We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why when I change top speed of SLR in this case to about 380 km/h

Read the tool tip, it's overridden by horsepower. So either make it lighter (not too light though or else there will be nothing keeping it on the ground so it won't go too fast) or give it more horsepower.

I've made it lighter and more powerful earlier, before posting my problem. No effects :\ Maybe it will work on other car.

@EDIT

I tried to tune a Corvette. I gave it 10k RPM, 398 km/h, 1350 kg, 938 horse power and still nothing :< It seems to block on a base speed or something Oo'

hey

You know what dredgy?? i think that you should make a car setup guide for n00bs like me. i know you must have put alot of work into this tool but theres bits and bobs that i dont understand like for example ive given the alpha 500 bhp and 500 ftlb of torque and nothing more, ive replicated the enzos suspention stiffness but the car turns slowly, why is this happening?? im still trying to figure it out by changing things. As for the asthetic valuse when we say width are we talking about the width of the tyre or the entire car???

Thanks and again sorry for being a n00be and a pain in the bum

ive replicated the enzos suspention stiffness but the car turns slowly, why is this happening??

Suspension stiffness is just one factor. That's why there is an entire tab devoted to cornering performance, the boxes for "handling", "oversteer" and "steering sharpness" are all particularly key players.

However, I have driven Alfa Romeos before, and they certainly do not go around corners like an Enzo.

As for the asthetic valuse when we say width are we talking about the width of the tyre or the entire car???

Width of the car. It's a car editor, not a tyre editor :p

No, you are not banned. When I say kicked, I mean kicked.

And no need to create a new account cause it doesn't edit by account, so if totally destroys one account, it totally destroys them all.

It doesn't edit save files at all - just DB.bnk and DB_US.bnk

When you're kicked from the server, it will say "You have been disconnected due to an incoherence in the game data." However, I'm not sure what happens after multiple incidents!

Also, for those seeking realism - increasing the weight helps solve the TDU why-is-my-car-seem-so-easy-to-move-around problem. I'm sure not many of you noticed, but when you nail the throttle, the engine doesn't really strain to reach 150 miles an hour - even in an Audi. It will get you kicked off the server online, though...

-Leadfoot

Dredgy, thank you so much for providing this awesome tool for the TDU player community. It is invaluable to be able to tweak cars so that they are more like reality. Some of us have actual experience with some of these automobiles, and know far too well when their game representations aren't quite right.

The reason I'm posting however, is because, I was wondering if I might be able to appeal to you on behalf of the bike riders among us (and we are many). All I drive are the bikes, and I was disappointed to see them left out. If it wouldn't be too hard to add them in, could you please do so? The Supersport and Ninja 1200 are both in dire need of help, and your performance tool is the only thing I see which could possibly redeem this situation. Anyone who's actually drove a Ninja 1200 can tell you, it performs WAY better, and is much quicker, in real life.

If this is something you can't do, or simply not interested in doing, perhaps you could tell me how I might go about modifying the bikes myself? I would just need to know what app/program to use to be able to open those files and read/edit them properly. Everything I have, they just look like a bunch of symbols and gibberish.

I assure you sir, almost half the players online this morning were on bikes, so I'm sure there would be a lot of grateful players if you could please do this for us. I simply find the bikes easier to drive than the cars (for most, it's the other way around lol).

For all those who agree with me, please chime in, and perhaps we can find a way to get performance editing for our 2 wheeled fun-machines as well!

Once again, thank you very much for your hard work, and it is going to good, legitimate use, to enhance player's experience in this game. You, sir, are a hero. My RUF RGT thanks you, from the bottom of it's oilpan.

Some of us have actual experience with some of these automobiles, and know far too well when their game representations aren't quite right.

Yup. So do I.

appeal to you on behalf of the bike riders among us (and we are many)

Just so you know, I am a businessman. Therefore I have no empathy :p

If this is something you can't do, or simply not interested in doing,

The latter. It's actually my vengeance for failing my motorbike test. As well as for my neighbour, who goes to work on his bicycle (despite having 4 cars) at 6 in the morning.

I assure you sir, almost half the players online this morning were on bikes

I know, they keep trying to race me, it's somewhat annoying.

? I would just need to know what app/program to use to be able to open those files and read/edit them properly.

Wait for next release, it has bike editing. Though only so I can replace bikes with cars...

You can also download TDUUT from my website which will decrypt .db files:

http://tdupe.com/guide_tduut.htm

Changing the names is something you should do with Djey's ModTools, not the performance editor. >_> TDUPE can do that, just not as easily as the ModTools.

In 2.0 it is much easier to use my tools :D It creates nonexistant names and everything. But for now, just use Djey's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10525&stc=1&d=1261113447

Changing the names is something you should do with Djey's ModTools, not the performance editor. >_> TDUPE can do that, just not as easily as the ModTools.

i found it quite easy actually :cheeky:

as long as the name you're changing isn't used by another car you should be fine as far as i can see, i changed the Merc SLK55 to a "BMW 120i" in modding tools like you normally would, then i just changed 120 to 135 (to match Tool's mod)

-when you click on the name editor tab for e.g. the SLK, mercedes, slk55 and amg come up

-but when i click on the name editor tab for the GTO, the nissan came up as i said :confused: so i wanna know what went wrong...

e: how about some images, first one is normal, second one is the SLK i changed, 3rd is the GTO

Do you have to also have that Djey's Community Patch 1.67d, to make TDUUT work right?

Nope.

-but when i click on the name editor tab for the GTO, the nissan came up as i said so i wanna know what went wrong...

Could be an id issue. I'll check it out.

EDIT: Car Data Database 1.4 Released. Patches this issue. Please download from http://tdupe.com.