We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

370Z Convertible!!! No pics though :(

Baltoman

2009 Nissan 370Z convertible to debut at New York Auto Show

by Damon Lavrinc on Jan 26th, 2009 at 9:32PM

04_nissan_370z_first_drive_580op2.jpg

Click above for a high-res gallery of the 2009 Nissan 370Z

The 2009 Nissan 370Z has already proven itself as one of the best performance bargains on the market, but for those who crave the wind-in-your-hair experience that only a drop-top can deliver, a convertible variant is right around the corner. Nissan will unveil the 370Z convertible at the New York Auto Show on April 8th, and according to a Nissan designer we spoke to at the 370Z's launch, it's going to look remarkably better than its predecessor.

The awkward roof-line and misshapen rear will be dispatched in favor of a more fluid canvas roof, because unlike the 350Z, the 370 was designed from the onset as a convertible. As previously reported, Nissan decided early on that a retractable hard-top was out of the question, primarily due to packaging and weight constraints – not to mention the risk of cannibalizing Infiniti G37 cabrio sales. The 3.7-liter V6 will carry over, along with the choice of a manual or automatic gearbox and Base or Touring trims. Expect a full report from the NY show floor in a few months time.

- Autoblog

Old news, but still very nice. I like it much better than the 350Z Roadster, the Z33 looked stupid as a convertible IMO. It does make sense the 370Z being designed as a convertible though because it actually looks right as a convertible this time, and the normal version as a certain Z4M feel about it...

Guest RB26DETT
*Perpares to be flamed* I think the 370z looks much cooler than the 350z. Imho the 350z looked kinda buldgy and like it needed to use Nutrisystem or something. :cheeky:

let's fight back.

I LOVE THE 370Z!

let's fight back.

I LOVE THE 370Z!

+Rep as soon as I spread a bit. :)

It`s like saying: "I don`t love the big tits chick, I love the one with the monobrown and mustache instead. :nanananana:

Wow, the lack of class or dignity in the sentence is overwhelming. Btw, "monobrow" is spelled without a "n".

Guest RB26DETT

Well that's just you.

Back on topic. The engine note of the 370z won me over as well as it's interior. Come on just listen to this! And I love that thing that makes the transmission and engine revs sync so no need for heel and toe.