We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top 5 Annoying things on tdu-c

Ozzmcom

ok It's been a while since I've got here. had to post something like this becouse I know people or at least someone out there is with me on theese

1.People saying 'Hai' and 'Bai' instead of hi and bye.

2.This 'special treatment' to the moderators of this site is going on. I mean apart from Diablo all I can see is people making moderators think they are very important people.

3.The weird rule of not putting some files from tdu ,they say got to do something with publishers of the game roaming about on this site ,even though there's even a sub-forum called 'Mod-shop'.I mean I payed for the damn game I think deserve a bit of bloody backup. I can't see any harm on someone sending me a little file via e-mail.

4.People commenting after my posts like theese 'what's your problem dude','go away if you don't like it -rep' , like I give a damn about your reputation.

5.People desperately trying to post well all I can see is rubbish for no reason. I think some 12 year olds still trying to reach high post numbers.(no offence to those 12 year olds don't do it)

All fine then you'll ask me why are you on this site then ozz? I tell you why. I'm posting my pics to those people out there who doesn't care about any of theese. please feel free to comment on my post .

-thank you for reading

ok It's been a while since I've got here.

Im not sure i would call 12 days as being here for a while.

had to post something like this becouse I know people or at least someone out there is with me on theese

So according to you, people aren't really allowed to have a bit of fun?

2.This 'special treatment' to the moderators of this site is going on. I mean apart from Diablo all I can see is people making moderators think they are very important people.

Im not sure what to say here.

3.The weird rule of not putting some files from tdu ,they say got to do something with publishers of the game roaming about on this site ,even though there's even a sub-forum called 'Mod-shop'.I mean I payed for the damn game I think deserve a bit of bloody backup. I can't see any harm on someone sending me a little file via e-mail.

The reason for having no files on here is a little thing called Copyright Laws i assume.

4.People commenting after my posts like theese 'what's your problem dude','go away if you don't like it -rep' , like I give a damn about your reputation.

Seriously, what is your problem? Go away if you don't like it...

5.People desperately trying to post well all I can see is rubbish for no reason. I think some 12 year olds still trying to reach high post numbers.(no offence to those 12 year olds don't do it)

I kinda agree here...

All fine then you'll ask me why are you on this site then ozz? I tell you why. I'm posting my pics to those people out there who doesn't care about any of theese. please feel free to comment on my post .

-thank you for reading

Hmm... Anyway, there is allways the Atari TDU Forum.

I respect to the answers you gave my friend. But theese are my oppinions. yes there is atari tdu forum.and I'm sure I was one of the oldest users of it.that's why 12 days are really enough to understand how things go around here. but I had to quit becouse kalniel, which is sort of the 'lord' of that forum was so irritating.

Seriously, don`t waste your time on that one, Loz. Report the post, this thread will be locked soon.

And I know another annoying thing on TDU :

People, who think that they know everything and can tell everyone what to do.

I didn't claim that I know everything and tell everyone what to do. you guys getting my points wrong wrong and wrong. I'm not saying people like theese should bugger off. Theese are just the things I've wanted to share with you. My point of view of this forum that's all

[mod edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button, thanks!

Now seriously, you`ve been here for no more than eleven days. People that have been here for a year or more don`t post such threads. You know why - causing arrguments and friction is the last thing we want now. We try to revive our community as it was when I joined - July 2008. We try to bring back the harmless fun and the serious threads.

Saying : "I don`t like it, cause mods/admins get more attention than I do" is so lame. None and I mean none of us DESERVES to get more attention than those guys. They spend their time to make this place better, they even MADE this place, so then you can appear and say that you don`t like that...:mad:

Then, what about posting, yes I do post a lot, yes some other people too...I`m 14, how old are you? There isn`t a rule that doesn`t allow to post much, is it? :rolleyes: And what is your problem really, you said it - "If you don`t like it - stay away from it." Who forced you to make this thread if you don`t like it?

Going to the files now, yes - every single file that comes with TDU is Copyrighted. I don`t care if you played the game even for a year or two, the law doesn`t allow illegal distribution of copyrighted files, don`t like it? Go complain to Atari/Eden.

