We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Abuse of the Reputation system

Eudemon

It has come to our attention that a very small number of members are abusing the Reputation system by means of basically being complete idiots and -rep'ing users for their avatar, signature, how they spell, the language they posted in, what they've asked for etc and to be honest it's pathetic.

So to put a message across and make an example of these people all their rep has been reset to the same as a new member at 10.

The Reputation system is to be used to help show what a members value is to the community, not for when you want to be a complete moron and post crap about people and not even leave your name in the comment or even the thread itself.

We will be looking through the rep comments to see what others have been saying and if more are found to be doing this then they will also be reset.

Update #1:

Leaving negative reputation and then being pathetic enough to put someone elses name at the end will also not be looked upon kindly and we will find you as one member has already found out so again don't abuse the Rep system!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ive got some.. If any mod wants to check? From what i can tell ive got 3..

Edit: As much this is for people who -rep but what about people who abuse it by +rep'ing people?

Spreading rep so you can rep one or a few select people over and over again to boost your rep is also abusing the system. A few people have been contacted about this before and if we pick up on anymore of it happening we will contact said people.

As tool said many people abuse the system with "Spreading"

I've never had any -rep with rude comments, but its just a shame that some people have to find ways to abuse even the slightest feature on the forum, o well, at least they've been punished, lets hope it stops now.

just to correct you, they now repair E74 just like they do with RRoD, they extended the warranty of that to 3 years too now.

how did that deserve this?

e3nkk.jpg

helping = disrespect...

...obviously

In some cases where someone agrees with you but gives you -rep seems like they have no idea how to work it. Seeing people are posting theirs here is mine couple..I blured the titles of the thread as people may just -rep me again for posting this

untitled1_8.jpg

Makes you love TDUC more eh? :cheeky:

I got -repped and the person's reason was "Spreading".

And Diablo, when you say 10, you mean 10 points, not 10 power right?

Same i had neg rep for that reason, good thing is i can see who it's from, and yeah he means 10points, 10power would just be a bad move for some members haha.

You didn't get my point. Baldy said that the rep is decreased by ten points and Mb got lots of them off. Does that mean that he just got more off cause he abused more? :confused:

The rep is decreased to 10 points, which is the same amount as new members. Rep points is the number that shows up in your user control panel. That number for him is now down to 10. Rep power is the number you see next to your post.

And I'm going to stop there before I confuse us both even more.

I honestly didn't think people were this sad! I've been bad repped once, but that was justified having made comparisons between staff members and Nazi secret police. But hey whatever helps you kids feel big on the internet.