We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help me, I can't do any races!

lemans23

Hey guys, I'm getting pretty damn frustrated. I bought this game and want to play it so bad, but am having numerous problems:

1. When I first tried to play the game, I get this SecuROM error that says "wrapper too old" and it says that I need to get the newest version of SecuROM. How do I do this? I will post an image of the error in the next post.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. :thumbsup:

1) Welcome to TDU Central :)

2) Dont try or attempt to use cracked .exe

3) Uninstall, game, delete all files left over, clean up the game from the registry, make sure NOTHING is left, not even the DIGITAL RIVER files.

4) After that, install it again, just the base TDU, run, wait until it tells you to update. Close, download the update from there website.

5) Install update, restart, run

6) Then after all taht, if it runs ok, then install the megapack.

I have already taken that exact approach, and I cannot even initialize the .exe whatsoever. I double click it, it dicks around for about 8-10 seconds, then eventually the error pops up. Here's exactly what it says:

"The wrapper version of SecuROM is too old, it can not be used with this version of the API. Please protect the application with the latest version of SecuROM!"

Thank you for that...comment, but I'm actually being serious and would like to know if anyone has seen or knows about this error.

+1 serge and dr evil please don't post crap..

Wtf are "DIGITAL RIVER files" studied 2 years of I.T and never heard that once..

Ohh? Google can't even give me a definition, talking crap out of your ass?

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMQ_enAU305AU305&q=define:+DIGITAL+RIVER+files&btnG=Search&meta=

Then there is:

"1) buy a new hard drive"

>< do I even need to answer?

Obviously this is a securom problem, so please email them, I'm sure you will get more help from them then any forum, even Atari support, because you know, they have a forum but there is actually no support.

Anyway, good luck!

and mods, if you don't like my post, I got told this community is better, posts like serge and dr evil only makes it worse:mad:

wow, looks like you've really managed to mess up mate, the only advice i can give is to get that new version of securom, uninstall tdu and leave not a single file then reinstall tdu, reboot your machine and try running it, if it doesnt work, i dont have a clue what to do

See, with all due respect, you're giving me these suggestions when in fact it's clear that I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled TDU multiple times, there is no such thing as a securom update, and it doesn't matter if I try to initialize it with the disc in or out: I get the same error. This is the ONLY game that this happens with, so I'm pretty sure my computer is A-ok.

Geez guys calm down and DR EVIL got nothing useful to post don't post anything.

Serge was being helpful though MCiN7 as "Digital River Files" are possibly who he has downloaded his TDU from but seeing as he says the "disc" I'm guessing he has a physical disc version.

The fact he mentions a cracked exe though leads me to ask though have you actually bought your copy because if not then no help will be given here. However if you've bought your own copy; ie it's not a friends in other words then all we can suggest to you is:

Key question first

1) Where did you get your game and Megapack from?

Then

* Remove any DAEMON tools you may be running

* DO NOT use altered or edited exe's for the game

* Install the game first and try running it and hopefully you should be prompted to update

* If prompted then close TDU and goto http://www.testdriveunlimited.com and follow the link to Download the Patch

* Run the patch (make sure to do this while the game is closed)

* Run the game and check for 1.66 showing in the main menu

* Install Megapack and note the Activation Key is not your TDU game serial, it is the Multiplayer Key you would have been sent when you purchased the Megapack, again if you have acquired the Megapack through other means then we cannot help you

If this still doesn't work, post more info about your System Specs and such or even try the EU Forums where the community is usually quite good about solving users issues!

===============================

And MCiN7 don't start getting all heated and angry due to some members, report them or ignore them and help the OP yourself. And also mind your language, censoring your own words and using asterisks is not permitted.

Serge was being helpful though MCiN7 as "Digital River Files" are possibly who he has downloaded his TDU from but seeing as he says the "disc" I'm guessing he has a physical disc version.

The fact he mentions a cracked exe though leads me to ask though have you actually bought your copy because if not then no help will be given here. However if you've bought your own copy; ie it's not a friends in other words then all we can suggest to you is:

Key question first

1) Where did you get your game and Megapack from?

Then

* Remove any DAEMON tools you may be running

* DO NOT use altered or edited exe's for the game

* Install the game first and try running it and hopefully you should be prompted to update

* If prompted then close TDU and goto http://www.testdriveunlimited.com and follow the link to Download the Patch

* Run the patch (make sure to do this while the game is closed)

* Run the game and check for 1.66 showing in the main menu

* Install Megapack and note the Activation Key is not your TDU game serial, it is the Multiplayer Key you would have been sent when you purchased the Megapack, again if you have acquired the Megapack through other means then we cannot help you

If this still doesn't work, post more info about your System Specs and such or even try the EU Forums where the community is usually quite good about solving users issues!

===============================

And MCiN7 don't start getting all heated and angry due to some members, report them or ignore them and help the OP yourself. And also mind your language, censoring your own words and using asterisks is not permitted.

I purchased it in physical form from Amazon.com. I purchased the megapack from Atari's website and was given my serial for that when I got the receipt. Everything is 100% legitimate. I only mentioned the cracked .exe file because I was trying to find out where the issue might lie since it gives an error with or without the disc in the drive, and does NOT give an error when there is either no .exe or when I use a cracked .exe. That leads me to believe that there is an issue with the exe.

Not once was I asked to update, I merely downloaded the patches anyway and installed the megapack.

System specs:

Nvidia 8800GT

AMD X2 6000+ Windsor

4GB G-skill RAM

3 WD 500GB caviar drives

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Soundblaster X-Fi xtreme gamer

I can play any other game besides this, so I'm really lost here.

i was being serious.

i bet you it would work.

Please read the quote below, and do what it says.

And did you e-mail securom with that link I sent you? They should be able to help you.

Yep, emailed Atari and SecuROM with an analysis file (curiously, I got that error when I did launch analysis, but it ended up making a file in the end). I'm honestly not expecting much beyond the typical "Our coding is so elite that the only explanation is that you stole your software off of the internet or from a friend even though you have a legitimate CD key and all receipts and images of the disk itself that you sent to us so that you could prove you own it."

Well, so that I can see if it's a disc issue in time to be lazy on Christmas day, I downloaded the electronic version from Digital River and already I can tell that something is different. I expected it to be faster since it doesn't have to seek as much as on a drive, but I get options I didn't get before and apparently there's music during installation. Will update on if it works, sorry for the double post.

edit: KNEW IT! Digital copy works, updating with patch now.

You can NOT, and I mean NOT be serious!!! I started the game and went to make a profile, then it said do you want to update, so I said sure. Tried installing the patch (with the program still running), and got an error about the exe, but the rest of the patch installed. From there, it wouldn't recognize the patch so I realized that I should have ended the program first, my mistake. Well, I uninstalled and re-installed, installed the patch FIRST, and guess what? SAME GODDAMN ERROR AS BEFORE. I'm trying to uninstall again and will re-install and will make sure I press left control when I click make shortcut (read to do that somewhere) because I did it the first time, and not the second.

Good to know you got it sorted lemans, welcome to TDU and TDUc, don't be a stranger and remember to keep yourself clean by regularly backing up your game save and deleting radial.cdb every week or so.

I'm sure others can give better advice.

Oh and remeber if you install any mods make sure to backup the original files you are replacing, just in case! :)

• 2 weeks later...