We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

uhm...there's nothing at official Atari page :confused:

guys where did u see Zonda F?

Go on the website and just stay on the homepage. Theres like a video thing within the TDU2 text and you can see it pop up there every so often as the video loops. ;)

Or you can just stare at my signature that has a print screen of it. :cool:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's based on Ibiza by the look of it, whether it will be the same scale or an enlarged version etc will remain to be seen, however search for Old Ibiza town and you should find an image essentially the same.

Ibiza is too small, much smaller than Oahu. I doubt they enlarged some existing island just to put it in the game, there's no point. This in fact would be just some imaginary location, it would be bad imo.

I'd still put my money on Mallorca, anyways I was pretty damn close :D

Ibiza is too small, much smaller than Oahu. I doubt they enlarged some existing island just to put it in the game, there's no point. This in fact would be just some imaginary location, it would be bad imo.

I'd still put my money on Mallorca, anyways I was pretty damn close :D

Going by TDU2.com it's Ibiza

Ibiza Harbour/Old Town

2v0l7dd.jpg

TDU2.com image

t6us6g.png

If you can't see it clearly, look at the darker building in the middle, present on both.

It's the same place.

Oh I agree nothing is certain. Going by the whole look of the site at this stage it could just be a randomly chosen piece of stock photography that they chose because it looked Mediterranean.

However it does fit in nicely with earlier rumours of Ibiza.

Although Ibiza is smaller it has plenty of roads. Oahu is just over twice the size but remember how many of the streets didn't feature in TDU? Having a smaller island would allow a more thorough construction, giving a truer resemblance to the actual location with nearly all the roads mapped in. So although in real life the island is smaller, we could end up with a bigger island in game.. if that makes sense?

I'm quite up for the idea, actually.

Pinch me am I dreaming this.........

WOW fantastic news at last, and it true yes its announced, its on all the gaming sites.

Love it cant wait no longer now I know its coming I want it now hahahahaha

I bet its set for Sept 2010 Release? I could not see a date. But you can be sure that its going to be shown at E3 Expo in June.....

Oh I agree nothing is certain. Going by the whole look of the site at this stage it could just be a randomly chosen piece of stock photography that they chose because it looked Mediterranean.

However it does fit in nicely with earlier rumours of Ibiza.

Although Ibiza is smaller it has plenty of roads. Oahu is just over twice the size but remember how many of the streets didn't feature in TDU? Having a smaller island would allow a more thorough construction, giving a truer resemblance to the actual location with nearly all the roads mapped in. So although in real life the island is smaller, we could end up with a bigger island in game.. if that makes sense?

I'm quite up for the idea, actually.

Another point is that most of the land on TDU1 was taken up by mountains or very steep hills where you can't really put roads. Ibiza is more flat but it is still hilly. There is a larger surface area where you can actually put the roads.

Having a smaller island with more roads is better than having a larger island with less roads. Well, that's my point of view anyway.

So in my opinion, Ibiza is a better choice for an island.

It does make sense, partially. U see, it's not only sum of roads length that matters. For very fast driving (and that's it in TDU, not only fast, but VERY fast driving) u need space, not only lots of roads/streets concentrated in a small area. In fact, Oahu got at least 10 times more roads/streets comparing to the game, but it would be silly if u had a crossroad every few hundred meters like in real life, there would be impossible to drive over 100-150 kmh.

So, if u want to keep current gameplay, road net should be similar and it needs lots of space. Would u like to get to another side of the island in like 5-10 minutes? I wouldn't. At least I'm not used to it, so it would be a degradation of the game.

I expect a bigger driving area and that's final :twisted:

:excited: :bparty: :excited: :bparty: :excited: :bparty: :excited:

I just can't believe it! After all of this, concepts images, different rumours and whatnot, it's finally official! I love you Atari! :D

And "vehicle damage" <insert crazy amount of exclamation marks here>

Can't wait for the official location and car list! :excited:

Oh wait, and the name? Is Test Drive Unlimited 2 official now or is High Life still in it?