We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My suggestions for a VERY SUCCESSFUL GAME!

rambo436

Well I just want to go and say TDU was great! But like with every game, I just wanted more! So here are some of my suggestions. (Alot of them are agreeing with other users). This is in no particular order.

1. Turn Signals

2. Open/Close Convertable Roof

3.Better/More Realistic Exhaust Sounds!!!!

4.Active Weather (Rain/Thunderstorms)

5.Light Control (Hi/Lo/Off)

6.Real Race Modes in car (ex. Lamborghini has a Corsa Mode)

7.Flames spit out of exhaust with downshifts from High REVs

8.Better Graphics is a must (like terrain and roads and cars) but not rediculous.

9.Brake noises that squeak when stopping at slow speed.

10.All of the Speedometers work ;)

11.Radio has commentary like commercials or Speakers.

12.Good lighting effects/animations.

13.Possibly a cluch for the manual transmissions???

14.Don't forget brake caliper colors!

This is all of the top of my head I'm sure I could name more little ones. If all of these were put into the game then well... it would be the BEST Racing game ever!!!:excited: Garunteed

Now a list of possible car suggestions.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640-4 Coupe/Roadster

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4

Lamborghini Reventon Coupe/New Roadster

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Coupe/Converable

Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Balboni Edition

Ferrari Italia

Ferrari California

Ferrari 599

Ferrari 599 GTB

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Maseratti Gran Turismo

Dodge Viper ACR

Lexus LFA

Pagani Zonda R

Corvette ZR1

Buggatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe and Convertable

Nissan GTR

Nissan 370z

Audi R8 FSI 4.2 Quattro (V8)

Audi R8 FSI 5.2? Quattro (V10)

I wish Porsche but EA Sports are greedy :mad:

Mercedes SLS AMG

McLaren MP4-12C

Name some others in the thread if you can!!!

11.Radio has commentary like commercials or Speakers.
Now that is thinking right outside of the box! Imagine if Eden/Atari could get revenue by having radio ads playing in the game on the radio and through your own music that you downloaded or were streamed (they wouldn't be massive and would overwrite the old ad file to keep down bloat).

I think that would be kind of cool to be honest, not sure about the rest of you though.

Good list and very creative thinking on this one especially.

• 2 weeks later...

@zo6dude: billboards would be very nice. but you have them in

the old tdu also but only with cars on it. It would be nice if they

put some other pictures on the billboards. Also the turning lights would

be very awesome. Eventually I think with all the things people

are recommanding to edit in the new tdu it will turn out to be

a real life game just like Grand Theft Auto but then with no guns

and with no stealing etc.:)

• 1 month later...

I'd obviously love the instant replay (TDU1 was supposed to have it enabled if you dig around the files on your HDD, there's a recorded tutorial WAV file describing it). Besides having a (30-60 second IR available (with choice of multiple camera views to use with Fraps or the like), you should be able to hit a Record Now button, which records everything from that point forward until you hit stop. Then you can choose your custom replay views.

It doesn't need a full on editor or recorder, that's what FRAPS and Sony Vegas Pro (or whatever software you use) does best.

Just make sure we can hide the HUD on all the various replays and other scenes.

"optional windsheild wipers" - this is done in Colin Mcrae DiRT so it can't be too hard for Atari to put it in.

"2. Open/Close Convertable Roof" - this would be awesome but the only problem is that would you be able to operate it whilst driving along at over 100MPH as that would just be asking for trouble

"4.Active Weather (Rain/Thunderstorms)" - they should sooo do this and also add real time weather like what is in flight simulator, so if it is raining on the island it rains in the game etc.

" 11.Radio has commentary like commercials or Speakers" - they could also stream a radio station from where the game is set, the only problem would be the language barrier.

"12.Good lighting effects/animations." - this is important because if there is a day and night cycle then you need lights and if you are sat in the cabin of your car then you should get the dash board controls light up, and having 2 stages of lights should be included as it would be awesome.

Rain is in so I don't worry about that and I think I saw one preview mentioning thunderstrikes too. I don't think any dev would let you operate roofs at such speeds, in real life the max is between 30 and 50km/h.

I agree dashboard illumination (and ambient lights like in the new S-Class facelift) are a must with nighttime and dashviews. I loved it from NFS4 and some of the truckinggames, and those are all games I can remember with it.