We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

T3hReaper - Stopping Modding

T3hReaper91

Hey All...

Im going to stop with modding now.

I believe that TDU modding is slowly dying down. Not because of any modders just that tdu has some problems with modding even still which cannot be changed.

Another thing that i am stopping modding is that when i released my Z4 there was hardly any feedback unless it was negative allthough alot of people were praising me in the WIP stage.

There is not just enough respect for modders for tdu as there is many other games.

I will still be modding for tdu now and then but these will be kept to myself and to a select few people.

If anyone that i send models too uploads it and releases it even if they give me credit will be reported.

I will decide if i want to release my future mods. Also no Adding me on msn, xfire or even sending me pm's on tduc begging to send my mods to them.

I Will still be active on tduc but would just like to take a rest from main stream modding.

oh damn thats bad :( you will be missed

I guess that member was right about the Veyron, it will just be another Veyron that will never be finished, btw, are you gonna finish you're Lancer Evo and Veyron like tool did with the 300ZX/Zonda F/S2000?

Well thats abit harsh, its reapers fav car so it will be finished but for his private use. :p

Well, uploading files isn't hard work at all, and many people are gonna be like "Reaper this mod freaking owns!" :p

and also, from his Veyron topic

"This Will Be Finished Dont You Worry"

So yeah... I was looking forward to it but I don't mind if reaper doesn't plan to release it...

Edit: btw, will you quit modding like last time you did(when you closed all the mod links) or just "retiring" (like tool did, keeping all the links up but probably won't make mods)?

Well if you just read his first post he doesn't wanna post mods cause there isn't enough respect for his work etc. So thats why.

"This Will Be Finished Dont You Worry"

Thing is though it will be done, just not released here. :)

--------------

Btw why you worried anyway, you don't have the game just yet.

WTF... I've never heard such silly reasons to give up ? In fact what did you expect when beginning modding here ? To earn money for your mods :) ? To have your own TDU modder golden badge ? Seriously. You've been modding from a few months, and you ask for a thing some people must wait for years !

Accusing people to have ruined your community modding experience, THAT is very harsh. I hope you'll keep that in mind, as we won't forget that. I'd been following the majority of threads here, I can't see anything to reproach... excepted to a few people - everybody hate them anyway so they would be ignored.

That is the same in almost game. People are just different, maybe you should have managed to work differently. In French we call that a "caprice".

My 2 cents, thanks for your job anyway.

WTF... I've never heard such silly reasons to give up ? In fact what did you expect when beginning modding here ? To earn money for your mods :) ? To have your own TDU modder golden badge ? Seriously. You've been modding from a few months, and you ask for a thing some people must wait for years !

Accusing people to have ruined your community modding experience, THAT is very harsh. I hope you'll keep that in mind, as we won't forget that. I'd been following the majority of threads here, I can't see anything to reproach... excepted to a few people - everybody hate them anyway so they would be ignored.

That is the same in almost game. People are just different, maybe you should have managed to work differently. In French we call that a "caprice".

My 2 cents, thanks for your job anyway.

WTF...

I didnt say people have ruined modding just that the limitations of tdu have.

I'm speaking about this:

Another thing that i am stopping modding is that when i released my Z4 there was hardly any feedback unless it was negative allthough alot of people were praising me in the WIP stage.

There is not just enough respect for modders for tdu as there is many other games.

The rest is your reasons, there's nothing to contest...

I'm speaking about this:

The rest is your reasons, there's nothing to contest...

Wow thanks for the support anyway :oook:

I think its just proven my point about being lack of respect for modders.

As this is a personal choice we ask that you respect it. Don't try and change his mind, if he feels he can trust you and you respect his work he may send you a mod. But please don't argue as to why he feels that he wants to stop modding.

Sad To Hear Your Stopping Maybe Its Time I Stopped Trying Sound Mods And Maybe Learn To Use Z Mod And Have A Go Myself. Im Determined TDU WILL NOT DIE!!!!! Lets Make This Game As Good As It Should Have Been!!!!

