We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Laps Nurburgring

SLRRR

At the preview drive of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gullwing in Germany, Editor-At-Large Arthur St. Antoine joined five-time German Touring Car (DTM) Champion Bernd Schneider in the SLS for an unforgettable hot lap around the 13-mile-long Nurburgring Nordschleife, the world's most fearsome and challenging racetrack. Strap in and hang on...

Note: the volume changes all the time, that's why you dont hear much off the V8

and the basic body shape has some Dodge Viper in it.
Haha no chance, the shape is heritage to the 300SL which is clear to see however the front they have really disappointed on as like you said it looks more Nissan GT-R than Mercedes. There's really something wrong with the front but the side and rear isn't too bad but I see 300SL and no Viper in this thing.

Nah, shape looks much more like the new Z4, especially in the back, front reminds a lot of the 300SL Gullwing. ;)

Edit : Diablo, yeah, side is ok, back too but front is just hideous, makes you wanna get off it's way as quickly as possible, so it won't eat you. :oook:

Edit 2 : Found another pic of it, side of it this time :

66767681_c44a63f073.jpg

• 1 month later...

I dunno... It's not really a stunner, but i suspect this is a car whose looks will grow on me... I mean, yes, some of the details are pretty ugly, but for some reason i like its stance, the way it sits on its wheels. I think a quick way to making this look better is too widen the headlamps and get rid of that air intake just beneath them

Not really my idea of great styling, but I think that may just be a first impression. No doubt that as it is around longer and (possibly) more vehicles in the Mercedes line start to look like it I will grow accustomed to it, but if it is only offered with an automatic then it is a total fail as far as I'm concerned.