We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Volkswagen Scirocco R unveiled

Forbidden Fruit: 265-horsepower Volkswagen Scirocco R unveiled

imotorsciroccor.jpg

Don't get too excited if you're Stateside -- this puppy's a Europe-only treat. iMotor is first on the web with photos of the new Volkswagen Scirocco R. The UK publication had the slick blue hot hatch for an exclusive photo shoot, the embargo for which apparently lifted as the clock struck midnight GMT this evening. So, what do our friends across the pond get? Well, the Scirocco R features the Audi S3's 265-horsepower variant of the near-ubiquitous 2.0 TFSI engine, which sends power to the front wheels via either a 6-speed manual or DSG. In a bid to keep some semblance of control over all that front-drive juice, the Scirocco R gets the new XDS differential we'll be seeing in the redesigned 2010 GTI. Naturally, there are more aggressive fascias decorated with "R" badges fore and aft. The Scirocco R also benefits from a lowered suspension and upgraded brakes over the standard car. iMotor says that the VW Scirocco R will hit showrooms sometime this September priced from £26,000. VW hasn't made its official announcement as of yet, but we expect that info and additional photos to hit the wires by tomorrow morning. If we had to guess, the Scirocco R will be Veedub's headliner at the Wörthersee, along with Audi's Q5 Custom Concept. Stay tuned.

Sick, they've just made a great car better. :twisted:

You kidding? It's brilliant! That new front end is so good at being subtle yet aggressive. I love it, though i'd still rather have it in white...

http://www.autowp.ru/volkswagen/scirocco/iii/

What do you think about those tuned ones there? B&B, Je Design, MTM, Oettinger, Rieger, Sportec. All of them in white (which I love too), but which one do you prefer?

It's front wheel drive, doesn't have a V8, or produce 600bhp. I can't imagine most of America would be interested. Hot hatches are very much a euro thing.

Hot hatches, Station Wagons and I think compacts are a euro thing, while Muscle Cars, etc. are an american thing.

Hot hatches, Station Wagons and I think compacts are a euro thing, while Muscle Cars, etc. are an american thing.

Omg, how can you say that. You can be an American and still but a Rocco, same way there are many Challengers SRT/8 in Europe. Plus, Europe is full of exotic supercars. :cheeky:

^^ It's not a competition lol, Also SG, "Station wagons" are american, estates or tourers are european (similar things, just got different names...) :)

That scirocco looks amazing, i agree with koen, looks better in white, If that sounds as awesome as it looks, then :drool:

^^ It's not a competition lol, Also SG, "Station wagons" are american, estates or tourers are european (similar things, just got different names...) :)

That scirocco looks amazing, i agree with koen, looks better in white, If that sounds as awesome as it looks, then :drool:

sometimes I get confused by the names, since I see some american car websites and get confused. And most Europeans prefer say an S5, M3, etc. over a Challenger SRT8. There are some American's that like Hot hatches and Estates over Saloons. And there are some Europeans that like Muscle Cars and Europe is filled with Exotics because most of them are built there >.<

Have You Ever Wondered How Many american supercars they are that accualy made a name for its self? (exculding the SSC Ultamite aero). and how many european muscle cars accually made it?

European muscle cars? ewwww that doesn't sound right :p

anyways, I really like that rocco, too bad its never gonna come over here. Meh, tbh nothing ever gets in here, WTH? :mad:

anyways, I really like that rocco, too bad its never gonna come over here. Meh, tbh nothing ever gets in here, WTH? :mad:

Two Zonda F's have made it and are in a showroom somewhere near Sao Paulo. You wanna repeat that or have I proved you wrong? :p

You kidding? It's brilliant! That new front end is so good at being subtle yet aggressive. I love it, though i'd still rather have it in white...

-snip-

OMG those front lights are amazing dude!

--------------

Lol imo, they made it even better :D

But yeah.. FWD.. it definitely should be an AWD. Anyway, I read the XDS Differential was really good so it might not be that bad at all.

mod edit: Please don't quote images.

Believe it or not, the Toyota Celica originally started out as a Japanese Muscle Car, inspired by the Ford Mustang. there was also the Ford Capri(I think) which was inspired by the Mustang and was a European Muscle.