We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I HATE

HSVxSEXY_TIME?

it's terrible.

just makes people greedy, "i'm getting this, i'm getting that" blah blah.

it's all metrial now, and frankly, i'd rather just sleep thru it.

hahahaha

Very true and you're not alone, well I don't hate it, but I don't like it. I'm 16 and I feel like I'm more like 50, it's not fair.

It's meant to be a time for family, not presents and crap, fair enough they are nice but I don't ask for things.

Bah, Humbug! xD

i dont hate christmas but i have to side with Mike, the last day of school everyone was talking about what they WANTED for xmas and when they asked me and i explained that i KNEW i was getting some pc upgrades, they had vacant looks on their faces then started talking about whether they would be getting the latest walkman...i asked a couple what they though xmas was about and they both said 'getting all the presents'

the reason Christmas has become so materialistic is because people are forgetting why we have Christmas.

We don't have Christmas for tie gifts, we have Christmas the celebrate the birty of Jesus Christ.

The reason it is customary to give gifts is because the night Jesus was born, people brought gifts to him. So we give gifts to eachother to represent that.

But now, people have forgotten that the giving of gifts is only a representation and they have began to think that it is the whole meaning of the Holiday.

It's really a sad thing, believe me I know. But if we all ban together to spread the Word of the tru meaning of Christmas, maybe we can make some sort of a difference.

Meh, I'm indifferent. Celebrating the birth of Jesus is the real reason for it, but that seems to be gone. I've been hearing this one person telling everyone that she can't wait till Christmas because she gets a new phone then, (She's had her current one since late August) it's all materialism now. I am looking forward to this Christmas though because I get my PC back on the 25th :)

But yeah...

I feel so much like a that now.

grinch_santa.jpg

the reason Christmas has become so materialistic is because people are forgetting why we have Christmas.

We don't have Christmas for tie gifts, we have Christmas *because it was the existing pagan festival of yule, that catholics used as a reason to* celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. *who was most likely not born on 25th December, the original celebration date was 6th January, although there is no actual recorded date, or even definite year of his birth*

The reason it is customary to give gifts is because the night Jesus was born, people brought gifts to him. So we give gifts to each other to represent that. *although it was also a yule tradition, to celebrate the 'fertile and peaceful season'*

But now, people have forgotten that the giving of gifts is only a representation and they have began to think that it is the whole meaning of the Holiday. *although a celebration is what you make of it and I think it is a much more enjoyable idea to eat hearty, spend time together and enjoy those who are closest to you, than to sit on a cold pew and get crap rammed down your neck*

It's really a sad thing, believe me I know. But if we all ban together to spread the Word of the true meaning of Christmas, maybe we can make some sort of a difference. *and make it a boring miserable LIE like it did back when the world actually thought the church wasn't a joke...*

Fixed.

I don't hate Christmas, in fact quite the opposite. I hear you on the "I'm getting this and that" that's very sad. I like the time off work, the time with friends, family etc and of course all the food (+1 one for Max's shout on Turkey sandwiches) and alcohol. The presents are nice, anything I don't have to buy myself is cool with me. :)

Ugh. The greed. Even my step brother was asking if he could open a gift on the night of the 24th. I'm not a fan of big fusses being made over things either, I never really enjoyed my own birthday parties.

Come on, birthday parties? It sounds to me like the people are celebrating the fact that you did in fact make it to ___ years old. What? They didn't think you would? Or are tehy happy because you're one year closer to retirement, *ahem* boredom. So yes, Christmas is one thing and it should be celebrated (Properly, that is), but other things? Easter? Yes, it should be celebrated again because Jesus did something for us, but come on. A chocolate-giving bunny? Perhaps I'm just bitter because there are really only 2 people aside from family that ever remember my birthdays, not because of facebook. I feel like a bitter, 83 year old geyser now.

Early /rant

o wow i pity you.

I mean I would have not pitied you so much if you had actually wrote something in there that made any sense or was factual in the least. But you didn't.

Where do you think Christmas came from if the whole story wasn't true??

I couldn't agree more with you vette. It drives me nuts when people, rather than just saying no, I don't believe, have to go and try to flame it, almost as if they were worried that if they didn't make it look bad it might be... dun dun dun... true. Perhaps some day he will see the light and follow, but this probably isn't the place for bickering over whether or not we're right. Perhaps that needs it's own thread.

a thread which will most likely be closed eventually lol.

It's ok though, all I can do is pray for him and maybe, eventually, he will realize his mistake and be able to enjoy Christmas again.

I love the story of Jesus' birth. It makes me happy every time I hear it. And, it lets me know that no matter what how materialistic people are or how stupid they can be, i can enjoy Christmas because the most important person in my life was born on that day.

Well anyway...

I wish you all a very merry CHRISTmas and may God bless us every one!!!!!