We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Phone should I get?

Jacob

Htc Hd2! Its awesome! Im on it now, because its awesome on dem internetz with such a big screen.

My dad has the 3gs, but also agree that my phone looks better and is a little faster. 1024ghz that is:)

But if u want many programs, get the 3gs, so far i have downloaded one on my hd2.

Lolz I knew the N95 would be brought up, but even faster than I thought. TBH, you are best off getting a phone that provides you with what you need for what you can afford. I personally wouldn't ask on a forum like this, you'll either get told the iPhone is better/cooler with no reasoning given or you'll get told the N95 has a better camera, which if it's all it has going for it is pretty poor.

I have an iPhone 3G, the speaker broke itself so now incoming calls and texts etc are barely audible and I have had small niggles software wise, probably down to the excessive use I've given the phone. My friend has an N95, a software malfunction locked the phone and he lost everything on it.

Smart phones are a gift and a curse.

Get a Nokia 3310, it'll work for years :) Other than that the iPhone is nice but has flaws, same with the N95, you might be best getting a 6month old phone and saving some money, check out online reviews and not a forum like this for a more accurate picture ;)

Get a Nokia 3310;)

That's very true.I have an Sharp GX17, an Nokia 5000 and a Lg Kp501 Cookie.

the phone i use the most is the sharp becuse its so easy to use. and already fall from the pocket while i was ridin my bicicle and already went to th water and it still works perfect.Well Baldred the 3310 i think is one of the best mobile phone of ever my sister had one never malfuntion till it was stolen.

Now Lamboguy the IPhone is great but in Portugal its cheaper to buy a new one that too fix it.I have the same opinion as tWm.

Actually its what ever mom can Afford :p. I've taken the HTC off the list, because her boyfriend just got one and said it was crap, and there to complicated. I tried it and I was like whaaaa. So ill think about the Nokia. But ill probally go with the iPhone if im given the choice. Also I know alot of people on here have iPhones, so I thought it was a good place to ask.

• 5 weeks later...

N900 looks very fat, but if u look at the phone itself it's quite amazing, i'm looking forward to a new phone aswell, i've been very satisfied with my HTC S740, but i'm looking forward to a new one, since mine is starting to get outdated, might wanna re-buy any HTC, or an IPHONE 3GS

haven't decided yet ^^

What do you primarily want from it? The safest all round bet IMO would be the iPhone. I have an iPhone 3G after going through a HTC TyTn II, a Nokia 5800XM, a HTC Hero and a Nokia N97 Mini and it's just a brilliant allrounder. Easily the smoothest touchscreen on a device right now, smoothest running, best web browsing experienced and it's got the "it just works" factor about it, which is great.

But depending on what you want from your next phone, I'm sure there are many other great devices that may do a better job.

I use an N95 1st gen, It's a great phone, especially if (like me) you're not a fan of touch screens.

I bought it for £90, and have a £30 16Gb Micro SD in it. I've broken the screen on it.. a new one, including guide to replace and the screwdriver i needed was... £8 inc. postage...

Pros: Cheap to buy, fix and customise, nice screen, great camera, fast internet, GPS, wifi, great media controls, pretty bulletproof in general. none of the gimmicky touch screen lark, MMS support (troll time :D) fast bluetooth

Cons: Battery life can be a bit poor, for some reason battery covers hate me, looks chunky.

Yeah, the battery on the iPhone sucks. I have a mini solar charger I carry around because it drains too quickly :|. The Nexus One is also a good idea to check out, but I had a HTC Hero (which is also Android) and I got rid of it because the developer interest just isn't there (from third party and from Google), so if you're looking for loads of useful apps, Android isn't going to work.

However, if you're looking for some useful apps and some useful widgets/a nice UI, Android is the best way to go.

hmm, alright, found something pretty important here, battery life, my HTC S740 isn't long lasting at all, but i didn't knew the iPhone had the same issue :)

anyway, i've been looking around on HTC's website on a new model to buy from them, and honestly, i found nothing that perfectly suited my needs, and since the iPhone is highly customizable (with the app's and all..) i think i'ma save up and go for the iPhone 3Gs, and hoping that it doesnt give up on it's battery during my day at school ^^

I have an iPhone for over a year now. It's lasted well considering what i've put it through.

It's has had bad days though. For a while the locking button on the top got stuck in and it would constantly lock and unlock untill you managed to pull it out

Ohh and it died for a day, but that was my fault for getting snow up the charger slot ;)

Other than that, it's been great. All the different apps are amazing and i've never used another phone with such a nice touchscreen. The camera isn't great but I have a proper camera for taking photos :lol:

I have an iPhone for over a year now. It's lasted well considering what i've put it through.

It's has had bad days though. For a while the locking button on the top got stuck in and it would constantly lock and unlock untill you managed to pull it out

Ohh and it died for a day, but that was my fault for getting snow up the charger slot ;)

Other than that, it's been great. All the different apps are amazing and i've never used another phone with such a nice touchscreen. The camera isn't great but I have a proper camera for taking photos :lol:

My iPhone is now sent back to apple, as all the buttons besides the menu button dont work. We also may have to pay for the repairs, as the only way it can break like that is if it was drop ,or put in liquid I haven't done either adcept for when I droped it after it broke lol.

well, i have been thinking, and actually, there is no other phone that suit's my needs best then an iPhone, all the app's are very good, and you can customize your Phone with em in any way you like, multimedia, pictures, bussiness, everythin ! :D

and i like a phone that can do all of that

my conclusion :

I'm getting myself an iPhone 3Gs ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

@nitrox - Internet browsing isn't really an issue anymore; a lot of HTCs have taken over the iPhone in terms of browsing, so if you want the best browser, don't jump straight to the iPhone for that. I'd recommend looking at the HTC HD2 as well; my friend has one and the touchscreen is just as responsive as the iPhone, and the screen is bigger and the interface a lot more useful.

I'm picking up a Palm Pre in a week or so as well, so if you don't have an iPhone by then I'll let you know how the Pre is.

EDIT: Directed @ Nitrox.