credit crunch? What credit crunch? Lol.

Bloody typical, a huge pointless SUV with a 5.0L+ engine and chrome wheels.

Do you use that to tow anything? Or go off-road? Those tahoes struggle on wet grass for crying out loud.

This kind of thing just offends me. Why do people drive around in these things when they DON'T NEED THEM?!

Tell her to get something more suited to what she needs.

Sorry if I sound like I'm flaming, but I'm in the 3rd year of a degree in Sustainable Environmental Management, and every time I get in my car I see god knows how many stupid 4x4s with huge chrome wheels driving around Aberdeen, and they're usually driven extremely badly...

Again, these vehicles are totally pointless. The only 4x4s that should be produced are the basic models with hose-down interiors, for farmers and public authorities to use. They're the only people who need them. My dad has a LR Discovery. Yes, it has a large engine (by UK standards) a 2.5 turbo diesel. But it also has a bloody great towbar on the back and a liberal coating of mud. Why? Because he's a farmer! He uses it for its intended purpose!

Do you use that to tow anything? Or go off-road? Those tahoes struggle on wet grass for crying out loud.

This kind of thing just offends me. Why do people drive around in these things when they DON'T NEED THEM?!

Sorry if I sound like I'm flaming, but I'm in the 3rd year of a degree in Sustainable Environmental Management, and every time I get in my car I see god knows how many stupid 4x4s with huge chrome wheels driving around Aberdeen, and they're usually driven extremely badly...

Again, these vehicles are totally pointless. The only 4x4s that should be produced are the basic models with hose-down interiors, for farmers and public authorities to use. They're the only people who need them. My dad has a LR Discovery. Yes, it has a large engine (by UK standards) a 2.5 turbo diesel. But it also has a bloody great towbar on the back and a liberal coating of mud. Why? Because he's a farmer! He uses it for its intended purpose!

aight calm down kido

3rd year degree in sustainable environmental management but you still play TDU which consists of cars, i know what your thinking TDU is just a Video game but if u play TDU u must like cars and cars seem to pollute the environment so really your kinda going againest yourself BTW nice Tahoe Redvette i have a 2007 Tahoe in Navy Blue

I can definately add this to my list of most pointless posts.

What is your problem? I am sorry that my mother's vehicle is not the one that you want her to have but if you want another one for her then you can feel free to buy her one. What if a person simply likes SUVs? There are very few people in this world that buy an SUV simply for towing and/or hauling purposes. Honestly I think you need to get a life if the only thing you can find to do with your time is tell other people how pointless their vehicles are. And whats worse, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The point of "Showroom" is to let people post pics and info about their vehicles. I see nothing in the description relating to crucifying people about what they drive.

Get a life!

Having a huge 4x4 is all part of the quintessential American dream. That will never change.

If you're offended by how other people choose to spend their money I pity you.

Nice car Vette, looks well maintained and how I'd kill for shiny chrome in the sun! :)

Oh god a mad environmentalist!! Run!!!

maybe its your fault that everything in norway is exstremely expensive? if thats what your thinking, then i wonder why you like cars and play TDU

• 3 weeks later...

we got a chevy sliverado with a 5.3L V8 that truck got guts and i like that u shouldnt be yelling at people just because they bought something that gets bad gas mileage making a prius dose more damage than a land rover discovery for gods sake so keep yeah commets to your self.

P.S:love the SUV i've been telling my mon to get one because she whats an Suv lol

What? Are you saying that making a Toyota Prius ruins the environment more than a Land Rover or what?

The batteries are badly for the environment. And what the hell if people want a hummer they can get it and its better for the environment that the prius. Hummer ftw

Back in the 70s scientists were talking about another ice age and there was a gas crisis, now scientists are talking about global warming and once again theres another gas crisis.... global warming does exist but its not as bad as we are lead to believe... ging green is just another way for governments to take our tax dollars and in case u have not noticed the economy is doing poorly....

FOR

TRUTH

I don't care if i get called an enviromentalist, I'm proud to understand the concequences of my actions on the enviroment. 4x4 SUVs are pointless trite. Why have a car that big just to go to the shops? Does it have more seats than a cleaner alternative? Do you need to tackle any 4ft high speed humps?

About the Prius and the Jeep, yes, with the carbon footprint in manufacture of a prius, it would take 3 years to fully recoup the emissions. Basically, if you bought a prius, and a mate bought a jeep wrangler, it would take 3 years of equal mileage before you were doing better for the enviroment than the jeep driver.

But he didn't say anything about the prius, which frankly, is a farce for self important idiots.

Diesels are generally cleaner than hybrids, in manufacturing, and in emissions, the new VW Polo/Golf Bluemotions are clean enough to get into london without congestion charge. and they are simply using very refined diesel engines and streamlining technology.

oh, and before I get flamed for being enviromentalist hippie, my bike is horrible for the enviroment, 40MPG and 2 stroke, It smokes like hell, but the thing is, and this is the reason I dont mind sports cars either, is that I can realistically put the engine to use and justify the emissions, because it is fun. You can open them up on a nice road and they put a smile on your face. These SUVs are supposedly offroaders, but they are flumouxed by leaveson the road. They can't make you smile, they simply make men with tiny wangs feel important.

• 1 month later...

FOR

TRUTH

I don't care if i get called an enviromentalist, I'm proud to understand the concequences of my actions on the enviroment. 4x4 SUVs are pointless trite. Why have a car that big just to go to the shops? Does it have more seats than a cleaner alternative? Do you need to tackle any 4ft high speed humps?

About the Prius and the Jeep, yes, with the carbon footprint in manufacture of a prius, it would take 3 years to fully recoup the emissions. Basically, if you bought a prius, and a mate bought a jeep wrangler, it would take 3 years of equal mileage before you were doing better for the enviroment than the jeep driver.

But he didn't say anything about the prius, which frankly, is a farce for self important idiots.

Diesels are generally cleaner than hybrids, in manufacturing, and in emissions, the new VW Polo/Golf Bluemotions are clean enough to get into london without congestion charge. and they are simply using very refined diesel engines and streamlining technology.

oh, and before I get flamed for being enviromentalist hippie, my bike is horrible for the enviroment, 40MPG and 2 stroke, It smokes like hell, but the thing is, and this is the reason I dont mind sports cars either, is that I can realistically put the engine to use and justify the emissions, because it is fun. You can open them up on a nice road and they put a smile on your face. These SUVs are supposedly offroaders, but they are flumouxed by leaveson the road. They can't make you smile, they simply make men with tiny wangs feel important.

I kinda get what you mean but what anyone says does not change what happens. The only thing that it going to get suv's off the road is stupidly expesnive fuel or if it was found out they where made out of leopard heads.

My family have a terrible carbon footprint i'm sure, have a boat that does way under 4 mpg and a TVR that probably does 20. But they are not used much and like most other people are under the impression you pay for the fuel you should be able to use it.

SUV's are a style icon, its like why should you buy a designer jumper and ship it half way across the world when you can ware somthing your nan's knitted for you. Why should you go on holiday and fly all that way just to come back in a weeks times.