We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ford Fiesta 2009

E30 FTW!!!

My driving instructor has a 1.6TDCI Titanium, and its just a wonderful car to drive. The steering is very easy and precise, the clutch is nice and light, and very easy to control and the throttle has a nice little weighting to it. It pulls well and doesn't run out of power (like my parent's car does) - or at least I haven't found that limit yet, but I've only been up to 80 or so. Around town its wonderfully easy to creep along on the clutch (that is if your mum/you is a good driver who knows how to control a clutch properly) - its certainly a great first car.

As far as the styling is concerned, its very good looking, and although I haven't used most of the stuff in the cabin (like the radio etc), its a lovely place to be.

And one other comment I will make - as lucky as every other country in the world is when it comes to cars (that is, you don't have the problem of insurance costs to anally rape you) - getting anything (much) bigger than a supermini isn't a good idea for a first car. Not just the physical size problems you will face when squeezing through gaps or parking, the clutch and gearbox will be very heavy and much more clunky. You will also always be going too fast. That might not seem like a bad thing, but real life isn't like TDU - you will run out of talent a lot earlier than you may think, and if you don't have proper training (or don't grow up), you will be all over the place.

My instructor says that he finds girls a lot easier to teach, because they don't come to their first lesson thinking they know it all and can handle anything at 100mph. The tree is much closer to being invincible than you are.

That's not true, at least here in Europe. Fords are always somewhere near the top of lists of most reliable cars. Toyotas and Mazdas are at the top anyway...Maybe it is a bit different down under...

btw I don't like new Fiesta. Those huge headlights on tiny little car must be hated. It just doesn't seem right.:rolleyes:

Actually it looks like it was made for one of these...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/FP9079Bratz-Posters.jpg:rofl: