We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari returns to NFS

zo6dude

http://www.needforspeed.com/web/nfs-na/blogs/need-for-speed-news/-/nfsblogs/1059558

We have news for Need for Speed fans across the globe today, and it’s big – Ferrari is making its triumphant return to the NFS universe for the first time since Hot Pursuit 2 with the release of the Ferrari Racing Series for SHIFT.

You read that correctly, the last time a Ferrari was featured in an NFS game was nearly eight years ago. We’ve got a full range of 10 supercars from the prancing horse, including the California (seen above), F430 GTC and one of the rarest Ferraris of all, the F50 GT.

Also included in the Ferrari Racing Series, which is available exclusively on Xbox 360, is the Ferrari World Tour, a new series of races where you’ll pit yourself against Ferrari’s stablemates in a series to determine which Italian supercar is king of the hill.

The Ferrari Racing Series is available for SHIFT starting February 18 for a cost of $10 or 800 Microsoft Points. Here are some shots of the cars in the pack to tide you over until it’s out.

- Unless i'm reading it wrong, but EA fails again by only putting it out on the Xbox 360...

People really need to stop whining that this download isn't going to be for the PS3 because EA has realized that the Play-station platform has lost a lot of popularity since the X-BOX has com out.

Its good that you guys are doing this because you're already making NFS world exclusively for PC which is just dumb.

I think marketing it only for X-BOX is smart because PS3 and the PC aren't as popular as the X-BOX. For example go to any school and you will see that mostly all of the people have X-BOX live not Play-station Network. By the way thats the worst name for an online gaming network' date=' what a dumb name.[/quote']

The first three comments I read after the article. Why state the facts when you can make them up!

Please never ever make an NFS sub section, no matter how great any of the future games may be, people like this need to be kept away.

No, I don't know why the author (using the term loosely) feels the need to hyphen Playstation either.

People really need to stop whining that this download isn't going to be for the PS3 because EA has realized that the Play-station platform has lost a lot of popularity since the X-BOX has com out.

Its good that you guys are doing this because you're already making NFS world exclusively for PC which is just dumb.

I think marketing it only for X-BOX is smart because PS3 and the PC aren't as popular as the X-BOX. For example go to any school and you will see that mostly all of the people have X-BOX live not Play-station Network. By the way thats the worst name for an online gaming network, what a dumb name.

----------------

I love tou tWm :)

Triple post much? :D:lol:

----------------

Anyways, this sorta isn't a surprise (the car list I mean) I have all the textures and knew every car already. However every n00b kept saying "Nah that was from their old game they were going to create" :oook:

Anyways, this really gets me mad about the non PC part. As much as I own a Xbox 360 it still sucks, I prefer PC Shift over 360 Shift.

This also screws up my plan to release a Ferrari pack for TDU. :mad: I had the whole layout/thread already mapped out to be posted, once officially announced. So that really sucks bollocks. If it ever does see the light of day for PC in the next 5 months just like GTA IV is doing just now for the PC. Then I can still do it.

Here's a quote from a respected individual in the gaming community:

When asked if that sounded like a contradiction, he responded that you have to think of technology as a tool that can scale. He said the game's content scales to the platform it's on. "The PC version will look better, because of the fact that the PC can do more. It will be scaling up. But on the consoles, you're competing with console games," he said. "The goal is to be the best looking game on PS3 [and] the best looking game on 360 in the entire market." On the PC front, Crysis 2 will compete with the original Crysis, which still sets the bar for PC graphics.

So it is acknowledged by most game developers that PC is more powerful - that's why they build every game on PC, then put it to consoles later. :cheeky:

I think marketing it only for X-BOX is smart because PS3 and the PC aren't as popular as the X-BOX. For example go to any school and you will see that mostly all of the people have X-BOX live not Play-station Network. By the way thats the worst name for an online gaming network, what a dumb name.

As dumb, perhaps, as the calling on online interface World Wide Web? Actually, PSN isn't that dumb of a name; it's a network of Playstations, whereas "xBox Live!" is a really jubilant way of saying the xBox online is "Living!" (with an added exclamation point for no apparent reason).

Ontopic: Interesting (and depressing) find. It could be that it's going to be released later, though...

-Leadfoot

;277203']

So it is acknowledged by most game developers that PC is more powerful - that's why they build every game on PC, then put it to consoles later. :cheeky:

Was there anyone that wasn't aware of this? No matter how much of a blind console fanboy you are (PC gaming is for loners and child predators, get me..) you can't possibly argue that the PC is less powerful. Duh.

You can argue over the quality of player satisfaction and community but power, no way.

Well unlike Atari *cough* maybe if enough people are concerned about it not being realeased for the PC and PS3, maybe they will change their minds and make it for the 2 platforms, New Ferraris for TDU would be awesome, and I could use some new cars in Shift on my PS3(And maybe while their at it they can stop making boring Youtube videos..)

I read a comment EA posted on youtube claming they plan on coming out with something for the PC and PS3 versions in March :) (Maybe we'll get some cool mods ;) for tdu)

Nope, sadly the March DLC won't be coming to PC either. :(

http://forum.needforspeed.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/397373.page

To answer your question CrowTRobot; neither the Ferrari Racing Series nor the March content will be available on PC. As for future content...I can't say because I don't know.

- NFSDrew

• 3 weeks later...

Wow i was going to create such about thread

Not for the news that was a bit old but i saw the video

It's not that good edited, and show few things, it worth for the F50 and F575, i hope for the F355 too.

YouTube - VISO Games Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHbGpkDHNM

[TUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHbGpkDHNM&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHbGpkDHNM&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

I'd like to point out the McLaren Mp4-12c

it's clear as day, there's no denying the brand new McLaren is in Shift..

and from what I've read, there WILL be DLC for PC, and I'm sure the Mp4

is one of the ways they're going to make up for our prancing horse loss

87f18769304773.gif

mark my words ;)