We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Walking...

TimBud

I was driving around the glorious and soon to be evolving island of Oahu last night. TWM was there (was great to catch up matey! :) ) and even Mr Bad Company joined us before I realised I only had 5 hours before I had to get up.

Anyway, as is the norm when you play TDU these days, the subject of TDU 2 was raised and we discussed alot of things.

Mr BC started to talk more avatar options which I initially thought was quite lame because there's only so much hair dressing I can take. But then he corrected my assumption and said 'more options for the avatar, like being able to get out of the car'.

He joked about some TDU nuts who would probably park up at the NW lighthouse and walk all the way back to the Strip.

To which both TWM and myself said 'AWESOME'.

So what if it would take us many hours to get there, but when we did we'd call up Diablo on our avatar's cell phone and get him to come pick us up in his black RS6! TWM would sit in the front chatting about car stuff and abuse the passenger cam and I'd take the back seat whith one of those Oahu models... and probably just look at her too.

Fizzkid2000 would come along after a while and then we'd take a ride in his LM. But it wouldn't last long because for some strange reason his gas pedal is either off or on ;). And that makes for a very jerking and vomit inducing ride. :drool:

So we go back into Diablo's car, which by now has been swapped for a Maybach. This time TWM and I would take the back seats because there was a deck of UNO cards in there....

After a few more hours we be delivered back to our cars by which time it would be dark on Oahu and raining. So rather than drive in the dangerous conditions (which we're not used to) we'd just have a nice sit and wait it out.

I can't wait for TDU 2!

Haha, loving the thought that's gone into this. The passenger element is something I think a lot of people are after, I remember Diablo mentioned the idea of passenger cam once before and I have to agree, it'd be pretty cool. I honestly believe it would work, looking at the amount of time I have spent in GTA multiplayer being driven about by somebody else.

Not to steal the mood from Tim's post but I'd like to add to it.

Some things I like & agree with is the mobile phone, save your friends as contacts & if there no line phone them. It could be like a messanger thing. a phone screen will appear saying "TimBud" is online.... option, contact.

So u select contact & send him a SMS basically. "Hey I'm at the lighthouse. Damn TT ran out of fuel again! must have a leak (nice idea too). Can u pick me up?

5 minutes later

"Hey Devil, lol again, u really need to sell that car! Sure I'm about 10minutes out, 5 if I punch it =D!!!"

About 5 minutes later I hear Tim roaring closer. oh, he's in a F430.... nice

"So where too?"

Hmm... I really need to sell the TT and get a new car. Can u take me to the Trading centre (Where Auctions take place to buy cars off the Trade).

"no prob! Fast or slow"

"Hmm...."

But I covered the general Idea, I like it, AAA friends, in ferrari's.... I like!

HOPE this is in TDU 2.... passange view... I wonder if we can set fares too =D

RD

Tim that is genius mate, +rep. Me in a Maybach though, nope, now a Phantom or Quattroporte (even better would be an Estoque!!), hell yeah!

You have a great idea with the mini-games in the back however I don't think you could get Uno, but how about classic Atari titles like Centipede and stuff? lol

PS: Of course I'd need you guys to chip in for fine money, you know how it is. :cheeky:

Classic Atari games would be just fine with me.

Would be nice to be able to stream movies and music into the back too.

A Phantom/Estoque/Quattroporte would be fine with me too, but I'll have to check with TWM. He can be a bit of a snob at times.

No issues chipping in for fines too, I should really pay you back for the ones you've got because of MCW and me anyway. :rolleyes:

A Phantom/Estoque/Quattroporte would be fine with me too, but I'll have to check with TWM. He can be a bit of a snob at times.

Yea, too right. Nothing less than a private jet will do. However in this extreme circumstance I'll step down to a Phantom.

I'm really starting to grow on the idea!

But if we have passangers, we will need more avatars, instead of the 6 that came with TDU, 3 guys, 3 girls.

We would need maybe 20 different, or maybe a custom avatar creator so we can have ourselves in the game? :nanananana:

Feedback? Custom avatar creator?

RD

If you could walk, people would be extremly immature and be like, "I'm going to try and run him over." But that'd be really cool if you could park your car in a diner or car park and it would have a "walk zone" where you could essentially have a car meet. :thumbsup:

If you could walk, people would be extremly immature and be like, "I'm going to try and run him over." But that'd be really cool if you could park your car in a diner or car park and it would have a "walk zone" where you could essentially have a car meet. :thumbsup:

That to.:thumbsup:

Now that would be sooooo cool, Meet at a Caf'e and have a car meet....

Meet at a Caf'e and walk in and see your friends there waiting for your big entrance....(slow motion cam) LOL...

Then a Cam picks us all up leaving the Caf'e and going to the different cars....

It would bve cool to be able to have a passenger maybe a Nooby that dont know the roads and the people in the game, what a cool way to get to know people?

Have them as a passenger and chat away...

And if there is a particular person you like in the game Er herm!! maybe opposite sex? take them out and do ya thing in game? not like GTA IV with the prostitutes though...

So that any chat in the cars is private!!!

Thoughts and Ideas to WWW.

Na only kidding with the web thing, but can you just imagine the amount of time it would take them to make such a game????? we will all be dead and our grand kids would be waiting for it LOL saying the same stuff as us?

But 1 thing Im sure about there is never smoke without fire...So if the whispers are true then the game will be out next year, as they are working very hard at the development of TDU2 or whatever name they give it?

This is an excellent idea! :)

It would allow for some Top Gear-type events to be held too. I.e., one player could organize an event and set criteria (SUVs, reasonably priced cars, cars from the 70s, etc.), then those who join could be told on the spot what the challenge/ event was (going from point A to point B for example). :nuts:

or even better foot traffic and cyclists you can run over :nuts: and traffic that can run over you :ill:

tough that'll make it a bloody game

This is probably one of the most interesting threads going in the suggestions forum haha :D passenger idea is absolutely brilliant and walking around would just make the game so much more immersive.

I cant really add much more to the discussion apart from saying "nice ideas all round!" ;)

• 3 months later...

I, for one, would enjoy this. Maybe picking up your friend at the airport (who just started the game or coming back from somewhere else) to save him from a overpriced, smelly cab ride or renting a car. Maybe even just taking a bus back, or taking friends with you to the real estate office or car dealer for their opinion on the car or house. Or maybe taking a friend over to your place because they can't afford their own house.