We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Skepsis: Nissan Skyline GT-R Sound

Skepsis

I'll keep this one short.:cheeky: Fresh out from NFS and into TDU to make those 4wd drifts juicier!;) It works nicely for R32/R33/R34 GT-Ruuuuuu!:lol:

Sound@

http://files.filefront.com/Skyline+gtr+soundzip/;13751470;/fileinfo.html

Mirror@

http://rapidshare.com/files/232630646/Skyline_gtr_sound.zip

Toegaaaay eend ritrr bit of dorriftooouu...:lol:ok,I'll stop now...

The Real Deal:drool:

p.s. There's just couple of weird things with this sound(TDU's fault). I couldn't make it on an other sound and just rename it,cuz then the turbo hiss stops at 7500rpm:confused:,so I did it over original,which then has it's own faults,like offmid sound which can't be synced(tonaly) with high/low/onmid samples at the same time,so in the end I left the amped up version of the original offmid sample,meh... Lastly, sometimes you can hear the BOV for split second AFTER you change gear which is due to how the car accelerates(it has a "hang moment" just after you change gears,anyhow,you probably wont even notice these things;),but there it is...Enjoy!

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing needs to be said except *Downloads*

Phenomenal work, as usual. This is definately the best Skyline sound out there. Easily

Thanks mate!:)

I'm actually not that happy with the quality of the samples,knowing what I started with,but that's tdu for you...anyway,it does sound close to the real thing, specially in the more interesting upper rpms ,so that's something;)

This sound is EAR RAPE! Nice work! +rep.

in from the computer out to SPDIF to 5.1 dolby digital (prologic 2 upmixed) optical passthrough from my Reciever, pumped up like your IN the car and my G25, this sound in UNREAL!

WOW, ever think of making a tuned Sti sound with a BOV?

Good lord dude, This sound is near that of PGR4...Excelent work...Bravo.

I also put this on The GTR R35, sounds good on it. just to give it that RB26 sound.. instead of the V36 sound..Which is nice, but it just cant beat the original Straight 6 sound.

+1

omg! finally ! GT-R sound!

Man, i love the way u drive! its so smooth and flawless like a racing driver (a good one)

Any chance of meeting you on the island?

Thank you for appreciating the fine art of racing lines!;):woot:

btw. normal mode in TDU sux!:cheeky:

+PM me.

This sound is EAR RAPE! Nice work! +rep.

in from the computer out to SPDIF to 5.1 dolby digital (prologic 2 upmixed) optical passthrough from my Reciever, pumped up like your IN the car and my G25, this sound in UNREAL!

WOW, ever think of making a tuned Sti sound with a BOV?

ear rape?? that's a first...but I like it!:twisted:

About the Impreza,apparently you've missed this then!;)

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=10559

Good lord dude, This sound is near that of PGR4...Excelent work...Bravo.

I also put this on The GTR R35, sounds good on it. just to give it that RB26 sound.. instead of the V36 sound..Which is nice, but it just cant beat the original Straight 6 sound.

+1

It looks like Eden needs to hire me for TDU2 audio unit!:lol::cheeky:

Downloading this without a shadow of a doubt. Excellent work again Skepsis, you never seem to amaze me. :D

+Rep

I never seem to amaze you?:sulk:;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Used it and i like it exactly what i wanted. :)

However if i may give you feedback i believe the sound is just abit crackly but as you have said your not happy with the samples you got thats my only really small issue and i can live with it.

Nice. Used it and i like it exactly what i wanted. :)

However if i may give you feedback i believe the sound is just abit crackly but as you have said your not happy with the samples you got thats my only really small issue and i can live with it.

Nice to see a 3D modder in this part of the forum:cheeky:. Anyhoo ,you're right ,I'm not completely satisfied with the sound ,but that's the best I could do with the samples I had(and with TDU's limitations,it's always going to sound say 30% worse:( than the original source of the sound). I think sound modding is rather more tricky than 3D modding in the sense that it's not exact ,you have your certain dimensions and shapes to replicate and it can be either right or wrong ,but with sounds ,everyone seems to hear them slightly different and even if you make a "perfect" one ,there'll be someone saying it has to be more like this or that. Also ,I wish I could have ,for example ,NFS samples there for the taking(cuz there are some great ones)and not go through the annoying recording phase ,which is that much harder ,because there are some extra sounds which you can't shut off ,so you have to avoid them and worse of all ,the NFS's controls suck hard ,so recording a steady sample is a pain really...uff,this reply got long quickly:o;)...Anyways ,enjoy my sound mods!:)

NFS's controls suck hard ,so recording a steady sample is a pain really...

Got a Logitech G25? Might help.. :cheeky: If i knew how to get good samples id give it a shot at trying to get some but i have no idea. :lol:

Got a Logitech G25? Might help.. :cheeky: If i knew how to get good samples id give it a shot at trying to get some but i have no idea. :lol:

I have Logitech's MOMO wheel ,so the problem isn't on my side ,but in controls implementation within the game ,in short ,most of the time it acts like it's digital(on/off) despite trying to dose the gas precisely with the pedal...:oook: