We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Abuse of the Reputation system

Eudemon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I +rep someone, I leave my name. If I -rep someone I don't leave my name, just so I don't get them -repping me back out of spite :lol: I always try to leave a comment too.

Don't you think that giving -rep back to someone is the saddest and most retarded thing you can do...I just wish people like those weren't here...:rolleyes:

Wasn't me.. You never said anything to me about Fast and furious cars. Although you should know by now directly requesting to someone about cars doesn't get you no where.

ofcourse it wasn't u (guilty conscience LOL), i meant another member probably looked at my request (not sure if its a modder or not) and negative repped me saying "nope", thats like 100% stupidity, i want to kno who did that :mad:

EDIT : I have a brilliant idea, maybe if some1 can modify the rep system, so that the name of the member always shows up from now on, so we don't have to tell you to find out their names in this thread :D

ofcourse it wasn't u (guilty conscience LOL), i meant another member probably looked at my request (not sure if its a modder or not) and negative repped me saying "nope", thats like 100% stupidity, i want to kno who did that :mad:

EDIT : I have a brilliant idea, maybe if some1 can modify the rep system, so that the name of the member always shows up from now on, so we don't have to tell you to find out their names in this thread :D

How about no, because it is anonymous. Some people don't want other people to know that they were the person that repped them. This thread isn't for finding out about who gave you the rep. It's a thread that you should only post in if someone swore in some rep to you or insulted you etc.

And no, it wasn't Tool that gave you that negative rep. It happened months ago so why don't you let it go?

How about no, because it is anonymous. Some people don't want other people to know that they were the person that repped them. This thread isn't for finding out about who gave you the rep. It's a thread that you should only post in if someone swore in some rep to you or insulted you etc.

And no, it wasn't Tool that gave you that negative rep. It happened months ago so why don't you let it go?

i kno it wasnt tool :oook:

Seriously a neg rep isn't abusing the system, they can give whatever reason they like in that rep or no reason at all. However if you find the reason to be offensive then please let us know. Thanks.

but a negative rep saying "nope" and "dude?" doesn't make sense 2 me :confused:

There's alot less abuse of the rep system here, than there is on the 360.

+1

My avoided went up 2% on DiRT2 for winning! I don't know anyone who actually gives negative rep on there anymore, I only assume it's new people who still actually get wound up by it.

I know who is it from and I don't want it removed. I just want to show how sad people get sometimes. The original -rep I gave was "Grow up" and that was...erm...the answer.

Why did you post this after I told people not to post in this thread about rep unless it contains swearing or is abusive?

We all know what some people are like, but you posting about it doesn't change anything.

• 1 month later...

Right, it looks like people have took it upon themselves again to start being immature and abuse the rep system again. Those of you that have a reasonable amount of rep points will be reset back to 0. And those of you with a low amount of rep will have an amount that I see appropriate removed. yes, that may put you in negative rep.

Leaving rep with someone else's name on it is highly immature and unneeded whether it is positive or negative rep. And yes, saying this "I think your sexy - Love TSS" is included Tool.

"Stop having sex with Animals, kay?" was left in negative reputation on a member who is under the age of 16. Said member will receive a ban for this as he has done things like this on more than one occasion before and recently left other people inappropriate rep around the same time.

If you have a problem with a mod, report it or send a member of staff a PM and don't leave them reputation like this "stop stealing projects mother******!". leaving rep like that does not get anything sorted and just aggravates the receiver of the rep.

If you have a problem with another member or you feel that some of the contents of their profile are inappropriate then report it or send a member of staff a PM. Don't leave reputation like "Your racist signature, you @#%$ Racist!". Like I said before, it doesn't get the problem solved or the content removed as the staff may not be aware of it.

Seeing as these are just a few examples from the last 7 or 8 days I will be taking a zero tolerance approach to abuse of the rep system from now on. I'm more disappointed than annoyed at some of the things that I have seen in the rep logs recently.

Do not let this carry on.