We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Customis/zation like MC:LA ?

Eudemon

Would you like this in the next TEST DRIVE?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this in the next TEST DRIVE?

• Yes, so much in fact that I could cry!
    • No, keep it clean.
    • Sort of but I'll post what I'm thinking.
    • Not sure to be honest.

Before you watch realise that this game like others that allow this can result in complete monstrosities as well as sharp and clean examples so if you want it you have to accept the good with the bad. It's all down to the player how well or wrong it will turn out. ;)

Me personally would love to see this in TDU2 or the next TEST DRIVE title as it would mean that it is in fact your car! :D

No personally. I like the supercars being the way they are on TDU. I'm not against modifying at all it just wouldn't be TDU for me if it had NFS/MC style mods.

EDIT: I voted no but it doesn't show and tells me I already voted :S

Hence why I said you have to take the good with the bad, myself would do clean modifications to the cars but it's when I look at the PC mods that are available I wish we could paint the rims, lower the car, add a wing to the Murciealgo or remove one from Diablo GT (classic 2WD look). The interior options (- neon) also make me smile especially adding sport seats and wheels and pedals.

Note in the video they showed hideous vinyls and at the end ended up with a semi-replica of the old Marlboro Evo Rally cars including the wheels! Those who would wish to keep their cars as they left the showroom would be free to do so, it just adds a bit of individuality to players, sort of like being able to choose your own number/licence plate. :cheeky:

I see where you're coming from and remember NAWWWWWWWWZZZ would hopefully not be an option! Looks like this could be an interesting poll and discussion.

Yes. But it would be a pain to see when driving, them flashing into and out of the lowpoly versions (without any modding). Not sure about vinyls. I think they shouldn't be allowed.

I'd love to lower the cars slightly, and colour the rims (without modding). Or just keep TDU2 (PC) with .bnks :p That would be good!

I've gone for sort of.

Vinyls. I'm for them so we could have rally replicas, make race teams colours for the track (if there are any in tdu 2) and have proper gumball rally style vinyls (for gumballs and long cruises). The major downside to vinyls are people who do tasteless ones, like in the thread about the Veyron in NFS.

I'm all for simple and tasteful mods to show individality like most PC modders have created for TDU. The trouble is that if this was implemented on a full scale like NFS and MC it would ruin the game, but then if they was to implement only little things like rims and number plates, etc, then the sequal for TDU 2 would progress more into the customisation world and become another NFS and Juiced.

I think the main reason I like TDU is that you get to drive cars how the manufacturer makes them, I think the only route they can go down is number plates, an alloy wheel shop. Then have the tuning shops like we have now but offer more places to tune them like they already do with the stang, i.e. Ford or Saleen, so we would get say Brabus, Roush, etc, so we get official tuned cars that (to some extent) would be tastefull and what you could see on the road in real life and none of the tuner scene stuff like NFS, and even this implement would give a bit exctra individaulity to the game.

have the tuning shops like we have now but offer more places to tune them like they already do with the stang, i.e. Ford or Saleen, so we would get say Brabus, Roush, etc, so we get official tuned cars that (to some extent) would be tastefull and what you could see on the road in real life and none of the tuner scene stuff like NFS, and even this implement would give a bit exctra individaulity to the game.

Yea, I'd go with that. A small selection of parts to choose from, from real world tuners that were actually designed for the cars rather than a whole bunch of hideous unlicensed generic bodykits like you get on NFS.

Sort of but I'll post what I'm thinking.

I voted labour, Just kidding the title is my vote . . .

i like the idea of it for certain cars, but i just have this horrible feeling when i think about adding body kits to such wonderful and expensive cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. Some cars look good with modifications, others dont. i think its great for things like Audi RS4, Golfs, and other small nippy cars. which means, i would like it for those small cars i own, but not for my precious ferrari. and i know someone will mod one.

NOTE: Download Content for Test Drive Unlimited, slows the game down because of the way the games has been designed to load and save information. So for example Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster, is in fact just a Lamborghini Murcielago. So when you view the roadster version in the showroom, you can see a brief glimsp of change as it happens during the phase that test drive unlimited changes the cars look...

If this topic was to happen as test drive unlimited is always online (in fact it ask for permission to access your internet connection more than any software ive ever seen) that means as you drive it would in theory be loading all users mods just as often. this is probably why present day TDU cars are tuned by performance packs and not user defined options.

im 50-50 on the subject for those reasons (modificated ferrari, please help them lord) and forgive them for posting a piccy of one next to tease me AMEN!!!

That's what I mean though, official kits so you would have Konig, Novitec, Gemballa, Reiter Engineering, Hamann, Edo Competition and the likes for the high end cars and the usual suspects for the more everyday models. Though more than likely Ferrari's would remain as is as they don't like their cars being done in anyway apart from how they are which is fair enough and they will probably never change from this.

I have to agree with most though that it is mainly the ability to change and colour wheels that I would have to say I would like the most in regards to customisation. Lowering the car would be sweet too as well as possibly giving the car Xeons and the option of clearcoat or smoked lenses. Nothing rice, F&F or NFS, keep it tasteful in regards to the vinyl editor, yes it would result in some bad examples but come on who wouldn't want to replicate their car or try their hand at creating some kind of livery of their own. Think of the best one in fact, make your own police cars!! lol

I have to admit the key customisation (not tuning) options I would love to see are:

* Ability to change rims, size and colour them

* Lower the car

* Officially licensed kits

* Interior options like seats, wheel and of course neon ....just kidding on that last one. :D

I'd also like to add the possibility to change the color of brake calipers, this could change the whole look of your car! And also we should be able to choose from Alcantra/Leather/whatever type of seats/steering-wheel.

Guest RB26DETT

i like the idea of customization. it brings uniqueness to a vehicle. there should be tuners like Top Secret, Jun, Amuse etc etc... for cars like the Skyline, Supra, Siliva, RX7 etc etc... There can be an option to customize your cars like the Mines Skyline or Top Secret V12 Supra or you can go NFS like autosculpt and various body kit parts.

for muscle cars, limit the customization. no anime vinyls, neons, and the like.

for exotics, very limited customization. no outrageous bodykits, no vinyls at all, and only tuning from gemballa, edo and the like.