We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2008 Lamborghini Reventon V1.0

Tool831

• Replies 99
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah and with the MC12 you have to lower the interior camera and push it all the way to the back to experience a good interior view ;) and the Cadillac Cien has 7 gears unlike the real thing, and on the MC12 the wheels might go through the arches sometimes

*Shakes fist at eden games*

*Eden Games has a meeting about whether to shake a fist back for modding their game. The meeting takes nine months and Eden Games decides to eat cheese instead.* :cheeky:

Anyway, nice job with the Reventon. :) As always, of course. Out of curiosity, is there any way to make the instrument needle move in a non-circular pattern? If it was possible, you could make the indicators move up and down on the dash. It could replace the digital dash... If possible, of course.

-Leadfoot

For everyone looking for a sound for this car, I highly recommend this one.....

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=9289

It's a real screamer V12 sound, an excellent fit for any high revving V-12 in the game.

Also, since mostly everyone else is too googly-eyed to say something, I'll do it...

This car should have went to Beta and not full release.

And sorry but no, I'm not going to just "shut up and be happy" that there's a Reventon done like I've been told to do by someone who thinks he doesn't make mistakes, especially when there's so many problems with the car, and personally I think so many people would be far more appreciative of a quality release rather than a rushed release.

Bugs...

1. The scale of the car isn't right ingame, it's too small. I put it right next to the LP-640 in the garage and the size difference is immense. The real Reventon is the same width as the LP-640, the wheelbases are exactly the same for both cars, but the Reventon is 4 inches longer than the LP-640.

In the game, the Rev isn't as wide as it needs to be, it's not as long as it needs to be, and it's not tall enough. Scaling it up would fix these, and would also help with the different body swaps people are trying.

2. The rear wheels are way too small. It actually looks like the front rim is bigger than the rear. The real Reventon runs 1 inch bigger on the rear rims than it does on the front, just like the Murcielago and the LP-640.

3. The nose vents are still wrong, this is a 5 minute fix at the most, grab the verts and move them inward where they belong. CTRdesign modeled it wrong himself for whatever unfathomable reason and never bothered to fix it, but there's no reason that bug should be kept in every version of the car. It really takes away from the look of the front end.

4. The lower carbon "tail spoiler", whatever it's called sticks out just a bit too far, and also seems to be too far away from the body. Tuck it up in closer and it would look better.

5. Smoothing errors all over the car, most noticeably in the rear quarterpanels on both sides, on the roof where the doors connect, in the point of the nose, too many to list them all. This is mostly CTRdesigns' fault because the model is too low-poly, but the biggest ones could easily have been fixed.

Ah, thanks for the sound! I was just about to say that all I need now is a good sound mod. Thanks Kurgan :).

5. Smoothing errors all over the car, most noticeably in the rear quarterpanels on both sides, on the roof where the doors connect, in the point of the nose, too many to list them all. This is mostly CTRdesigns' fault because the model is too low-poly, but the biggest ones could easily have been fixed.

And though I agree with everything else, I'm not sure this is entirely true. If you look at the rear quaterpanels on a real Reventon, it is not entirely rounded. Though the mod may take that statement farther thna it should, the real quarterpanel DOES have seems very similar to the mod. Though I agree on the roof and possibly the nose, the rear quarterpanels are pretty close to the real thing.

[ModMod Edit:] Please don't double post, thanks!

As for my opinion on the mod, I think it's pretty well made, Tool. Looks very nice in Orange, the rear lights look bloody fantastic!! and the only real thing that I think could be improved are the dials (Supposed to be digital, yet there are analogue dials moving around!!!)

Thanks, once again.

[ModMod Edit:] Please read my post below, thanks!

If you have any problems with specific post, please use the reputation.gif (report) button. Thanks. This is much easier and simpler for staff than wading through countless posts all trying to fight the same war.

However opinions are welcome and if you feel compelled to respond to a post, please do so in a civiliised and polite way, thanks!

The rules state:

1.4 Problems or Grievances with other Members

a. Should you have an issue with a member on the board, be it a post, a private message (PM) you have received or anything else that was received through the TDU Central forum system. Then please don’t make it worse by bringing it out in public and risk starting trouble on the board by posting something inappropriate or defamatory that may land you in trouble also. Contact a staff member via the PM (private message) system and we will deal with it without it hopefully becoming a major issue.

Wow this is just awesome, man I was requesting it & badly wanted it!:D Thanks very much tool831, this means +1 rep for you just for converting CTRdesiGn's car!:excited: The Reventon is one my favourite supercars list!:thumbsup: Does it include a Reventon interior in the zip or download it separately? If so, then where's the interior thread? I do know CTRdesiGn did make the interior, but is it different for the TDU Reventon? I heard you guys tool & shark are modding it.

Nah not much.

-snip-

-snip-

Ok I guess not much different, but the seats are. I haven't tried your Reventon yet, but I hope it has screens of fighter jet like HUD on the dashboard like the real one.;) They don't have normal needles & gauges.

[ModMod Edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!