We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i add a gear to a car just by putting a gear ratio value in the 7th gear box?

No, you also need to change number of gears.

I am unsure about online, I may test later.

hey dredgy any idea whats going on with my .net issues?

You have not told me what they are.

It seems like theres something wrong with your code...

I doubt it. TDUPE itself will only crash (and not load at all) if a).NET framework is incorrectly installed or b)Something is different or wrong with the TDU installation such as not being able to locate an installation directory.

My current build of TDUPE runs fine on .NET 2.0 btw so if you can run Djey's tools you can run TDUPE.

Just added a 7th gear to my Corvette C6 Coupé (Have the M5 on there) together with real life gear ratio's and it works perfectly. Also changed the RPM and the RPM limiter.

Worked online for me. :)

Guest LeetPix

Acceleration (acceleration multiplier)

Drag

Handling

Oversteer

All of suspension

All of those work online too, it was fun making a CCR go 0-100 in 0.01s and fly online.

What IS THE ERROR?

I can't do anything if I don't know what is wrong. You say it's not working on Win 7 x64...well it is here. Working fine here on Win 7 32, Win XP Pro, Windows Server 2003 R2 64, Win Vista 64 and Vista 32.

That's not an error with the .NET framework, the TDUPE can't load your databse file - so your installation directory is most likely configured incorrectly or something is wrong with your database. Please post the contents of TDUEditor.exe.config and your TDU installation directory.

Just get out of TDUPE and restart it. Then try again.

Ok that helped. But now i got another problem. I want to change the revlimiter from 6500 to 8000 but it wont work. I save it like that but when i load the car again it's still 6500. The problematic car is the Golf R32.

Ok that helped. But now i got another problem. I want to change the revlimiter from 6500 to 8000 but it wont work. I save it like that but when i load the car again it's still 6500. The problematic car is the Golf R32.

Sounds like you didn't click "Save Data" and only clicked 'Save'... :lol:

I've kind of given up on it. I've had tonnes of submissions and none meet my standards. A few I've received just stop (like hitting a brick wall) at 407kph, one did this in 6th and just stuck, but when I changed into 7th it got faster.

Hi Dredgy,

I guess you're probably sick of testing Veyron mods now, but I've spent a LOT of time tweaking and testing Veyron physics (probably 30+hrs) and I think I've got it as good as is possible within the limitations of the TDU engine. I haven't made it into a proper TDUPE packaged mod yet (I'm planning to do a proper package as soon as I can get motivated & the physics section is up), but if you're interested I can give you the raw (decrypted) db.bnk/TDU_CarPhysicsData.db numbers if you want to try them.

Edit: I tried to run TDU PE, but I'm getting a .net error: "No value given for one or more required parameters". Any ideas what's causing this?

This doesn't look right to me in the TDUeditor.exe.config file:

<TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="locality" serializeAs="String">

<value>US</value>

</setting>

<setting name="tdupath" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

</TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

Hello.

I have a problem with the "Turbocharged?" feature again.

This time it's the Audi RS4. I deactivated it, restarted TDUPE and activated it back than restarted TDUPE again to see if it worked. So Turbocharged? was ticked by ingame there was no spool.:confused:

Edit: A friend of mine told me that it seems to be working for him.

What am I doing wrong?

I am having the same problem as electro. Here is the contents of the config file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="TDUeditor.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="TDUeditor.Properties.Settings.carDataConnectionString"

connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\carData.mdb;Persist Security Info=True"

providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />

</connectionStrings>

<userSettings>

<TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="locality" serializeAs="String">

<value>US</value>

</setting>

<setting name="tdupath" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

</TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

There's no directory listed. My install path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited

I can get into the program change stuff around and save data but when I go to save car that's when the error comes up. Also if I hit save data then move onto a different car when I come back to the previous one the values have gone back to stock.