BTW I PRAISED YOU FOR THE Z4 IT IS AWESOME AND REMAINS ONE OF MY FAV CARS

TDU:C won't be TDU:C without the modding community. Its the mods that bring everyone together. If no more mods will be released, this forum will just become a huge chatroom and I, for one, do NOT want that to happen. Mods have gotten us this far, lets keep the spirit up.

Reaper/Tool/Grin/Shark etc - they have ALL received some negative feedback, that's just the way some people are, must pick out every flaw. You're not an eden/atari employee so obviously you can't get everything right. But that's the spirit of modding.

Reaper - Take some time off, relax and come back to us in a few days/weeks and see how you feel. If you really don't care anymore - so be it, that's your decision. But I can say this - you have a lot of fans here and it would be a damn shame to lose yet another incredible modder. Please reconsider in the near future.

The old guys - pre 2008 were happy without mods. In fact i think we'd be happier without mods.

TDU:C won't be TDU:C without the modding community.

TDU-C was not made FOR the mods, it so happened that modding took off. Personally, i'd rather not have mods at all. TDU-C was made long ago even before Zmod took on. Ask anyone that joined in the year 2007, ask them what TDU-C was for.

Its the mods that bring everyone together.

No, it was the mods that caused all this bickering.

If no more mods will be released, this forum will just become a huge chatroom and I, for one, do NOT want that to happen.

More DO want this to happen.

Mods have gotten us this far, lets keep the spirit up.

I daresay i'm not the only one that agrees with me in saying that i'd rather not have gone this far. TDU-C was so much cosier and warmer place. Now all i do is...forget it.

But that's the spirit of modding.

The spirit of getting really annoyed at the mod, then get annoyed when some bugger tells you that he doesnt like that. Then get annoyed when some people be so critical and expect the changes *snap* now?

Guest RB26DETT
The old guys - pre 2008 were happy without mods. In fact i think we'd be happier without mods.

TDU-C was not made FOR the mods, it so happened that modding took off. Personally, i'd rather not have mods at all. TDU-C was made long ago even before Zmod took on. Ask anyone that joined in the year 2007, ask them what TDU-C was for.

No, it was the mods that caused all this bickering.

More DO want this to happen.

I daresay i'm not the only one that agrees with me in saying that i'd rather not have gone this far. TDU-C was so much cosier and warmer place. Now all i do is...forget it.

The spirit of getting really annoyed at the mod, then get annoyed when some bugger tells you that he doesnt like that. Then get annoyed when some people be so critical and expect the changes *snap* now?

Hero!

Well looks like someone's on a rant...

I've never downloaded any TDU mods (apart from sound packs and rims) so Reaper's announcement doesn't affect me. Still, I have occasionally checked out the Mod section of the forum and can see why Reaper would choose to make such a decision.

As an artist (and I do believe modding is an art), not getting any compliments and mostly negativity all the time is a great blow to one's inspiration. Sometimes all it takes is one person's comment to break you and make you want to give up. While it is an extremely shallow way to think, to some people it just can't be avoided...

As previously stated all over this forum before, modders do want to hear more than just lurkers here only for the mods dictating what they should do/when they should do it and demanding that they should make something else even though the current project is still WIP. Sadly the culprits guilty of such behaviour would never bother taking a look at threads like this.

Goat, I know that you may be pissed that a friend (Reaper) has been put off by impatient, immature, lazy, dictatorial armchair buggers, but maybe you were a bit harsh in your retort? That was all just his opinion after all... Maybe you were already ticked off at something that happened earlier in the day, i dunno, but I actually agree with him. E.g, if it weren't for modding, Tool wouldn't be here...

And to everyone else fed up with all the people constantly demanding mods and "having no respect for modders", then I have a solution: Don't trawl through the thread. Just keep checking the main post for updates and edits. That's what I do...

Just my 2cents worth