We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modder Title Almost Being Given Away

T3hReaper91

Well its been annoying me for some time now...

When i started modding i worked hard to get my mods to a high standard and i still do.

By the time i received my modders badge i had 3 mods under my belt and released. These were getting hundreds of downloads a day at the time.

Even now i work hard to improve my mods to keep them of the highest standard and it is not an easy task.

But now it just seems that people can come along and make half of a mod and they get there modders badge. I just see people begging to get a modders badge so they can get recognized.

Basically what im saying is that the modder group seems to be getting larger by one hit wonders. I say that people should show there worth in modding before getting there modders badge no matter how much they moan.

Yea, you're right. Modder status should be revoked from those who don't continue to produce mods. The status helps community members direct their queries at the members most suited to answering them, and obviously the more active and dedicated a modder is the more knowledge they will have accumulated.

Unrelated note: Nice to see no more capitalising the first letter of each word. :)

I've seen this with a couple of people who haven't done much since to be fair.

+1

*Puts on flame suit*

I do think people are getting it way to easy. I'm proud to have a modder status, however when I see others getting it pretty easy just by doing either 1 mod and or 2, it makes me look at all the cars I released and think sometimes "wtf" I really don't like it when people beg in their signature or put a fake modder status up as a custom user title.

Thats all im gonna say about the issue.. :)

Hmmh, i don't think it has to do with quantity, but more to do with Quality. I mean if someone made 1 brilliant mod, that thousands downloaded, i think thats worth a modder title.

Well, not necessarily to do with quantity, but if someone put a lot of effort into a mod etc. So it's more to do with a contribution to the community

I agree, some people made 1 good mod then left with a modder badge never to mod again or offer support. *cough**points at who did it*

In my opinion, modder status should only be given to members who have made a few good mods and are showing willingness to carry on with the mods and offer support for them.

I think I've only put two people in the modder group and they are still here producing good, high quality mods.

I'm going to look through the modder usergroup now and remove anyone from it who hasn't been active for over a month or have not made a mod or contributed in over a month. It seems fair to me. It's one thing getting the badge, but another thing keeping it.

I think "2CV Super GT" should have a modders badge, his most recent mod has amazing quality.

I would disagree but there again i look at is as a Modder myself and can see certain things others wouldn't.

Anyway thanks Mellors for looking at it but maybe Diablo could post his views and get some strong guidelines in place with what is happening to Modder status

if i may, could i suggest a possible solution to this?

have 2 ranks of modders

1- apprentice modder, title to stay until their 10th mod has been posted

2- master modder, for those with 11+ mods to their name

and of course have appropriate name colors to designate who is which rank

I would disagree but there again i look at is as a Modder myself and can see certain things others wouldn't.

Modding does not just involve 3D modelling you know. It can be anything from texture mods to 3D models to DB editing. So lighten up a bit, just because you make new cars for the game does not make you any better or superior to any other modder, member or staff member. The same goes for everyone here.

Mods are mods, they all aim to do the same thing, make the game more enjoyable for people. Yet you seem intent on putting other modders down which on occasions has made potential modders leave before they get their chance to shine on here.

Anyway thanks Mellors for looking at it but maybe Diablo could post his views and get some strong guidelines in place with what is happening to Modder status

There are no need for strong guidelines about it. there were only 3 or 4 that I took the badge off of. Two of which haven't been active in over a year and the other two only made one mod and haven't been on for months.

The Mod Section Is A Thing Of The Past... Full Of Idiots And Most Of The So Called Modders Can't Even Mod.

That is one of the most arrogant signatures I have seen here. Stop looking down your nose at everybody because as I just said, you are no better than anyone else here. And to be honest, that just makes you look like an idiot yourself for actually putting other people down. What did they do to you to deserve to be called idiots? Nothing.

Modding does not just involve 3D modelling you know. It can be anything from texture mods to 3D models to DB editing. So lighten up a bit, just because you make new cars for the game does not make you any better or superior to any other modder, member or staff member. The same goes for everyone here.

Mods are mods, they all aim to do the same thing, make the game more enjoyable for people. Yet you seem intent on putting other modders down which on occasions has made potential modders leave before they get their chance to shine on here.

There are no need for strong guidelines about it. there were only 3 or 4 that I took the badge off of. Two of which haven't been active in over a year and the other two only made one mod and haven't been on for months.

That is one of the most arrogant signatures I have seen here. Stop looking down your nose at everybody because as I just said, you are no better than anyone else here. And to be honest, that just makes you look like an idiot yourself for actually putting other people down. What did they do to you to deserve to be called idiots? Nothing.

All i was doing is saying my opinion...

Evidently it don't count so i wont post anymore. Im trying to make the mod shop a better place as tbh it doesn't run that smoothly.

But ahwell ill keep my ideas to myself. Maybe ill just PM them to diablo.

All i was doing is saying my opinion...

Evidently it don't count so i wont post anymore. Im trying to make the mod shop a better place as tbh it doesn't run that smoothly.

But ahwell ill keep my ideas to myself. Maybe ill just PM them to diablo.

You were stating your opinions by calling other members idiots. That's insulting them. I know for fact that you'd moan as soon as someone did that to you. In fact, you have before, on more than one occasion.

Your opinions do count. I never stated or implied otherwise.

You can make the mod shop better yourself by being less arrogant in there. Stop jumping down new modders throats. So what if they use part of one of your mods. You got it from another game in the first places in most cases. Who are you to accuse someone of stealing?

And IMO, you need to change your attitude to other members, and do it quick.

I have to agree with MellyWelly here.

The Mod Section Is A Thing Of The Past... Full Of Idiots And Most Of The So Called Modders Can't Even Mod.
This is full of pure win!!! :lol: :lol: But for all the wrong reasons. You realise that arrogant statements like that do have a severe detremental impact upon member reputations. No matter how long or hard you work on your mods.

And IMO, you need to change your attitude to other members, and do it quick.

But he's been told this before ...

I have to agree with MellyWelly here.

This is full of pure win!!! :lol: :lol: But for all the wrong reasons. You realise that arrogant statements like that do have a severe detremental impact upon member reputations. No matter how long or hard you work on your mods.

But he's been told this before ...

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: You agreed with Mellors haha.

And another one to agree, but this isn't helping the modshop. I still welcome your ideas and feedback Reaps.

Why not delete this thread?

im just stating my opinion and getting moaned at.

All i said was that i look at mods differently as a modder myself and i look at them differently to most users. This way i do pick out things others dont.

If you really want to reply back then why not delete the thread instead?

[E] Ill be sending my ideas in a PM to admins in the morning

You've reported to us on several occasions when someone says something critical about yourself, expecting us to remove it, so I find a statement calling other people "idiots" in your signature to be somewhat hypocritical. I've taken the liberty of removing it, hope you don't mind.

To be honest, there's people out there in this world who will never change and will continue to see the world as they do. Even if it does annoy or upset or even make people laugh. I think Reaper's one of the people who are like that.

I feel the best way to sort this out would be just to ignore them, then nobody will react and they will learn the hard way and hopefully will change. And I think Reaper's threatened to quit modding quite a few times but always come back when its died down.

This is all my opinion so if you want to delete this or ban me or anything, then please do and I'll understand if it is the wrong thing to say.