We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear star to build Lego house

Nodz86

3 hours 28 mins ago

press.jpg?x=85&y=25&q=75&sig=Nxe12t7hWvt2_IJHcYyuMw--

May is planning to construct the two-storey building in Dorking, Surrey, with the help of volunteers.

He has even said he will live in the house, which will feature a staircase, toilet and shower, in the days after it is completed.

The house, in the Denbies Wine Estate, will be made from more than three million Lego bricks.

May is asking for donations of bricks from the public as he does not know exactly how many will be needed for the building day next Saturday.

He told BBC News Online: "I've got a man working on a flushing Lego lavatory. We think it's possible.

"Things like power supply, sanitation and plumbing coming into the house are as they could be for a real building - everything within my Lego house must as far as possible be Lego."

The project is being undertaken as part of BBC series James May's Toy Stories.

The Lego house follows the creation of a Plasticine garden at this year's Chelsea Flower Show, which won May the People's Choice Award.

Source

I loved lego as a kid and when I look at some of the stuff they are releasing now it is immense compared to what it used to be, especially the technic stuff. Wish I was 10 again.

So I'm looking forward to see what and how he does this as I loved lego and being in the buidling trade it will be interesting from both angles.

More info from the BBC with email add:

_46112840_james_may.jpg

James May plans to live in the Lego house for a weekend

Top Gear presenter James May is looking for volunteers to help him build a new house in Surrey - made entirely out of Lego bricks. As part of his BBC series James May's Toy Stories, he plans to build a two-storey house in the middle of the Denbies Wine Estate, in Dorking.

More than three million Lego bricks have been delivered to the site.

May will host a building day next Saturday, when members of the public can help him with the project.

The house will be life-size with a staircase, toilet and shower, and May said once it was completed he intended to live in it for a few days.

Appeal for bricks

He said although the house would be temporary, there had still been various "planning hoops" to leap through.

"I've got a man working on a flushing Lego lavatory. We think it's possible.

"Things like power supply, sanitation and plumbing coming into the house are as they could be for a real building... everything within my Lego house must as far as possible be Lego," he said.

May said although he already had thousands of Lego bricks, he could not be sure there would be enough.

"So if people do have bricks that aren't being used that they would be happy to donate to a very worthy pioneering Lego cause, then we'll be happy to take them off your hands."

The event follows two other successful toy challenges which saw May build what was said to be the world's first Plasticine garden, which won the People's Choice Award at the Chelsea Flower Show, and also the world's largest model plane.

Anyone interested in taking part in the Lego house build, or who has Lego bricks to donate, should e-mail [email protected]

_45795876_may.jpg

Two months ago James May built a garden out of plasticine

Source

• 1 month later...