We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the admins at the official forum are invisible ghosts, you are referring to Gramps, a Moderator. a very good one, but not an admin

True but he is by far the closest thing we have to an admin on those forums - if he wrote that there was no official date any game developer would want to correct it and confirm that its release date is confirmed. There are too many things that point to a delay - limited amount of cars announced, no beta, trailers displaying - this 'fall', amazon stating that date is 30th October, etc. To be honest I wouldnt be disappointed if there was a delay because at least we wouldnt get a buggy game.

Still not official, most likely the truth though.

Take ur time guys, I want it polished....anything less is not acceptable.

Agreed, the longer they take the better the game (hopefully). :) They also seem to have been a bit later getting the beta going this time so that's probably got something to do with it.

Talking of emails from suppliers, are we ever going to get pre-order extras in Europe, or is it our turn to be screwed over this time?

Would be nice to have something. The one place I was expecting to have some kind of Pre-order extras was GAME, Perhaps they will do something nearer the time.

@tWm. - Europe has plenty... It's just not written by the slow-working-guys at TDU2.com.

Norway for instance, has at leased 3 online stores that can confirm that they are giving away exclusive content when pre-ordering TDU2. Since Atari hasn't updated their TDU2 website then the phone call confirmations I have Isn't good enough proof for this forum.

Gamezone.no - Audi Q7 Coastline (No exclusive content left for PC-version)

Spaceworld.no - Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition

CDON.no - Veyron Centenaire

I hope it will be delayed (yeah, I know everyone hates me for saying that :D ). It's better to release a great product then something just okay,... and since I'm going on a 9 month travel in Asia, then I won't be able to play TDU2 anyway before I get back.

I hope it will be delayed (yeah, I know everyone hates me for saying that :D ). It's better to release a great product then something just okay,... and since I'm going on a 9 month travel in Asia, then I won't be able to play TDU2 anyway before I get back.

I would also have no bad feelings for a delay. We already have some concerns that need to be looked at, the beta testing needs a few months if it is taken seriously, and I could save some more money for upgrades. :p

;341297']Cool, so TDU2 will be released sometime in March, just like TDU1 (which was delayed from September to October, then to January, then March). Moving on...

-Leadfoot

remember this was for PC. TDU came out sept 5 2006 on Xbox 360. if it comes out in sept 2010 it will be the same (for me at least).

remember this was for PC. TDU came out sept 5 2006 on Xbox 360. if it comes out in sept 2010 it will be the same (for me at least).

That's true, but it's easy for you 360 players to forget that a major platform (myself and the rest of the PC crowd) still had to wait seven months for a relatively run-of-the-mill port, and I for one have doubts that Atari is competent enough this time around to get the release within a month of the original date.

I'm sorry, but I'm still angry over waiting (and reading about every single challenge in my dog-eared 360-spec handbook!) an extra SEVEN (maybe I should say that again, louder) months.

-Leadfoot

;341491']That's true, but it's easy for you 360 players to forget that a major platform (myself and the rest of the PC crowd) still had to wait seven months for a relatively run-of-the-mill port, and I for one have doubts that Atari is competent enough this time around to get the release within a month of the original date.

I'm sorry, but I'm still angry over waiting (and reading about every single challenge in my dog-eared 360-spec handbook!) an extra SEVEN (maybe I should say that again, louder) months.

-Leadfoot

i understand ya. i found that this year. i had never participated in a forum till now. i didn't even had internet when TDU came in 2006-2007 :sulk:

;341491']That's true, but it's easy for you 360 players to forget that a major platform (myself and the rest of the PC crowd) still had to wait seven months for a relatively run-of-the-mill port, and I for one have doubts that Atari is competent enough this time around to get the release within a month of the original date.

-Leadfoot

I just hope they won't pull off the same tricks with DLC's and patches. Everything for pc got delayed down to the exact hour of release (patch) and I also don't get the 1,5 year wait before the megapack showed up, not even including áll cars (although we did get those 4 special cars, Spyker, Zonda, Gallardo and another one...).

The promise of Eden sounds good though, and with those russians at work back then on the atari forum (the white/red one) surely the devs/publishers must have seen ''a little bit of frustration'' :p