And finally - the lamest one - saying Hai and Bai. I`m sorry but I`m just holding myself together not to start swearing...There are many way to say something and if the staff that runs this forum doesn`t mind it, then I don`t see your problem...

I know this post will provoke many possitive or negative reactions, but I just had to express myself on this.

Just my 2 cents. Peace!

Hi! :cheeky:

You only need to relax a bit and everything will be just fine ;) This forum is not for a tense minds so just try not to be one, and don't take nothing too serious. I know that Kal seems like a cold minded moderator software sometimes but mods here are a bit different.

You may ask yourself: what kind of forum am I looking for anyway?

Bye!

p.s. I've been a good boy :cheeky: I even wrote 'you' instead of 'u' :D

Now seriously, you`ve been here for no more than eleven days. People that have been here for a year or more don`t post such threads. You know why - causing arrguments and friction is the last thing we want now. We try to revive our community as it was when I joined - July 2008. We try to bring back the harmless fun and the serious threads. Saying : "I don`t like it, cause mods/admins get more attention than I do" is so lame. None and I mean none of us DESERVES to get more attention than those guys. They waste their time to make this place better, they even MADE this place, so then you can appear and say that you don`t like that...:mad: Then, what about posting, yes I do post a lot, yes some other people too...I`m 14, how old are you? There isn`t a rule that doesn`t allow to post much, is it? :rolleyes: And what is your problem really, you said it - "If you don`t like it - stay away from it." Who forced you to make this thread if you don`t like it? Going to the files now, yes - every single file that comes with TDU is Copyrighted. I don`t care if you played the game even for a year or two, the law doesn`t allow illegal distribution of copyrighted files, don`t like it? Go complain to Atari/Eden. And finally - the lamest one - saying Hai and Bai. I`m sorry but I`m just holding myself together not to start swearing...There are many way to say something and if the staff that runs this forum doesn`t mind it, then I don`t see your problem...

I know this post will provoke many possitive or negative reactions, but I just had to express myself on this.

Just my 2 cents. Peace!

no need for anger , seems like you're the one trying to argue here, and once again you got my point wrong. This is a forum you share things. but I think I've done something wrong. So according to you I should just shut up and don't talk about what I don't like about this site? well if that's all you want I will. you've said 'Who forced you to make this thread if you don`t like it '. I didn't say I don't like this forum. again theese are just the things that annoys me here. If you don't agree that's fine with me.

I'm not gonna comment much about anything else but i see nothing wrong with hai and bai.

Like you said, they're opinions, and everyone is entitled to them. But don't you think its a little drastic to make everyone change? If i were you i'd suck it up. Many things here annoy me but you don't see me making a thread to complain do i?

Relax man, and life will be so much easier to live ;)

EDIT: Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that whatever you said is WRONG! I'm not, like i said they're opinions. But its just that maybe you're a little too sensitive about things here?

Also maybe you should know that some of the Mods are friends with users in real life, and thus may seem as though as they're getting special treatment, but are probably just doing what friends do.

Not really a problem, but that's my opinion :)

Moderators are necessary, because they help to get rid off spam etc....

They are also very helpfull, so they are important :)

Copyrighted files, but i think you mean cars from the Megacarpack. You're not allowed to upload them, because people without the carpack can use them.

Dunno about this sorry

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

:p

Copyrighted to Tool :)

I know I've left but I blundered onto this topic.

I agree with these two, I've been waiting for someone to finally come out with it. +rep.

There isn`t a rule that doesn`t allow to post much, is it?

I'm going to sound like a martial art fanatic but its called etiquette(a code of unwritten rules that are made up by social convention. e.g. having manners is etiquette.)

Posting constantly is called SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Posts), its not good etiquette and is very annoying. Thats why people have go's at you. Its taken you 9 months to understand that.

Anyway I've waffled so I'm off, I won't be looking at this topic again.

Like what pressurized said... Its fun, if people cant have fun then you need help or your depressed.

They are important people they help us stop people like you from making stupid threads just so you can say your opinion. Aswell TDUC has a huge member list so in order to keep it clean/safe tduc need alot of moderators.

Yes well how would you like it if you had a website full of TDU files.. and people requesting files all the time.

