We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A State of Trance 400 - A thank-you from Armin

Eudemon

A thank-you from Armin van Buuren

I’m sitting back at home right now, recovering from what may have been one of the best weekends in my carreer as a DJ. The reactions to the celebrations for the 400th edition of A State of Trance were bigger than in my wildest dreams. It seemed like everything came together and I’m deeply touched by all the support from fans all over the world. What started out as an idea for an intimate party in a club, grew out to three massive events in three countries with actually creating an online radiostation for 72 hours only. It’s was fantastic to see how massive the repondse was to the video- and autofeed.

It really showed me once again how big the love for trance is around the world. It creates a special atmosphere in the clubs that clubowners and bouncers describe as “the easiest crowd to work it”. Everyone seems to be there for the music, which is the same vibe I got from the people who turned their livingrooms into clubs just for these three days. The forums, twitter (#1 topic for a few days) and chatrooms showed us a little of what was going on.

Even though not everything went a 100% smooth with the videostream, I think you still got a good impression of the vibe in the clubs and backstage. Even though Internet is now part of our daiy lives, it’s still developing and sometimes I did get a little bit the feeling of “pioneering” because the Internet is not 100% ready yet everywhere for such a big stream of data, but from what I understood most of you did get a proper audio feed and a lot of people were able to see us.

One thing I really noticed is how cool all the DJ’s were I invited. Nobody had a big ego or demanded just blue M&M’s backstage. Everyone was just hanging out with huge respect for eachother, listening to eachother sets, discussing gigs, software and music. It made me feel incredibly happy and proud to be part of this world we call electronic dance music. It was truly special!

I really owe a massive thanks to the huge team of people that made this all possible. First of all our sponsor SEAT, All the clubs (Butan, Godskitchen and Maassilo), Alda Events, DLP, Dance Foundation (Lennart & Paul & crew), Gavin Kingsley from the radiodepartment, Raymond Garnier & crew (crossmedia ventures), everyone at Armada (esp. Ruben de Ronde), Gijs Alkemade & crew, all the radiostations that joined us, all the DJ’s for their fanastic guestsets and mixes, all clubbers, websites and forums (Trance.Nu, Tranceaddict, avb.forum, irc chatroom #Armind & #ASOT400 etc etc), and everyone I may have forgotten. You know who you are.

See you at ASOT450!!

logoasot.jpg

If you didn't know A State of Trance has reached Episode 400, that's 8 years of the best tunes almost every Thursday since 2001. Over this weekend we are being treated to 72 hours of sets and shows from all over Europe and the best DJ's and up and comers are also being roped in to take part and blast the speakers and treat the lucky trance and dance muppets who have made it to the shows.

Check out the full lineup @ http://www.astateoftrance.com

And any of you lucky enough to be in or near Birmingham, get yourself to Club Air as this is when ASoT 400 will be in the UK!! 21:30 - 06:30!!!!

(check video stream to make sure below stream is the same)

audio stream here

(requires Silverlight)

Live video stream here

Yeah 18 hours in and we're still going!! The .cz stream seems to have went missing last night around 2AM but the live stream video still has some decent sound and plays constantly through.

Tonight ASOT is in Birmingham and it starts at 22:00.

I went to my kip about 5AM this morning and left this playing through my PC all night and woke up smiling about 2 hours ago.