We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2012 Chevrolet Aveo leaked!

gingervette

2012 Chevrolet Aveo sneaks out of presentation

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Feb 23rd 2010 at 4:40PM

aveo-ext-630op.jpg

2012 Chevrolet Aveo – Click above for image gallery

With the recent unveiling of the Aveo RS concept at the Detroit Auto Show and spy shots of Chevrolet's diminutive hatch testing in Michigan, Chevy is obviously prepping all-new Aveo for prime time. And judging by these pics procured by KickingTires after a presentation by Bob Lutz, the Aveo is getting a much-needed makeover both inside and out.

aveo-interior-250op.jpgWith a front end that stays true to the RS, along with a set of bulging fenders and an artfully carved swage line, the 2012 Aveo is a dramatic departure from the budget-conscious model roaming the streets today. Coupled with a thoroughly revised interior, complete with upgraded materials and the RS' motorcycle-inspired gauge cluster, the Aveo has its sights set squarely on the new Ford Fiesta, particularly when it arrives in five-door form.

Pricing remains a question mark, but we'd suspect all the details to be revealed before the end of the year, with sales starting sometime in 2011.

[source: KickingTires]

Filed under: Budget, Sedan, Hatchback, Chevrolet

Tags: 2012, 2012 chevrolet aveo, 2012 chevy aveo, 2012ChevroletAveo, 2012ChevyAveo, aveo, chevrolet, chevy

Source: Autoblog

And the title is rather enthusiastic, if it was a lambo then the "!" is fine, but for that car? pheesh :P

By opinion only...

Anyhow, I kind of like it. The interior is stunning I believe and is really improving GM's reputation for bad interiors. The exterior is truly an acquired taste. I like it but can completely understand why someone wouldn't.

But, it is at the very least an improvement over the last model. General Motors is striving hard for improvement and i think this is proof.

Arghh!!! This is why I HATED the current Aveo. Why do they always have to be stupid and put the badge on the bumper and not in the grille. :rolleyes:

Yes! Finally! Someone else who's noticed and doesn't like it!

I completely agree, and I would like it if it wasn't for that simple thing. It is a huge improvement over the old one though.