We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

** Forza 3 Demo - First Impressions **

iLLGT3

Tell me what you think of the FM3 demo.

For me, I like it, has a nice feel and I love the clutch.

There's a few bugs but it'll all be sorted out. :D

----------------------------------------------------

forza3.jpgHey! You could Save on Forza Motorsport 3 with our Affiliates!

In the UK/Europe?

Buy Forza 3 Limited Edition from Shopto.net

Buy Forza 3 from Shopto.net

shame theres no driting on the demo too

Forza won't have drift physics like NFS, it will be the same physics no matter what. So take the Ferrari and get practicing. It's not hard..

If you go into the hotlap mode, (press Y instead of A at the track selection screen) there will be unlimited laps and no traffic. Press left on the D-Pad to turn the drift scoring on. :)

Hope it makes sense. :)

Slightly disappointed with this really. Seems that they've made it more forgiving than Forza 2. The cars grip harder and longer before oversteering. Feels weird though, like, grip-grip-grip-grip-whoa!-slide. Just not as progressive as Forza 2. It's kinda like the diff between PGR 3 and 4 really... Physics wise I think I prefer Forza 2, but 3 does look a lot nicer

If you go into the hotlap mode, (press Y instead of A at the track selection screen)

Thanks for that, I hadn't realised you could hotlap. I'll give it a go later.

I would +rep but I know you're not fond of that. Would you like some -rep instead?

the hotlapping is great.

i think i like the physics, i went back to FM2 and realised how much it is like driving on ice. seeing the challenger drive properly in front of you in the mini is something amazing, never happens in F2 :lol:

also, no drifting my arse!

I think everyone is just used to the dancing on ice nature of FM2. In the demo, when you look at the speedo you often realise you're not actually going very fast at all (80mph on the uphill in the Evo X after the big sweeper corner) so it's normal for the car to be pretty tame, however pusing the limit is pretty testing, and i think the physics are improved form 2 when going back now.

I think everyone is just used to the dancing on ice nature of FM2. In the demo, when you look at the speedo you often realise you're not actually going very fast at all (80mph on the uphill in the Evo X after the big sweeper corner) so it's normal for the car to be pretty tame, however pusing the limit is pretty testing, and i think the physics are improved form 2 when going back now.

I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet, but FM2 is like driving on ice. If you understeer or oversteer...it seems too gradual....

Personally the graphics are brilliant, but the physics of the game are simply like NFS.

However they are not.. I think you have been playing NFS:Shift too much.. :lol:

----------

About that.. Thats actually what I have noticed. Alot of people who played NFS Shift then downloaded the Forza 3 demo are saying forza 3 is all of a sudden arcade. Which makes me :facepalm: alot, then people use the excuse of saying "Seeing they have added new driving aids etc and rewind its no longer a sim" Thats just pure crap. Its just a feature so anyone can jump in and play, a 65 year old cannot play Race pro cause it would just cause problems or even 10 year olds in most cases, its there for other people who want to use it if you don't like it don't use it. :)

Specially when people use a Ferrari California and say it doesn't feel like it, c'mon who has driven a California then Forza 3 here.. That is actually on the forum. No one. (Well no one that can prove it)

I felt like saying that finally so im am glad i let that out. So -rep if you want couldn't care less. :bananahello:

(I've also had to use a smiliey just so i don't seem like a arse)

(80mph on the uphill in the Evo X after the big sweeper corner)

Pardon WHAT!?!?

I come out of that sweeper with a good 85mph, probably nearer to 90mph but never look at the speedo at that speed. :p

If you mean the long uphill straight, you should be pushing close to 100mph.. 90mph in the Mini. :p

You're slooow! :D

ps. I went on a Mini adventure and your time is history Dodges. :) Try again. :)

I would +rep but I know you're not fond of that. Would you like some -rep instead?

-rep will do. :P

:dontcare:

I'm not sure on the damage engine. Perhaps I haven't wrecked the car severely enough but the damage looks pretty poor to me. I hit the wall in my R8 going about 90 and it gets slightly dented whilst looking like someone has drenched the car in paint stripper. : /

I'm not sure on the damage engine. Perhaps I haven't wrecked the car severely enough but the damage looks pretty poor to me. I hit the wall in my R8 going about 90 and it gets slightly dented whilst looking like someone has drenched the car in paint stripper. : /

But remember that the cars are meant to be driven,not to be crashed,right? ;)