We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

All Eyes On Slipknot.. Merry Christmas =]

BAk99

Guest RB26DETT

Slipknot isn't screamo, they're Nu-Metal (Rap Metal) Screamo are bands like Atreyu, Silverstein where the lead singers sing like they've got their nuts squashed. Well I think their nuts are squashed due to the the tight pants they were.

Like you said to each his own. I like music like this and of course other genres of metal.

Do we have to get into what is nu metal and what is not.

Nu Metal is something with Decks (witch Slipknot have and Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit) or something with Rapping bits mixed with Metal (which slipknot has, asnd linkin park and limp Bizkit and Papa Roach)or anything that was "new" and "Metal" around the period LB got chocolate starfish in the charts and went mainstream.

Slipknot is not death metal. Death Metal is early Sepaltura stuff, Napalm Death, Children of Bodom and early Fear Factory and early (demo stuff) from Cradle Of Filth.

http://theonlythingiknowforsure.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/slipknot.jpg

Lmao, are they meant to be scary?

Personal faves are the pinnochio guy and the guy at the back with a spiky head.

Never have I seen slipknot before (in pics etc), but damn, I wish I had looked sooner. Some great costumes. :lol:

...Oh and according to Wikipedia SlipKnot is "an American heavy metal band from Des Moines, Iowa, formed in 1995".

I know, Wiki is full of lies.

They formed prior to 1995 iirc and the front man, Corey, isn't the original and Jim (one of the guitarists) is from the band they poached Corey from being Stone Sour (yes they was going long before Slipknot)

Nipper in that pic the one with the nose likes to play with it erm.... hand in a certain way.... thats all I'm saying. The clown normally has blood pouring from his head (the one on the right), the one in the middle (he's on the decks) he's the one that runs about punching poeple and stage diving and when he aint on tour with slipknot is a very succesful jungle/drum n bass DJ and tours alot of the big clubs iirc

Joey the drumerr has actually got a full race spec seat with harness for when he plays his drum kit up0side down on tour

Wiki says their is 9 members, but on that (hilariously cool) picture I count 8...

I just wish I liked this band for a reason to dress up. :D

...Also, what are they wearing? Looks like a jumpsuit or something, but with a police style badging on the sleeves.

yeah, jump suits, then all the masks are made from leather and other things, the really hate wearing them, the novelty has worn off now as most are in other bands and dont wear them so we know what they look like.

THe DJ is actually missing from that pic, the middle one is the basist

heres a better pic

http://roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/artist/Slipknot

and the dj's other name is DJ Starscream

Screamo are bands like Atreyu Silverstein where the lead singers sing like they've got their nuts squashed.

TAKE THAT BACK!

Lead Sail Paper Anchor is anything but screamo, atreyu are miles above the ranks of screamo crap!

i'd go with slipknot being death metal, but i think they fit quite well under the unbrella term of steaming horse...

...you get the idea

Nipper;133187']http://theonlythingiknowforsure.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/slipknot.jpg

Lmao, are they meant to be scary?

Personal faves are the pinnochio guy and the guy at the back with a spiky head.

Never have I seen slipknot before (in pics etc), but damn, I wish I had looked sooner. Some great costumes. :lol:

...Oh and according to Wikipedia SlipKnot is "an American heavy metal band from Des Moines, Iowa, formed in 1995".

I know, Wiki is full of lies.

It truly is full of lies :P Thts their old costumes.. but they where actually released in 1995. slipknot have been in production since 1989. There not ment to be scary as such.. but the clown guy produces the entire music and he, is def the most intimidatin on stage. The pinnochio guy jacks his nose off on stage.. hilarious =D

Corey Taylor has another off shore band that was actually created before slipknot (1987) called Stone Sour.

Their music depending what you listen to is more emotional and somewhat caring than slipknots..

Altho in saying that, slipknot have some amazing acoustic songs -Vermilion Part 2 and Snuff-.

Both bands show Corey's emotion on Love [stoneSour] and Hate [slipknot].

I Agree With Nodz Tho.. There Classed as Metal and thats the argument solved :)

Guest RB26DETT

I'd class Slipknot more as Industrial Metal, and also Fear Factory is more of Industrial Metal, not Death Metal. Bands from Europe are mostly Death Metal.

EDIT: Lewis, imo Atreyu is Screamo. They sound like most of the screamo bands. *shudders*