We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MC:LA South Central DLC. now out on the 26th??!!

TimBud

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nipper;149801']Rockstar should make an update to fix the graphics getting funky?

Sooo how do you propose they upgrade _hardware_ with a software update? Hmm, go figure.

Software updates can improve graphics and performance in games. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

I am well aware of that, but software updates can only do so much. :)

Eventually games get to the point where the hardware needs to be upgraded. In this case, MCLA seems to outrun the xbox's performance. Good luck fixing that with software changes. :)

Then again, I suppose it is different between the Xbox's, as internal components have been changed over the years. Making the new 'boxes more stable.

Nipper;150100']I am well aware of that, but software updates can only do so much. :)

Eventually games get to the point where the hardware needs to be upgraded. In this case, MCLA seems to outrun the xbox's performance. Good luck fixing that with software changes. :)

Then again, I suppose it is different between the Xbox's, as internal components have been changed over the years. Making the new 'boxes more stable.

It could be really poor coding too, and yea with there being so many versions of the xbox it's easy for some to work well on some games and poorly on others.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe they release junk like the '09 Eclipse, they got all the Mitsubishi's right, we want the Supra DAMMIT!

And also instead of releasing many GM muscle's, why don't they give us some Mopar with the '69 Charger, Plymouth Barracuda, Roadrunnner, etc. or maybe even the Mercury Cougar

Yeah, MC:LA does have incar views... and they're amazing. Very well detailed, with fully working guages. Right down to the milometer/odometer. Interiors are very customisable too: seats, steering wheels, colours, neon (lol)...

At ShyGuy, the R8 is not a DLC, it is included in the game you just have to complete the driving tests to unlock it. :)

As for the release date, R* have only said that they will release in the early part of 2009 and I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was likely to be Mach time.

I do not believe it will be any time soon because of the L&D release on the 17th Feb. Also we have to remember that the Burnout paradise DLC is out soon, so i reckon they'll release to coincide with that.

• 4 weeks later...

The Midnight Club: Los Angeles – South Central downloadable content will be available on March 12th for both the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

South Central offers more streets to race in with the free South Central Map Expansion which expands Midnight Club: Los Angeles by one third, adding four new neighborhoods to make up the iconic district of South Central. The South Central Premium Upgrade is the total South Central experience for Midnight Club: Los Angeles delivering 9 new vehicles, 26 new races, 12 new battle maps, 10 new delivery missions, over 100 new red light races, new vinyl packs, new parts, new music and more all for the cost of $9.99.

The free South Central Map Expansion will ensure that every racer with either Xbox 360® or PLAYSTATION®3 copies of the game can race online against players that have the South Central Premium Upgrade.

The South Central Map Expansion features:

* Map expansion by one third

* Four new neighborhoods

* Price: FREE for both Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3

The South Central Premium Upgrade features:

* Nine new vehicles:

Luxury: 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG "Black" SUV: 2008 Range Rover Supercharged, 2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged Lowrider: 1955 Chevy Bel Air, 1963 Buick Riviera, 1964 Chevy Impala, 1965 Chevy Malibu Muscle: 1970 Chevy Chevelle, 1966 Pontiac GTO

* 26 new races

* 12 new battle maps

* 10 new delivery missions

* 100+ new red light races

* New rims

* New body kits for each new car

* New vinyl pre-sets

* Hydraulics/Airbags unlocked on all new cars

* New music

* Price: $9.99 for PLAYSTATION 3 and 800 MS points for Xbox 360

More car packs are also set to come soon, stay tuned to the official site for more details, including the debut trailer.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/news/?id=39

I hate how there are no Chrysler or even Ford Muscle :( all GM, and I'm sure everyone would have liked a '69 Charger and a '70 Hemi Cuda instead of a Riviera and '66 GTO, but if it was the '69 or '70 one I wouldn't mind.

Yeah but only one 'exotic'. There's the lowriders and muscle cars to satisfy the US market but little for the Europeans.

Undecided whether I'm going to bother with this one now:rolleyes: