We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can we do?

Wait until April for news.

Because now im getting dizzy about 2 islands o.o

Would be cool but will make lot of problems i think.

EDIT:

I was reading the Topic "TDU2 Needs" and looks like that they are maybe taking lot of things that you sent to them Diablo!

If TDU2 turns out to be as awesome as it sounds, I wouldn't think twice about spending $100 on it, but that would stop a lot of my mates from getting it, so I guess it'll be released at around the same price as most new games. I would like to see TDU2 on Steam this time as well.

The only thing that scares me is how much better this game is, mixed with atari's new business model (of online revenue)

what if it's online subscription? :s

It won't be, it would be very difficult for them to do that with a multiformat title. (I don't know this for sure though)

What I think they have seen with TDU is that how popular it can be and with perhaps the funds the DLC and Megapack has been bringing in extra, they will endeavour to do more of this.

I know many people on the Xbox side who say TDU is the only game they bought all the DLC for. And I don't mean a lot of you guys here but CoD players, Forza players and such.

If TDU2 turns out to be as awesome as it sounds, I would like to see TDU2 on Steam this time as well.

I dont know if you have played MW2?

But that was run by Steam and in my opinion was rubbish as connections dropped and could not connect to IW.net and all the other problems that go with it?

I hope to god that it uses a decent server so that we all get to go on-line and enjoy the game for what it is, the graphics, the cars, the challenges and the enjoyment of cruising around in fast cars we may never get to see or even drive in real life?

Going back to MW2, overall graphics are so sweet and the game was a big hit and out sold COD MW easy. but because they made it so that there was NO dedicated servers to run the game with admin or server rules, the result was that you could install aim bots and other so called cheats.

It ran on IW.net and Steam that made for the lack security against these cheats.

I find the same with TDU, I enter a cafe and goto a race that has been set up and it could be a point to point and covering say 3 miles and the top time done for that would be less than a second,

now I know that it is impossible for the fastest plane car boat or anything to reach that distance in under a second, so they are cheating.

I would like to see dedicated servers set up for TDU2 and that way the cheats get kicked and the real dedicated racers play.

Has anyone here played with Google Earth a bit? Using the ruler tool I followed a mix of asphalt and dirt roads around Ibiza, sticking as close to the coast as possible. My round trip came up at 127 Miles. I originally set out to measure all the roads (naively) so I didn't drive twice on the same road so its length wouldnt be counted twice, which left out a lot of sightseeing.

First observation: the character and diversity are mind blowing. It has the potential to be something epic. It all depends on the graphics engine though and I'm a bit worried because the few shots already released remind me of yet another tropical paradise rather than a mediterranean setting.

Second observation: if Eden stuck as close to reality as possible, explorers and rallye racing fans should be the biggest winners. Biggest losers: guys who like to cruise at 200mph in A class cars. I don't really see the potential for that.

Lastly, the idea of a 1:1, "Google Earth perfect" Ibiza boggles the mind but I'd say the idea that there are roughly 2000 miles of roads on Ibiza, dirt roads included, doesn't seem so far fetch. Next step will be to keep my excitement in check to avoid mindcrushing disappointments.

I really hope it won't be pay-to-go-online. Most likely it'll then mean creditcard use, and just as Atari should have learned from the megapack purchase, there are loads of users that don't have a creditcard.

Like iRacing? WoW? Lord Of bla bla bla?

Nah... Atari is not ready to do these things.

Hey guys, :)

You know what woud be realy cool for tdu2 ? something that i allways whanted to be in tdu and something that i allways do in real life.

Drving on an endless highway... stop the car on the right...get out of the car and hide behind a tree and then do your natural needs... :)

Go back in the car and drive again for a few hours before repeting the procces.

I really hope tdu 2 will have this feature...fingers crossed :D

And btw sorry for my bad enghlish..it will get better.

Hey thanks all,diablo dont worry i read the rules ,thats why i wrote it in a more convenient language..:D i pretty much know all of you people around TDUC ,iv bean watching this community and reading whats new...since it allmoust startet,when it was in beta stage, way before Test drive unlimited was car modabale...like back then there where no car modes for tdu, only some small modes, wheels,colors etc.. a bunch of people that are today where not back then on tduc..anyway i kinda like you guys, you make a very good and friendly community and we all share the passion for cars and for this wonderfull game that soon will be a sequel.

Today i decided to make an account and allsow say something on this forum.

Cheers to you all...from russia with love ;)

Edit: and as a first mistake i sayd thinks that shoud had bean sayd in the introduction forum :D sorry... il edit tomorow.

If is Dedicated servers.... will not be TDU >_>

Maybe like "WoW" would be perfect, of course, with not that "pay-per-play", would be 1 strong dedicated server, that can support lot of players. Good: Atari doesnt need to mantain their servers, or use "us" as a server for 1 player. Bad: If Atari doesnt put effort on the game after the release, these server will close/die.