We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Royal Mail Industrial Action and ShopTo

Eudemon

2m0i1s.jpg

If you haven't heard then the workers union who is behind the Royal Mail have to post notice of strike action 7 days before they take it. Rumours are circulating that it could be announced on the 15th for strike action to take place on the 22nd October for a couple of days or more. And as you can imagine this would seriously disrupt deliveries being awaited from Royal Mail so if you have ordered Forza Motorsport 3 from ShopTo you should get you arse to their site and change the postage to the newly added UKMail option.

UKMail are a courier who will deliver straight to your door outwith the Royal Mail and it's guaranteed Next Day delivery! The cost is an extra £1.99 (introductory offer £2.99 afterwards) and is simply added when via the option shown on your preorder.

You don't have to do this and you can risk the free Royal Mail Recorded Delivery if you wish but for the extra monies it seems worth it.

Due to the recent industrial action by Royal Mail causing disruptions to

the postal service throughout the whole of the UK, ShopTo have teamed up

with UKMail to offer a guaranteed next day delivery service for your gaming

needs. We understand that it can be an annoying time for online shoppers

during postal strikes, so that's why we have partnered up with UKMail to

guarantee delivery of your goods the next working day.

Delivery costs just £1.99 and allows you to track your goods from our

ShopTo Warehouse all the way to your front door. You can even receive SMS

Messages to inform you of when your items have been dispatched from us and

UKMail. You're now able to change your pre-orders to take advantage of this

service, however if you wish we still offer the Free 1st Class Recorded

Delivery service from Royal Mail.

This is a special promotional price during the Royal Mail strikes;

thereafter the service will cost £2.99.

Update 19/10/09

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may have seen in the news there is currently industrial action planned by Royal Mail for this THUSRDAY & FRIDAY. As a result we will be charging your card and shipping your game out tomorrow to try and reduce any disruption caused by this.

Despite this early shipping there is still the potential for problems so would like to remind you of the new UKMail next day delivery courier option we have recently implemented. Delivery costs just £1.99 and allows you to track your goods from our ShopTo Warehouse all the way to your front door. You can even receive SMS Messages to inform you of when your items have been dispatched from us and UKMail.

We'd encourage you to switch to this delivery method for your pre-order if you're concerned about your game being delayed. To do this click "view" on the pre-order basket once logged in and next to your game select UKMail Next Business Day from the delivery drop down menu bar.

How to use and full details of the UKMail service can be found via the link below. Please note this service is only available for our UK customers.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=info-ukmail

Your pre-order will be charged and shipped tomorrow so if you'd like to switch your shipping method please do so now.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo.Net Team

[/Quote]

Considering all Royal Mail Recorded Delivery is still delivered properly, why bother?

When the RM go on strike, alot of postmen still work those days, FYI. Delivering Recorded and Special deliveries. Or so I have been told from a fair few postmen.

I'm not too bothered about postal strikes anyway, if it comes a few days late, it comes a few days late. What's a few days gonna make a difference after waiting so long?

I guess it won't make any difference to you anyway, considering you call it Forza 2.8, you can't be that anxious to get it, maybe the extra few days wait will be good for you, give you some extra time to go for a drive in a real car so you have something to go off next time you start saying how unrealistic driving physics are.

Nipper no idea why you're trying to make a big deal out of this but a good number of people work and have family commitments, the game releases on Friday meaning those that work may have the weekend off, so they can play and then go out at night. Sunday play some more then the working week begins again.

Now if the game is late sure it's not a huge issue but when you have other commitments and work then time can be something you don't have much of.

That's all.

I'm not making a big deal about it, mainly cos I don't believe the strike will happen, as there has been no confirmation either way yet, so it may or may no happen.

If it does happen, then it's poor timing for it. If not, wonderful. But it's still going to happen at some point, sooner is better than later in my opinion, as I kind of need the postal service to be running nearer to christmas so I can make money.

I will wait a few weeks for a game if it means I can make some money in the future.

That's my point of view on it.

I heard on the news that Royal Mail had actually made a decent operating profit in the last financial year, which surprised me. Given that Christmas is approaching now didn't seem a wise time for industrial action, that said taking action during a quiet time of year wouldn't be as effective. I guess it's lose lose.

Doesn't effect me personally as most of the items I buy online come via separate companies.

Not very, however the main issue is where items are sent and passed through. Example out of 8 pieces of Recorded Mail I sent in the last 2 weeks, 6 have arrived next day, 1 in 5 days but 1 looks lost though I need to wait 15 working days before bringing it to their attention!!

Realise guys changing your order and such doesn't benefit TDUC in any way, if you've went with them for your purchase then we thank you hugely and appreciate it. However with the likelihood of the strike we're just giving you a headsup that there is a guaranteed alternative if you do want the game before or at most on the day of release.

In the past 6-7 months I have sent over 10,000 packages with Royal Mail, and never had a trouble.

They are normally fine, atleast for business users.

No point hating on Royal Mail cos everyone else is doing it, if everyone else was jumping in front of buses, would you join in?

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may have seen in the news there is currently industrial action planned by Royal Mail for this THUSRDAY & FRIDAY. As a result we will be charging your card and shipping your game out tomorrow to try and reduce any disruption caused by this.

Despite this early shipping there is still the potential for problems so would like to remind you of the new UKMail next day delivery courier option we have recently implemented. Delivery costs just £1.99 and allows you to track your goods from our ShopTo Warehouse all the way to your front door. You can even receive SMS Messages to inform you of when your items have been dispatched from us and UKMail.

We'd encourage you to switch to this delivery method for your pre-order if you're concerned about your game being delayed. To do this click "view" on the pre-order basket once logged in and next to your game select UKMail Next Business Day from the delivery drop down menu bar.

How to use and full details of the UKMail service can be found via the link below. Please note this service is only available for our UK customers.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=info-ukmail

Your pre-order will be charged and shipped tomorrow so if you'd like to switch your shipping method please do so now.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo.Net Team

[/Quote]

People on Express delivery should have the game on Wednesday. RM delivery could be any time on or after Thursday.