I mean people have to just reinstall it really doesn't take along time, either make a back up or reinstall. Simple.. Some people are just lazy and cannot be bothered reinstalling if they do not have a back up.

4.People commenting after my posts like these 'what's your problem dude','go away if you don't like it -rep' , like I give a damn about your reputation.
You should give a damn about your rep.. Cause your rep depends if your a good member, if you get alot of negative rep people either start ignoring you or think your just a spammer or a n00b. And does make a big impact.

5.People desperately trying to post well all I can see is rubbish for no reason. I think some 12 year olds still trying to reach high post numbers.(no offense to those 12 year olds don't do it)
Well first off.. You started a thread which has no point in it so you are worse then a 12 year old. At least 12 year olds don't make stupid there opinion threads like you.

-thank you for reading

Your posting pics? :imwithstupid:

Listen mate, all i can say is... Take a cement pill and harden up. :rolleyes: Its a website, nothing can be perfect.

I guess he means his TDU Photomode thread.

Anyway, beaware this thread has been flagged and I would close it, but my powers don't quite stretch to this side of the board ¬.¬

It will only cause friction and arguments.

When speed wakes up I'm sure he will (I could go wake him up, but that'd be harsh haha! or when another moderator gets here). So don't bother posting.

What a brilliant thread. :nuts:

• 'Hai' and 'Bai' makes me laugh quite alot. So many have jumped on the bandwagon now... if it makes you feel cool then go for it. ;)
  • People will always suck up to site staff... it happens to anyone who has power. Its sucks, but the guys that do it are more often than not pretty insecure, so rather than getting annoyed about it just try to ignore it. It won't get them anywhere fast. The mods have enough intelligence to realise when its going on, so let them deal with it as they see fit.
  • I have noticed quite alot of posts that add nothing to the topic and cause little but strife too. What can you do, some people have anger issues. :rolleyes:

On a lighter note, and something that has been posted on these forums before. Take a look at the pic and follow its advice. :nanananana:

arguing.jpg?cb=1115204527

Dear Valued Member:

Thank you for your feedback regarding tdu-central, it is always appreciated, but in future please use the contact us button the footer of the site. Threads like these only ever cause friction, which is something we are working hard to cut down/stop at the moment.

We hope you will remain with the forum, but please remember this is a community for all and just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should not happen.

Regards

Baldred

TDU-Central Staff

Can I just clear something regarding the distribution of the original files from the game itself?

TDU modding isn't exactly encouraged by Atari or Eden Games but they let it pass but what they don't want is the possible distribution of their original files as this - even though most people here wouldn't - could be used to complete non-legit versions that have been acquired. The same with Megapack files and whatnot.

There's the other added degree that I am a moderator at Atari Europe forums and that should sort of speak for itself.

To address your other issues

It's just a bit of fun, sure it would be good if people could use proper language for our international and translation users but at the end of the day we're about fun and to stop this sort of jokery that we're known for wouldn't be entirely fair.

I'm not sure about this one, I haven't really seen many instances of this myself but if you see it happening then by all means message myself or one of the other staff and we'll check it out. Remember I have fairly strict rules for those who wish to become staff here so the staff picked are picked due to the way they represent, help and participate within this community. It's easy to spot those who want the title only for the power they think it would bring them. As cliche as it sounds, staff don't automatically get respect, they must earn it just the same as a regular member.

I agree with you, there are instances where these retorts DO NOT help the situation and simply paint that member in a negative light. It's even more downheartening when it's a long-time member who thinks they have the right to do so due their time of being here.

This sort of SPAM and gesticulation should be in The Bin and as that doesn't count to postcounts anyway there's no reason that people are posting their to boost their postcounts, all they're doing is having a bit of a laugh.

Please remember you can report posts or threads you think are unneeded or uneccessary and we will take action if required but don't report them just because you don't like them personally.

All fine then you'll ask me why are you on this site then ozz? I tell you why. I'm posting my pics to those people out there who doesn't care about any of theese.
Fair point and I hope you stay and continue to share and participate with us. You have to remember that the activity here leads to many subjects and activities being taken so sometimes it's hard to keep track on the good, bad and of course the downright Iced_Bullet. (j/p mate!)