We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if it's for sale in the dealer

In the 1.67d patch, the Performance Package version of the car is available in the Mercedes dealership on the north shore of the island, way up by the Lexus dealership. It's still there with the 1.68a patch.

Pretty much all of the "tune-up cars" can be sold separately just by giving them a dealership. The Nismo S-Tune, the Alpha GT Tech Kits, the Saleen Mustang upgrades, and the SLK Performance Package, they can all be given their own dealerships. I don't have any empty dealers left in my game, they all have something in them.

Guys, has anyone made something like a more realistic brakes in TDU? I mean values which are more relevant to real cars like braking with F430 on a distance of 33 meters not 25 meters (like it's in Hardcore mode) and also less efficient braking from high-speeds like it's in real life.

I'm asking because I'm searching for that kinda .bnk file ;)

Guys, has anyone made something like a more realistic brakes in TDU? I mean values which are more relevant to real cars like braking with F430 on a distance of 33 meters not 25 meters (like it's in Hardcore mode) and also less efficient braking from high-speeds like it's in real life.

I'm asking because I'm searching for that kinda .bnk file ;)

You're not going to find something like that in a single BNK file.

You can use TDUPE and go through every car and make the brakes worse all on your own.

I guarantee you, most of the cars in this game, the brakes aren't strong enough as it is, it's like driving on tires made of KY lube.

Veyron Physics

Fantastic job on the editor!

This is my attempt on the Veyron physics. The great majority of the data derives from real sources. The car achieves the speed of 409km/h. Gear ratio is from actual data as is engine, width, weight, height, brake dimensions.

I have attached the .tdupk file; you can upload it with the editor.

Pls., Let me know if its any good!

Fantastic job on the editor!

This is my attempt on the Veyron physics. The great majority of the data derives from real sources. The car achieves the speed of 409km/h. Gear ratio is from actual data as is engine, width, weight, height, brake dimensions.

I have attached the .tdupk file; you can upload it with the editor.

Pls., Let me know if its any good!

There's a problem with making Veyron physics for this game, no matter how much real information you put in, the car is capable is greatly exceeding it's technical maximum speed limit. It will easily hit the limit and sit there banging the rev limiter the whole time.

This game wasn't meant for 1100 horsepower vehicles.

Guest turbo lag

I'll put it straight out; it's impossible to make perfect physics for this game without inputting incorrect statistics for cars.

Like Kurgan has said, "This game wasn't meant for 1100 horsepower vehicles."

I'll put it straight out; it's impossible to make perfect physics for this game without inputting incorrect statistics for cars.

I absolutely agree! The physics engine isn't perfect, it needs a fair bit of massaging to get cars to resemble real world performance!!

However, there are ways to make the Veyron work quite closely to it's real world performance.

There's a problem with making Veyron physics for this game, no matter how much real information you put in, the car is capable is greatly exceeding it's technical maximum speed limit. It will easily hit the limit and sit there banging the rev limiter the whole time.

This game wasn't meant for 1100 horsepower vehicles.

Your best option is to use an aero limiter. My personal set of Veyron physics have the full 1001HP of the Veyron, yet it tops out at 260 while drafting (which is a little higher than it should be, but it's not completely inaccurate). It takes a bit of experimenting, but if your aero limiter is high enough, your car won't go past a certain speed regardless of its horsepower. I once had an Evo X with 300HP and I mistakenly set the aero limiter to 2.9 instead of 0.29, and it wouldn't go past 120MPH or so. :lol:

@ poster above: I don't know for sure, but I think that there's a setting labeled "Ride Height" or "Suspension Height" - if it's there, use that. Otherwise, just try different suspension settings.

Hey excellent tool, but I have a question, I'd like to change the name of my Alfa Brera to Chevy Cobalt SS, but if I do that, will it effect races with Alfa Romeo restriction(Alfa romeo day is an example) If so, is there a way to fix that? Thanks in advance..

Hey excellent tool, but I have a question, I'd like to change the name of my Alfa Brera to Chevy Cobalt SS, but if I do that, will it effect races with Alfa Romeo restriction(Alfa romeo day is an example) If so, is there a way to fix that? Thanks in advance..

Yes changing the brands and names of the cars has an impact on the singleplayer part of the game, I found this out the hard way when I lost my game save and had to start over again.

I bought dozens of cars, and none of them would register under the purchase bonuses under Game Progress. It also negatively effects the Package Delivery missions, the ones with car restrictions wouldn't show the car name at all. The Hot Model missions don't seem to be effected though.....

The only way I could fix it was to go back to the original DB.bnk and DB_US.bnk files temporarily to get the purchase bonuses and complete the package delivery missions.

If possible, do custom model names in Djey's Modding Tools. Also, since you're running Vista, try doing all of the Vista-related stuff like setting administrator rights, etc. and try it again.

If it's permanently ruined, restore your DB.BNK from a backup. If you don't have a backup, download Patch 1.67D or 1.68A, which will overwrite DB.BNK with a fresh (although slightly patched) copy.

I have a couple questions about the Center of Gravity settings.

First, for the X Axis setting, let's say I put in a setting of 63, is that 63% of the weight towards the front or is it 63% towards the back of the vehicle?

I've found that any setting over 52 makes the vehicle more stable at high speeds, the higher the setting, the less "tail wag" the car has in response to steering input. I've also found that the higher the setting, the harder it is to reach top speed regardless of the horsepower, gearing, and drag settings.

Second, for the Y Axis setting, is that a vertical axis setting, or is that a left or right of center kind of thing? If it's left or right, I won't be messing with it, but if it's vertical, which way is up and which way is down??? I've got a few cars that could do with a lower CoG, they seem to want to lift up and almost tip over during a simple handbrake drift.

I believe that this figure is % weight on the front of the car. This seems to be opposite to reality with respect to 'less tail wag', but remember that this isn't reality, it's just a physics engine. :) The engine may be calculating the weight on the front wheels and deciding that more weight = more grip = more stable when steering (see below). The main way the engine controls steering stability is via the 'Oversteer' setting.

As for why less weight on the rear causes you to have a lower top speed, the physics engine in TDU seems to have a close relationship between 'weight' on the driving wheels and and amount of the car's power that will be 'applied' to the road. It's almost like you're wheel-spinning if you don't have enough weight on the driving wheels. Parameters like downforce, weight & weight distribution have a huge effect on applicable power. Again, this is sometimes contrary to reality.

The 'Y' axis is vertical and in my experience this setting has very little or no influence on the car. Sometimes there are parameters which are non-functional (or effectively so) and I believe that this is one of them. If you want to reduce body roll, you are best to adjust the suspension instead. AFAIK there is no 'left/right' COG adjustment (& no real reason for one either).

Hey, guys! Great job on the Editor, but I have some problems with it. When I'm starting TDU Editor, it says first, that the TDU Database couldn't be found. And second, after I click "OK", it shows to me the main window as it should. But when I click on "Load car", it says that a parameter name "s" can't be zero and something with a JIT Debugger, so I can't load a car to modify it. What could be the solution(s)?