We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is TDU 3D modding dead?

Leadfoot[YT]

Is TDU 3D modding dead?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is TDU 3D modding dead?

• Yes
    • No

Well, Tool's gone, T3hReaper's gone, and not much is happening with everyone else. The forum's gone quiet, and none of the good modders have gotten around to giving a detailed/video tutorial of how to import cars. Some of the forum members have been blatantly rude and insulting, as well as expectant of mods to come (this makes me very angry, by the way. People should appreciate generosity, not take it for granted!).

It's a shame, really, but in my opinion, TDU modding's kind of dead. What are your opinions, though? Think 3D modding will make a comeback? :)

Only time will tell, I guess...

-Leadfoot

there is a GT3 RS.. BigT did it.. i think.

BigT did a 911 GT2

Porsche Carrera GT is doing the GT3 RS and has already released a Beta of it.

Edit: IMO Modding hasn't completely died, there is still hope, there is grin116, Tsuka(only made 1 mod though, but still), Frank, JT Tuning and some other people that are still doing modding, Reaper only did 1 mod, its not that big of a deal(the rest always got cancelled) :(, and tool did a lot of mods, he said he got bored of it.

Honestly, 3D modding is not everything... we had only a very few modders for that since the task is hard and time-killing.

It's not because 2 of the best modders are gone that TDU modding comes to an end.

Moreover, I personaly know modders who work on their spare time and can't spend hours to promote and chill in the forums :)

Great modding work can't always illustrate by one release per day - I can wait if results are better.

Modding is not more dead than the game itself... just interesting for less people than months ago, but that's logical after all.

my2cts.

Guest RB26DETT

You know why it' slowed down? It's because of all the selfish douches who request this and that in their threads, and complain why they didn't make "x" instead or "you should've done "y" in this car. IT'S BLOODY ANNOYING CAUSE THEY ALL ACT LIKE KIDS!

I'm planning to have a go at modding when I get my new computer. I don't know if I'll make them public cause frankly I'm fed up with all of douches. I'll probs give 'em to just close TDU friends.

You know why it' slowed down? It's because of all the selfish douches who request this and that in their threads, and complain why they didn't make "x" instead or "you should've done "y" in this car. IT'S BLOODY ANNOYING CAUSE THEY ALL ACT LIKE KIDS!

I'm planning to have a go at modding when I get my new computer. I don't know if I'll make them public cause frankly I'm fed up with all of douches. I'll probs give 'em to just close TDU friends.

I agree - those people think that they (in some way) deserve to have someone work for hours on a car that only they want. The modders are voulenteers, and they are getting nothing except enjoyment in return. I completely agree with your point of view.

I'm considering modding as well. I've experimented a little, but I haven't exported anything yet, so I'm not sure if my experiments have worked or not...

-Leadfoot

BigT did a 911 GT2

Porsche Carrera GT is doing the GT3 RS and has already released a Beta of it.

Oh okay..

----------------------------------------------------

Anyways, time for my opinion. *Puts on flame suit*:D

I think many, many many people think TDU modding is easy. Hence why you see (No offence) people announce cars they are going to do but then in the end give up and never come back online ive seen 3 threads like this.

To do modding you have to PAY to do TDU Mods, anyone who used a hacked zmodeler is just alittle kid who wants to rush around and cannot wait for modders to do it or is honestly is a worthless person who thinks they are better then everyone else and can get away with it. But also in saying that there is a crap load of requests that in my opinion will not be done, there is more requests then mods half of them just keep getting bumped.

Now with people complaining that mods get canceled you got to think in the end seeing we are modders, we get to decide to cancel a mod if we dont wanna do it, people complain so much about this but if we get pushed to do a mod that we dont wanna do or complaining. Its just not gonna be a happy modding community.

Offtopic*Ness*: Yes i support admin and mod mods to report posts, but ive seen a hell of alot off topic stuff even if reported and erased, ive counted alot of arguements and offtopic stuff in threads, ive counted about 5 threads of mine filled with offtopic or negative comments take these for exmaple (RX7, NSX, S2000, BMW E92, reapers BMW ages ago) Its not that hard not to post if you got nothing good feedback to say..

Bug listing: Now this is one of my main conserns, yes people are allowed to report bugs and i allow it myself, when people bodyswap and get more bugs and blame modders its not our fault, you expect us to build it on the car you want, if it has more bugs just cause you bodyswapped it. Dont complain to us! Also TDU has limits no matter what so if a car has the smallest detail, or is missing not everything can look 100% like a Eden games car or textures be in top shape. OR if we don't include LED lights on a car or something so small.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I vote 'yes' modding is dead. And NO not cause me and reaper left. Simply cause well :o Every modder gets their cars from games.. (Yes even me) sooner or later modders will run out of games and will result in a full model stealing fenzy.

Most cars are from NFS Undercover, NFS pro street, Juiced 2, GTA SA (Mods) and GTR Evolution, NFS Most Wanted. Do you really think that car requests will be done..:oook:

--------------

Now just a warning i am completely saying this in a normal good mood, i am not angry or flaming? anything like that so please consider that before either quoting me or argue with me. All this is IMO.

--------------

Oh and :badspelling: to me.. :thumbsup:

Guest RB26DETT
. Do you really think that car requests will be done..:oook:

AMEN!

None of the requested cars have been done. If ever they were done, it wasn't because a modder accepted the request to do one but most probably just wanted to do it. Cause you don't see in their threads "Car requested "DHead" (lol Andreaz)" in their threads.

To keep things nice and short, the reason why TDU modding is dying is because modders don't get the respect they earn. The one thing that made TDU alive again is the one killing it as well.

-----

Right with that out of the window. Time to play Street Racing on Facebook!

I'm just wondering, tool, are the GTA SA cars(not mods) good quality or bad?

Edit: Some of the request cars have actually been done, and I'm with you its because a modder wanted to do it.

And RB, is Street Racing the same thing as Speed Racer on facebook, I have Speed Racer and its not the best thing.

not if i get zmodeler

Well.. Typical.. You don't know anything about it.. This is exactly what ive been saying.

To do modding you have to PAY to do TDU Mods, anyone who used a hacked zmodeler is just alittle kid who wants to rush around and cannot wait for modders to do it or is honestly is a worthless person who thinks they are better then everyone else and can get away with it.

I know you have made a thread and didn't pay for zmodeler, so read what i said.. and think again. ;)

Modding is fastly dying. But not dead. We have Frank and Grin who are amongst us. But do not rely on them for fulfilling requests.

As everyone says. if you want a mod: do it yourself. I can't even draw a straight line in zmodeller so god knows how you lot manage to complete a whole car.

at the end of the day the thing that we're missing is respect. More respect = more modders feeling good. Less respect = threads like this. Come on people.