We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Are you a Hoon or Boy racer?

ShadowGT

OK so what's the difference between a Hoon and a Boy Racer?

The fountain of bad knowledge known as Wiki says ...

" Hoon is a derogatory term used in Australia and New Zealand to refer to a person who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviour. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously. Hoon activities can include speeding, street racing, burnouts, doughnuts or screeching brakes.[1] Those commonly identified as being involved in "hooning" or street racing are young, predominantly male drivers in the age range of 16 and 25 years.[2] "

Sounds like a Hoon is a Boy Racer to me

Fastest I've personally Driven 125mph ... fastest I've been driven 160mph ... all on public roads ... but NOT in the UK

I've always said I'd never be a boy racer, will never modify my car and so on.

Even more so now that since 2003 my local area has had 62 fatal accidents, and it's not that big an area. Those fatalities might be down to driver skill or whatever, but it makes you think, well atleast should. I think half if not more of those 62 accidents have involved a driver aged 18-25.

I guess I'll still have the urge to put my foot down once in a while, in a safe manner. But it wont be to the floor all the time.

As for the fastest I've been in a car up until now. 135MPH in an Impreza, 125MPH in a Fabia VRS and 120MPH in both a MK3 Golf GTI and MK2 Golf GTI. All on the motorway, not the safety of a track.

Guest RB26DETT
Slow, slow, RB...:p

whatever. you weren't the one driving your corolla. corolla's have really low torque so it takes forever for the revs to go up from 2nd gear onwards.

I've only been 90 mph in my own car, don't have the confidence in it or me. Been 130 mph (209 kph) in a Carrera GT on the public road, fastest i've been on the ground.

The awnser to the question, I don't think I am, I normally travel at speed limit ish and only wheel spin when trying to pull away too quickly (i find acceleration more fun than speed).

fastest ive been was 120 in my dads passat 5 years ago, we had just passed an overturned caravan where they had blocked the motorway to 1 lane so we got out and had 3 miles of clear motorway, my dad gunned it =3

fastest on a bike was 110 on my dads 1997 Kawasaki ZX10, fastest on a track was bout 90ish in a 2.2 litre 07 Civic DIESEL!

I've been driver at 165mph, but that was in a DB9 on an airfield.

Fastest my dads gone with me in the car is 120mph, bare in mind it was a Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 with 6 people in it xD, that was a motorway.

Fastest is 110mph on back roads with 6 people in the car. But that time we were racing around the roads with other Ferraris and Lambos, we overtook a few. ''twas a few miles from a race track.

Can't wait till I et my car but i won't be going mental at first.