We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Europe Vs North America

Jacob

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Take it this way : BMW 330i Sport/BMW M3 and Vette C6/Vette Z06. The difference between the first two is way bigger than between second two. Prove me wrong if you dare. :cheeky:

I think, and probably just me, that if you are seeing one coming towards you, the BMW would be harder to tell the difference because the corvette Z06 has a rather obvious scoop, and the base corvette doesn't, so, long story short, if you buy each in black, the BMW is easier, but in any other color, the Corvette.

I Choose the CTS-V have you seen its Pure SEX ON WHEELS! its the fastest sedan, Chrome just about everything 500+ Horsepower, to me the beemer is just a wanabe CTS-V Just with more settings.

If you like the M5 your basically saying Hello my name is Mr.*name shall be with held* and i like my lights to turn off in exactly 42 seconds.

Really, to give the M5 some credit, the CTS-V is faster, but, it's only been in production for 1 year now. THe current M5 is a dated design and a dated engine as well so it's performance it expected to be slower than the Cadillac. I'm sure the new M5 will be faster and may even be faster than the CTS. But, the CTS will still cost 20k less and that alone is an achievment.

I Choose the CTS-V have you seen its Pure SEX ON WHEELS! its the fastest sedan, Chrome just about everything 500+ Horsepower, to me the beemer is just a wanabe CTS-V Just with more settings.

If you like the M5 your basically saying Hello my name is Mr.*name shall be with held* and i like my lights to turn off in exactly 42 seconds.

Chrome on everything isn't exactly someone with taste would want you know? xD

And have you ever thought about the CTS-V being the wannabe-M5? It did come out earlier.

And its you're not your. :p:D

Chrome on everything isn't exactly someone with taste would want you know? xD

And have you ever thought about the CTS-V being the wannabe-M5? It did come out earlier.

And its you're not your. :p:D

But technically the CTS-V is faster and better looking so reallys its moved up a rank from wanabe to just as good or better, And dont people go saying " its american i has terrible handling" its fast around the nurburgring then the M5 and as we all know the 'ring is "handling" Curcuit.

I Hast Made My Ponit.

P.S dont Negitive Rep Me because when i made this thread i had full intentions of it being a small debate.

to me the beemer is just a wanabe CTS-V Just with more settings.

:facepalm:

Let's look at the statistics, shall we?

Cadillac - 2009

BMW - 2007

Please, if you do want to arrgue about the M5 copying the CTS, do not. ;)

I choose the M5, more luxurious, build quality is way better, it's quite cheaper to buy (as it's older and the chances to find one second-hand are way bigger), it has longer history than the CTS (E28 M5 launched in 1985) which means more expirience, awesome sound, powerful engine, still enough space on the back seats.

M5. Because JC says so. :)

I'm not sure how the CTS-V is faster though?

The BMW can do over 210mph (just) once its been desristricted, whereas the US 'pretender' only gets to 191?! ;)

Unless the track you are racing on is composed of many mile-or-2 long straights, top speed is quite irrelevant.

lol, then why are so many people here saying that the CTS-V is faster??

Not sure why the comparison is between the new CTS-V and the current M5 from 2005 though. The only real significant change in 09 specs is the updated iDrive system.

Don't even think about bringing in NerdBirdThing lap times because those are subject to so many variables they're almost irrelevant. Bearing in mind that numerous stock GTRs have lapped the ring with time differences of over 30 seconds.