We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

SAW III???

Eudemon

SAW III?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. SAW III?

• Yes, I want that M6!
    • No thanks.

Hey guys, as you know last month we had what could have been the last Support and Win draw due to the threat of costs and such overwhelming us. Well with the current month looking the way it is it looks like the models were in some small way enticing you guys to support us so we are considering doing a late SAW for this month to stop us from risking disappearing due to next months hosting costs.

Plus if you haven't heard vBulletin's reputation is being destroyed by their new owners in that they are forcing people to pay for something they cannot see, test and download or risk having to pay double afterwards!! I know this isn't your problem but we really need your help and if SAW helps this along then we're all for it.

Note though this thread is to gauge reaction to a possible SAW III and the prize we have in mind is another high quality Kyosho model; the BMW M6.

2yv086t.jpg

So what you think?

Please note that those of you who have, do and choose to support us will not be forgotten, it may take us some time to get round to it but we have a few plans and ideas we want to test out and aim for and if these and other things work out then you guys will not be forgotten. Trust me on that! :D

I'd rather the site did well than have a little car

+1 I think it's funny how everyone were saying yea, we're upto donating on a regular basis SAW or no SAW. Yet hardly anyone has this month knowing there is no prize.

I'll be donating later this month if I have the money or double next month if I can't this month.

So would we but the old adage rings true still; you can't have something for nothing.

The quality models do seem to inspire the competition and generous spirit.

That's all well and good but even last month when we had the draw, the site only just scrapped enough for the hosting + the model and that's only because of baldy's generosity

This poll ends today so please get your votes in!

Also I can get the M6 in White if that sways you a bit more. We really need your help this month if you want us to not only continue next month but also after the 29th January 2010!!

See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 for why.

Basically we need to pay $130 for a suite we can't see or test before the end of this month or pay $195 in January to keep using this forum software or $235 for the suite!! :mad:

Or please give us your suggestions for other options and software we could look at.

2010 is going to be a hell of a year.

Go for the upgrade, take the site down for a few day's to sort it all then re-open all fresh and new.

Now diablo i know you want to give something back but my advice: wait until the turn over is £+ don't lose money, because eventually the site will have to close.

SAW could return, but unfortunetly you have to make decisions that the whole community may not agree with, in order to keep this site open.

I've said it before, and I'll most properly say it again. I'd rather the site lived than I had a little car.

Taking the site down doesn't have to be done Woody, like I said the debacle of vBulletin is it's new owners are basically trying to milk it's loyal customers for money by the end of this month by offering them a cut price on the next version that we cannot actually test or see!!

Basically Pay Now and Download whenever we get the software completed which could be anywhere from 2-6 months believe it or not.

They are getting rid of the old licensing structure which was Owned and Leased Licenses. Now it's purely Owned for the whole duration of that version until it is End of Lined (EOL). However what many are fearing is that the discount on the Suite is there it hook you in and then when vB5 comes along you will have to pay whatever they want to continue using it. It's completely messed up and they have totally disregarded the community rapport and loyal following that many communities have for Jelsoft and vBulletin.

They are effectively culling the small and going after the big business and enterprise sectors where $300 is nothing to their yearly budget. They seem to forget that vBulletin has 10,000's of small to medium communities that do it for the hobby or for fun and can't afford to fork out money all the time and at this amounts.

It's seriously splitting the fanbase up and I see now the forums are under maintenance and such and probably even a new domain or namechange, Internet Brands (IB) the new owners are killing everything Jelsoft built up in almost 10 years.

As you have probably guessed we decided not to go with SAW III. We're just going to ride out next month and see what happens.

As for the future that's just something that we will have to deal with when it comes to it.

The fairest choice. I think people here can live without a car model. When the forum is financially stable, then you can think of another SAW. :)