We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Development Status?

Eudemon

Alright so you have seen the new or old (from 2007/8) but new to us concept artwork but, how do we know the game we all want and anticipate greatly is actually being worked on right now by the guys and girls over at Eden Games and all the other companies that are involved? Well you look at the work the Developers, Artists and Level Designers are doing and see if they were kind enough to let us know, and you know what, a good few of them did!! :D

So without naming names I'm going to quote some work in progress and dates of work regarding Test Drive Unlimited 2 / TDU2.

Found 19th February 2010 - Confirms PS3 development for sure

tdu2_aiprogrammer.jpg

Probably the most telling find (apart from TD Next mentions)

Note: Programmer started with eden games in February 2009

gdresume_excerpt.gif

Lead Game Designer (still with eden*)

January 2008 - Present

- Test Drive Unlimited 2

Programmer (still with eden*)

September 2008 - Present

- Programmer on TDU2

Lead CG Character Artist (still with eden*)

June 2008 - Present

- Test Drive Unlimited 2

3D Artist (still with eden*)

March 2008 - Present

- Level Artist on TDU2

Programmer February 2008 (not at eden)

- Production of the game Test Drive Unlimited II as a programmer; made the weather effects

3D Programmer (no longer at eden)

2007 - 2008

- Weather effects Programmer

Level Artist (no longer at eden)

March 2007 - March 2008

- Test Drive Unlimited 2

Game/Level Designer (no longer at eden)

January 2007 - October 2007

- Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Xbox360/???)

* Creating/Tuning secondary missions not linked to main game story

* Character customisation

* Creating off-road tracks (with inhouse editor)

* Research on Background graphics

Graphics Programmer (still with eden*)

October 2005 - Present

3D programmer on Test Drive Unlimited 2:

- Night lighting

Online Lead (no longer at eden)

July 2004 - September 2007

- Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Xbox360/PC/???

Senior Level Designer (no longer at eden)

2004 - July 2007

- Game Design, Level Design, Satellite Data Processing on Test Drive Unlimited 2

Art Director (still with eden*)

July 2002 - Present

- Working on Test Drive Unlimited 2 [for] ???/Xbox360/PC

And a nice little excerpt from a CV

"Summer 2007, course last year, three months at Eden Games. 3D graphic designer on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Modelling, texturing, integrating objects, scenery and vegetation development of land areas; lighting in buildings. Vray/3dsmax, participation in pre-production of the game, etc.."

*Although their statuses may say that they are still currently at Eden it is not absolute, not to mention that a good few of the original team seem to have moved on and even setup their own studio in Lyon called Ivory Tower.

Well if this is the case and work is indeed going ahead with TDU2 or whatever they decide to call it, I am very optimystic that next year or maybe Xmas this yr we will see what we have all been waiting for, for so long now...

I know that whatever they throw at us we will accept with open arms as we are all so desperate to get our hands on just a demo let along the game itself.

The graphics sound like they are going to be amazing and the specs Im sure we will have no problems getting our systems up to scratch, I know mine will handle anything thrown at it LOL...

Getting my EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 next month, I cant wait woohoo..

My system spec then is:

Intel Q6600 quad core 2.40Mb

Asus Mobo P5Q pro

Corsair Ram 4gig

Sound Blaster Audigy 4

Then with my beast EVGA 260 core 216

on Windows 7 RC at the mo DX11

Steering with Logitech G25

Hahahahahahahaha god I want the game now come on Eden/Ivory

Getting my EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 next month, I cant wait woohoo..

I just got one of those. I think it's a gig, though, not sure. Or maybe 512. The motherboard of the computer it was going to go into is currently broken though. Just sent it back today. So I have yet to test it. :(

The motherboard worked for a bootup, but I didn't play any games the first time. Then I shut it off, and long story short, it's now disassembled.

The good news is, by the time TDU2's out, we'll all have probably updated our PC's twice! :P

Anyway, :excited: for the news again!

-Leadfoot

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose you could add these to the list:

2006-2008: Art Director and FX supervisor

Game : in working progress : Test Drive unlimited 2

Since June 2009 : Junior 3D Character Artist

Projet next-gen “Test Drive Unlimited 2”

;)

I never put any money on any in the past and this years e3 was a possibility but it wasn't concrete. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole Namco Bandai Partners thing through some plans out of sync also.

Who knows, maybe it's just wishful thinking these days.

I've foud this on a french site (gamekult) sorry but it's in french..

Le développeur français Eden Games devrait procéder à une série de licenciements économiques, comme l'ont manifestement appris les salariés du studio cet après-midi. D'après nos informations, de source interne, six employés seraient concernés par ces mesures.

Responsable des récents Alone in the Dark et Test Drive Unlimited, ou plus anciennement créateur des V-Rally, Eden s'affairerait, selon un salarié qui a demandé l'anonymat, sur deux projets parallèles, dont la suite de TDU ; tous auraient été touchés par ces coupes sombres. Le studio conserve néanmoins une centaine d'employés en interne. Sa direction n'était pas joignable ce soir pour commenter la nouvelle.

That's a shame for those 6 that will lose their jobs but 6 is not the whole studio, however who those 6 are remains to be seen. Interesting that they are/were working on 2 projects.

I hope Atari realise not to rush this game though as if they do there usual of just getting it out there it's not going to help them at all.

OK this is a translation of the post by "Philippeapo".....

To me it looks as it states about V-Ralley and TDU as well as alone in the dark, now these are now a couple of years old, so I suspect that after the 3 games release there was not much work for these people. It does not state who or what job they did? they could be PA's or something or even just clerical? lets face it though in todays climate a job loss is a loss and at a company like this where games companys are under the spotlight (Infinity Ward/Activision & CODMW2 pc Issues) any news is bound to hit the press.

Ok heres the Translation:

The French developer Eden Games is expected to make a series of redundancies, as has been clearly told employees of the studio this afternoon. According to our records, internal source, six employees would be affected by these measures.

Head of recent Alone in the Dark and Test Drive Unlimited, or oldest creator of V-Rally, Eden was busy, according to an employee who requested anonymity, two parallel projects, including the following TDU, all were affected by these cuts. The studio retains a hundred employees internally. His leadership was not reached tonight for comment.